DefensiveCarry logo apparel...ironic!???

This is a discussion on DefensiveCarry logo apparel...ironic!??? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I think it's great that the site has its own logo'ed apparel....BUT...does anyone else find it funny/ironic that 99% of the people on this forum ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: DefensiveCarry logo apparel...ironic!???

DefensiveCarry logo apparel...ironic!???

I think it's great that the site has its own logo'ed apparel....BUT...does anyone else find it funny/ironic that 99% of the people on this forum advocate CONCEALED carry.....YET.......there are a bunch of items available for sale here that are essentially say "I'M CARRYING A GUN!"

don't take this the wrong way....I definitely support the site and it's Store...I just wouldn't wear any of the apparel. I might purchase a sticker or patch....but never street wear.

2. Remove Ads

ahh i would worry about it i wear gun hats all the time most people dont even look at you now a days

true....but cross hairs on the chest is a different story!

again nobody is gonna look unless they are gun people

Administrator
    I see the irony, but Bud does have a point too.

I have boxes full of Glock, Beretta, HK shirts. I think I even a S&W or two. I dont wear anything in public with a Logo unless I am working for or otherwise being compensated to promote that company.

DC doesnt really fall into that group, as I personally want to support DC, but I also dont want to draw any attention to myself. Its more about supporting DC than it is looking cool or anything else.
    "Just blame Sixto"

I think its funny...not too long ago there was a big thread about wearing stuff like this and the majority looked down upon it then.
    Better to be tried by 12, than carried by 6

Aviation Machinist's Mate USN 93-97
    NAF Atsugi, Japan CVW 5
    CV62 USS Independence
    HS-12 Wyverns, VS-21 Fighting Redtails

I work as a contractor for a goverment agency. There is a gift shop in the building that has everything from Hat's to golf balls and luggage. On the first day your there you go through a briefing in which the security people tell us "DON'T WARE THE STUFF FROM THE GIFT SHOP, IT MAKES YOU A TARGET!"

FYI- I have a light jacket, golf shirt and some workout gear.

(A cold snap hit, I spilt coffee on myself before a meeting, and forgot my gym bag)

I was wearing gun hats and clothing long before a got my CCW permit, no one I know thinks any different of me. Only my close family knows I carry. Keep on wearing all you can and keep on carrying.
    ** NRA Life Member***

Colt Defender .45
    Kel-Tec .380

Ticking away the moments that make up a dull day.

You can support DC without wearing the gear, there's a yellow clickie right above this thread - Forum Donations...

I haven't bought any gear yet and when I do it will be purely to publicize the forum, wearing a t.shirt with the full web address to the range etc. Not to be cool, not to become a target, just to spread the word. If the stickers were cheaper I would buy 50 and leave them on the counter at the gun store.

We all need something to wear with a BBQ gun

I don't wear my coffee cups (just the coffee, occasionally)

I'll probably order 1 or 2 of them, and a hat. 99% of people don't have a clue what the S&W logo on the hat I wear most often is.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by teknoid View Post
    I don't wear my coffee cups (just the coffee, occasionally)

I'll probably order 1 or 2 of them, and a hat. 99% of people don't have a clue what the S&W logo on the hat I wear most often is.
    There's coffee cups!? I want one, I guess I got to look a little more carefully.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I just went and looked again at the store... I missed a lot of neat stuff in there, I dont think the design screams gun at all, unless you know what it is. And if you know what it is, you should have already spotted the gun anyway.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Administrator

That is why the store offers two versions of the logo. One version really does not shout much at all.

The version with only the design logo would pretty much only be recognized by other Defensive Carry members and the one with the DefensiveCarry.com text fully printed out should be reserved for shooting events, gunner BBQs, gun shows, and my little town of MayBerry.

Many members Sport and competition shoot and meet with other shooting folks where the fact that we carry is probably no big secret since everyone else does also.

Did anybody order a DefensiveCarry.com coffee mug that shouts...DRINK ME FIRST! !?!

I can only speak for myself personally but, the majority of people looking and staring at me out in public are attractive and female and they may honestly wish to get me but, not for the purposes of riddling me with bullets.
    They may want to shoot me with Cupid's Arrow but, unfortunately for them...I'm already spoken for.

Administrator
    Do the DC shirts attract the chicks? If they do, my "friend" needs some.
    "Just blame Sixto"

It would be nice if the store carried some type of carry gear, such as vest, range bag, or some other tactical gear. I'm am for sure getting the coffee cup.
    ** NRA Life Member***

Colt Defender .45
    Kel-Tec .380

Ticking away the moments that make up a dull day.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Links