A good reason to carry

This is a discussion on A good reason to carry within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Very glad she's ok and the encounter ended well. If he was that close it could have gone poorly...but obviously he figured she was enough ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: A good reason to carry

Very glad she's ok and the encounter ended well. If he was that close it could have gone poorly...but obviously he figured she was enough of a threat to him to bolt. Thank God for that! I can't and won't say she did the wrong thing, but I certainly understand and share the concern. He could have gone for her weapon, and the element of surprise would have been his. Alternative action: drop the leash, create quick distance, hand on gun (still hidden), ask him to 'please leave.' Make sure she's not followed back to her room and at least call the front desk when she gets back to report a suspicious character. If her gun was clearly seen, call the police so hers will be the first call.

But she did identify herself as a dangerous person--there's gotta be something to be said for that. BG's like easy targets. Glad she wasn't one!

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dzrtbronco View Post
    My wife doesn't carry yet but I can gurantee that anybody that gets within 30ft of her while she's walking her dog will think twice about approaching. She's an 85lb mean *****. And I'm talking about the dog.
    I do believe that dog means business!
    ALWAYS carry! - NEVER tell!

"A superior Operator is best defined as someone who uses his superior
    judgement to keep himself out of situations that would require a display of his
    superior skills."

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sailormanCGA72 View Post
    Thumper, you have a good point. I will be going home this weekend and I plan to have an "after action assessment" and "lessons learned" session with her. Situational awareness and a proper response to a threat are not something learned overnight and without practice. (She didn't have that kind of problem when she had two pit bulls instead of the little shih tzu).
    Right on bro... we are all learning everyday we carry.

Maybe a solid command from her like "this conversation is over, now leave me alone" as she backed away or something simular would have told that guy she didn't care for his remarks and then if necessary, like the guy starting to pursue her, she could have armed herself at low ready. Just brainstorming.

I have used the phrase as someone undesirable approaches me, "I can't help you!" With my off hand raised in a palm out, stop right manor. The person usually stops too!
    ALWAYS carry! - NEVER tell!

"A superior Operator is best defined as someone who uses his superior
    judgement to keep himself out of situations that would require a display of his
    superior skills."

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links