Defensive Carry banner

talking ccw

1K views 11 replies 12 participants last post by  dhbry232 
#1 ·
Today i was in a store and just to protect the person i won't name it.

I was just taking general stuff and we got on the subject of self protection, so i ended up showing him my ccw permit, and said that is how i defend myself. He took his wallet out and said so do i, and showed me his, and real funny he doesnt live that far away from me.

We compared shooting and he has a place in the country and shoots in his backyard like i do.

So he was on the job, and he said yes i'm packing and dont leave home without it. So i told him i was and what i was carrying.

Wow! made a new friend from simple chatting over weapons.

We are not alone!

#2 ·
Great to hear! I wish I had a place out in the country where I could shoot! :smile:

#4 ·
... showing him my ccw permit, and said that is how i defend myself. He took his wallet out and said so do i, and showed me his, and real funny he doesnt live that far away from me.
For obvious reasons: caution on showing the CHL, if it's got your home address on it. Earning the right to know can be safer than divulging to a new acquaintance. Probably not a problem, but something to be aware of.

Nice to find a new shooting friend, though. Hope it works out well.

#5 ·
i envy you guys...i'd love to be able to shoot in my backyard. on the other hand, i'd prolly go broke from ammo expenditures.

#11 ·
I try not to discuss it much outside this forum or other LEO's.

Those that already know, don't bring it up much and I see no need to add to the list of those that know.

The only real exception to that is for those who approach me about wanting to learn more about their personal safety and wanting to know what their options are. Then I'm happy to try and bring new members over to the "armed society."

#12 ·
My wife thinks I'm paranoid. As usual, she is right!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.