Need Help / Info On Castle Doc

This is a discussion on Need Help / Info On Castle Doc within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; So I am a bit confused on this thing. the way I read it is that if i am legally able to be there as ...

Thread: Need Help / Info On Castle Doc

Question Need Help / Info On Castle Doc

So I am a bit confused on this thing. the way I read it is that if i am legally able to be there as in say the corner store, then I can without a permit carry openly and not be in trouble or breaking the law.

maybe someone can set me stright on this. I am aware that in my place of business and at home i am able to do whatever i want basicalyl but I am a little puzzeled on the rest.

sorry for any spelling mis-haps as i recently injured my right wrist and am to lazy to try and correct all my spelling errors
    ---------------------------------------------------
    "If all good things come to those that wait, how long before I get the best?" ---Me

http://www.nextlevelcellular.com/

2. Remove Ads

Good question, and not one that can be easily answered, since it depends upon where you live.

Go to

www.opencarry.org

to find out about your state and those surrounding you.
    A man in the hands of his enemies is flesh, and shudderingly vulnerable. - author unknown

You are confusing 2 very different laws. The castle doctrice, or in MI it is called "the self defense act" basically repealed the duty to retreat (before this, if we were legally at the store and someone tried to kill us, we had to exhaust all possible means of escape before we could defend ourselves). Currently, we do not have to run away and can stand our ground, unless we are comitting a crime, trespassing, and a few other things.

In MI there is no law that says you can open carry. But there is also no law that says you can't (not at the state level, maybe at some localities?). However open carry here could possibly bring breach of peace or, arguably, brandishing charges. I ain't no lawyer, but unless your on your own property that is my understanding.
    Spend few minutes learning about my journey from Zero to Athlete in this mini documentary!
    Then check out my blog! www.BodyByMcDonalds.com

Cupcake - 100 pound loser, adventurer, Ironman Triathlete.

Just an FYI, Bumper has asked that Open Carry not be discussed on this forum. http://defensivecarry.com/vbulletin/...ad.php?t=29554

As Scot Van noted, opencarry.org (forum at opencarry.mywowbb.com) is the best place to discuss this. There's a forum specifically for Michigan at: http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum30/

JD
    Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by bobernet View Post
    Just an FYI, Bumper has asked that Open Carry not be discussed on this forum. http://defensivecarry.com/vbulletin/...ad.php?t=29554

As Scot Van noted, opencarry.org (forum at opencarry.mywowbb.com) is the best place to discuss this. There's a forum specifically for Michigan at: http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum30/

What Bumper said was:

Quote Originally Posted by Bumper View Post

1. Open Carry. While most of us have no problem with those that open carry (including myself), there is a faction within those that primarily open carry that seem to believe that they must evangelize their belief on the rest of us. I am getting extremely tired of these arguments working themselves into the forum on a daily basis. They are starting to drive a wedge between some of our members and I am not going to stand for it any longer.

I am tempted to say, as before, that we are a concealed carry forum, but have come to realize that the argumentative few among you will say, "Yeah, then why do we discuss shotguns and rifles?" To leave that argument behind I will say, instead, quite strongly, "We are NOT an open carry forum" and leave it at that.

If you want to discuss open carry topics, I would encourage you to go elsewhere rather than posting them here. From this day forward, all threads that are primarily meant to extol the virtues of open carry will be removed without warning or apology from me or forum staff. If you feel so strongly about open carry that you cannot, or will not, refrain from trying to force us to include open carry in our focus, you will not be here much longer.

Please note: all threads that are primarily meant to extol the virtues of open carry will be removed without warning or apology from me or forum staff.

This is not one of those threads.

i will check over on opencarry... thanks for the info
    ---------------------------------------------------
    "If all good things come to those that wait, how long before I get the best?" ---Me

http://www.nextlevelcellular.com/

Links