License list

This is a discussion on License list within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; to all who sent emails to the paper... thank you very much. i have a friend who is a correctional officer and if his name's ...

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: License list

license list

to all who sent emails to the paper... thank you very much. i have a friend who is a correctional officer and if his name's on that list he's gonna be a little upset. he currently is working with violent felons and i don't think he wants his address available to just anybody. the newspaper has an office right across the street from where i work. i'm going over there tomorrow(i WILL be polite) and ask them if i can speak directly to the reporters and the editor to find out why they did this. i'll keep you posted. craig

2. Remove Ads

Senior Member Array GoodSamaritan's Avatar
    I will be firing off an email as soon as I get done here.

Why don't some of you FL guys whose name is on the list or has a friend who is on it, talk to some lawyers about a class action type suit. (sorry legaleze isn't my strong point) At any rate, I was thinking about contacting everyone on that list who has a listed number via telephone and invite them to take part in it. The list in PDF format is 54 pages long, but if several of us got together and divided it up, we could make short work of it.
    I would be willing to volunteer some time, as I have unlimited nights and weekend minutes on my cell phone so it wouldnt even cost me anything.
    If somone could get the NRA involved, this could work.

BTW I have a copy of the list saved in case they pull it off their website.

Thoughts?

In Missouri, thankfully, it is against the law to publish ccw holders info. To think they also published addresses , etc. is plain stupid and incompetant on the newspapers part. I'm stunned they would do such a thing. Email sent as I finish this post.
    "If you're going to shoot then shoot-don't talk" Eli Wallach-"The Good,The Bad, and the Ugly"

Quote Originally Posted by Bumper
    That almost gives me an idea for another website. Publish the names and addresses, phone numbers, email addresses, pictures, etc of anyone that does this sort of thing. And we could invite the criminals to come and get the information. "They are ripe and they are unarmed" could be the mantra. Come and get them....
    What a great idea Bumper...sorry I can't help ya much there cause my computer skills don't include websites.

Craig45...definitly keep everyone informed after you talk to these bozos!

Kimber Ultra CDP Elite STS II

A gun is a tool...the real weapon is between your ears!

Distinguished Member Array RSSZ's Avatar
    Gentlemen, I just sent off my letter to the paper. JC, this really steams me. We have so many child molesters and other scumbuckets living amongst us here in NW Fla. but yet the paper concentrates on the "good guys". I hope that the AJ of Fla. gets involved if the paper has broken any laws.------ PS Will pass the word to all my CCW friends here in NW FLA through the clubs and the shooting ranges that I belong to.

Thats sucks what a bunch of runiing the papar i agree with the post there names and addy's

Just an update to my earlier post, I got a reply from the editor in regards to the letter I sent them. I have also replied to this one.
    I'll keep y'all posted.

Thanks for the feedback.
    We decided to publish the list of holders of concealed weapon permits
    because we believe this information holds high public interest, given
    the
    recent law that was passed that allows citizens to use reasonable force
    it
    they believe they are being threatened. We don't have an ax to grind
    here;
    I am a gun owner myself. We do think the public has a right to know
    this
    information.
    I am interested in why you believe we should not have published it.
    Thanks,
    Pat Rice
    Editor

Good Samaritan posted:
    Why don't some of you FL guys whose name is on the list or has a friend who is on it, talk to some lawyers about a class action type suit. (sorry legaleze isn't my strong point) At any rate, I was thinking about contacting everyone on that list who has a listed number via telephone and invite them to take part in it. The list in PDF format is 54 pages long, but if several of us got together and divided it up, we could make short work of it.
    I don't think anyone can sue them, because apparently what they did was legal. The focus, as LenS pointed out, should be on changing the law in order to protect this info.
    However, calling each and every one of those folks may cause them to call their legislators and complain, etc.
    I have free nights and weekends too, I'm willing.
    Sarhog
    NRA Life Member
    Northwest Florida Defensive Pistol Shooters Member
    Sarhog's gallery

Senior Member Array CombatEffective's Avatar
    Two things:

They published enough info to give an ID thief a good head start.

They also just published a nice scavenger hunt map for any would be gun thieves.
    Shooters' Legacy

Special sections for S&W and Ruger

Quote Originally Posted by craig45
    our local paper(nwfdailynews.com) made a list of chl holders available today. i wish they'd publish a list of convicted felons (sex offenders especially) in our area. oops, they can't do that. might violate the felon's rights or make them lose self esteem. the double standards in use today really tick me off.
    Why not publish a list of women who've had abortions? To me, the fact that I have a CCW is just as personal. And, that's really the issue here. The wonton disregard of personal information.
    "The urge to save humanity is almost always a false front for the urge to
    rule." - H.L. Mencken

Quote:
    Thanks for the feedback.
    We decided to publish the list of holders of concealed weapon permits
    because we believe this information holds high public interest, given
    the recent law that was passed that allows citizens to use reasonable force
    it they believe they are being threatened. We don't have an ax to grind
    here;
    I am a gun owner myself. We do think the public has a right to know
    this information. I am interested in why you believe we should not have published it.
    Thanks,
    Pat Rice
    Editor

This POS claims to be a gun owner, yet I don't see him plastering his home stats all over the paper! If he really wants to know why he should not have published the list, all he has to do is read his inbox and the replies left on their website! He's an idiot!

Kimber Ultra CDP Elite STS II

A gun is a tool...the real weapon is between your ears!

license list

at least you got a reply. i've called the editor, publisher, and both reporters. no answer yet.

Craig45, If you will--please post their phone numbers so I can tell them my feelings on this FUBAR. Thanks

Someone needs to reply to him to find out why the public needs to know this information? The new laws doesn't pass mustard with me as a good reason. Ask him if he will pay restitution to the families of those that get targeted by his listing of their names and adddress. What a *****.

Included my home phone # in the above email. Got a call from Pat Rice(?) or Wright while I was out for a few minutes. He stated that he would respond to my email with a email. Will post what he says. He stated that his phone # was (850)863-1111 ext.400. He stated that he was the editor of the NW Fla.Daily News. Any further info will post. I will have phoncon with him and explain(respectfully) the reason for my displeasure. Would suggest that we all call him and be very respectful so he wont be able to cast us all as "GUN NUTS"-----
    Last edited by RSSZ; May 23rd, 2005 at 01:42 PM.

license list

Quote Originally Posted by craig45
    at least you got a reply. i've called the editor, publisher, and both reporters. no answer yet.
    I e-mailed them less than an hour after you made this post. I'm assuming my letter was one of the first he received, so he replied.
    Over the course of the last 24 hours he has probably been swamped with "high public interest" from this forum and has ...given up the fight so to speak.
    He has not replied to the last letter that I sent.
    Sarhog
    NRA Life Member
    Northwest Florida Defensive Pistol Shooters Member
    Sarhog's gallery

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Links