Packing (dot) org? :MERGED - Page 3

Packing (dot) org? :MERGED

This is a discussion on Packing (dot) org? :MERGED within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I started out with PDO and I have to say they were great. I visited everyday. I had discussions with some really great people. For ...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

PDO refugee

I started out with PDO and I have to say they were great. I visited everyday. I had discussions with some really great people. For some reason it turned into to who could impress other members with how much they knew. Lots of idiotic squabbling over nothing. Some members were always hijacking a tread and real rude while doing it. Then came the rating system which only made most people cry a great deal if everyone didn't love what they had to say.

I never posted that much so the rating system didn't affect me too much. What some people would do is register multiples times under a different user name and then hand out zero's to those they didn't like. All too childish for me. Solomon let it go down hill as the self moderation system continued to destroy the site. I just checked the site and it's still down.

I have two guesses, Solomon has turned off the site to gather a new start at a later date and shake off the trolls or he hasn't paid any attention and doesn't event know its down. In either case, I probably wouldn't go back. Nobody here has slammed me for either not being agreed with or in disagreement. I like that.
    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.
    Ronald Reagan

I love this new site... I think its much easier to navigate than PDO was.
    Praise the Lord....Pass the ammunition

Joe

I think it's time to say a fond farewell to PDO. It was once a great site.

Just say no to PDO

There were some knowledgeable members that let you know how smart they were.
    I sought a new forum after my first post there and found DCC. I won't go anywhere else now.

Funny, I didn't know PDO even had a forum. I found Combat Carry now Defensive Carry and never looked for anything else. I only used PDO for the gun law info. Now that I found http://www.handgunlaw.us/ I don't miss PDO at all.
    CRIME..... LAW DEFINES, POLICE ENFORCE, CITIZENS PREVENT!

FOUR BOXES KEEP US FREE: [1] SOAP [2] BALLOT [3] JURY [4] AMMO!

Given the time frame since it went down (for the upteeenth time), I'd say it's dead. Too bad. Once a good site that through neglect and some very bad decisions and lack of updating, turned in to an on line nursery for children.

If Mark Solomon is so smart, why did he not sell it to someone who would maintain it.

Quote Originally Posted by realtor View Post
    Given the time frame since it went down (for the upteeenth time), I'd say it's dead. Too bad. Once a good site that through neglect and some very bad decisions and lack of updating, turned in to an on line nursery for children.

If Mark Solomon is so smart, why did he not sell it to someone who would maintain it.
    When does the domain name come up for renewal? Maybe Mark plans to revive it in the future.

If he does, he has a lot of work to do to overcome the bad vibes of the past.

Don't really miss it.
    fortiter in re, suaviter in modo (resolutely in action, gently in manner).

I joined Packing back in 2002 and WOW what a great site it was up until they moved to a new website with the 'voting system'. When I joined Packing, MN had just began their 'Shall Issue' so the website was a huge, huge help to me.

Packing.org was great when I was going through the process of getting my ccw. I'm sorry to see them go. The were a great help.

I liekd the site when I first found it... had some good info on south carolina and stuff, but then got stupid...

Yea, I remember being confused on that site the first few times I went there for info. This is when I first got into CCW. That's one of the reasons I'm trying to built my site to be easy to get information from especially for newcomers since I know how it is.
    USA Carry - Concealed Carry Information, Reciprocity Maps, News & Articles, Forums, Directory and more!

Hey - finally found you guys....

I was a long-time packing.org member......hated the transition to the new system over there (Mark - what were you thinking?)....anyway, glad to be back among gun-toting friends. My modest donation has already been sent up to the webmaster.....

Stay safe, pack 24/7 (heck, I do!)

Terry P

Tampa Bay, Florida

I think they will move your 'greeting' to the proper thread...but Welcome...

from Central Florida!

ret
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

There was a certain dysfunction on the website. Now there's a permanent malfunction. I don't miss it.

i do. i cant find another webpage that has state laws laid out as clearly as they did

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links