Three weeks with a license.....

This is a discussion on Three weeks with a license..... within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; It's been three weeks that I have been licensed to carry a concealed weapon. In this time I have carried while calling Bingo at the ...

Thread: Three weeks with a license.....

Three weeks with a license.....

It's been three weeks that I have been licensed to carry a concealed weapon. In this time I have carried while calling Bingo at the local retirement home, while singing in the church choir, getting a mancure/pedicure (no laughing) and helping my mom at the local food bank. All are places I normally go but never thought about having defensive protection. What are some of the places you have carried that maybe you think would be out of the ordinary?
    Last edited by Tim the Teacher; August 2nd, 2007 at 05:02 PM.

2. Remove Ads

Assistant Administrator
    Not being out a whole lot Tim - can't say I find anywhere particularly out of the ordinary.

Maybe the occasional deal like a wedding could count but that's about all probably, oh and perhaps visiting the count fair. I carry everywhere legal all the time and so it all feels pretty normal
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Truthfully, I haven't given it much thought. I put the sidearm on when I put my pants on in the morning, and take it off when I get undressed for bed in the evening. So where I go, it goes.

The times I can't take it (kid's school event, etc.) are the ones that feel "out of the ordinary" now. I've been carrying for about 1.5 yrs.

Quote Originally Posted by Tim the Teacher View Post
    It's been three weeks that I have been licensed to carry a concealed weapon. In this time I have carried while calling Bingo at the local retirement home, while singing in the church choir, getting a maincure/pedicure (no laughing) and helping my mom at the local food bank. All are places I normally go but never thought about having defensive protection. What are some of the places you have carried that maybe you think would be out of the ordinary?
    hospitals and airports were places that I was originally surprised that I could legally carry when I started....oh and "bars"
    ...now I relaly don't think anyplace is out of the ordinary.

IMO nothing is out of the ordinary anymore. Luby's Cafeteria, Virginia Tech, ect. Those aren't really "dangerous" places or places where you would expect anything 'out of the ordinary'.

Virginia Tech/Blacksburg's murder rate increased 3300% this year. It happened in less than 9 minutes. Carry everywhere you can. Murphy's Law says that its gonna happen where and when you least expect it--at least be prepared.

I haven't been carrying for that long myself, but I am already starting to get that "uncomfortable" feeling if i have to disarm for whatever reason. Its the feeling you get if you are riding in a car without a seatbelt--it just doesn't feel right.

State Police station. I had been rear-ended the week before and was picking up a copy of the accident report.

getting a maincure/pedicure (no laughing)
    I tried but it didn't work.
    America: Your government is not ignoring you, it's insulting you.

The Bill of Rights: Void where prohibited by law.

, getting a maincure/pedicure (no laughing)
    Like my Momma used to say: "Don't believe I'da told that."
    "Friend, I would not harm thee for all the world, but thou art standing where I am about to shoot."--Unknown Quaker

Walking my daughter down the aisle at her wedding. Just so happens that she chose a very nice venue in a not so nice part of town. I had to get too and from the wedding, one way in the dark. The venue even provided security which tells you something. I carried a 2 shot 9mm derringer in a pocket holster. Nobody knew or cared.
    DEMOCRACY IS TWO WOLVES AND A LAMB VOTING ON WHAT TO HAVE FOR LUNCH. LIBERTY IS A WELL ARMED LAMB CONtestING THE VOTE.

Certified Instructor for Minnesota Carry Permit
    NRA Pistol and Personal Protection Insrtuctor
    Utah Permit Certified Instructor

The manicure/pedicure was one of those "or else's" from my wife.

I guess I didn't mean "out of the ordinary" but a place where you thought there was very little danger but carried anyways/always because you can never tell where the bg's pop up.

Okay, I teach a bit also. (See several, or at least two, teachers carry) Anyway, the last time I carried to a place I expected no trouble was a duplicate bridge game. This was not unusual for me though. I often put the gun on in the morning and wear it everywhere I go that day. (Just like that wallet that sometimes has money in it).
    The world is a dangerous place to live... not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it. - Albert Einstein

Links