License list

This is a discussion on License list within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Don't know what (if any) the response will be, but I sent an email to Tony Snow, with the relevant points...........

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: License list

Don't know what (if any) the response will be, but I sent an email to Tony Snow, with the relevant points........

2. Remove Ads

Exclamation

Might I succinctly suggest this....

Quit worrying the paper and the editor. You are not going to do anything but feed thier egos at having stirred the pot.

Craig45 got this response:
    "he (pat rice) said he realized that most ccw'ers are very private individuals and resent gov. intrusion of any kind."

Read between the lines.. He thinks we are all nutjobs that are serpatist/militiaist/overthrow the gov type people. Anybody that would feel they have to have a gun to protect themselves is in need of counseling. That is the governments job to take care of us cradle to grave.

I also got this from a person that knows the family. They recently (?? months/years) moved back into the area from California (wife is local, Pat is ??). The mother is an amputee and the local church she goes to has asked people to cook an extra portion to take to her because the family is usually to busy to cook. This is third party and unverified so take it for what it is worth at this point...

If you want to drive the point home attack the ad base of the paper with a letter writing campaign to the advertisers. Dry up the operating capital and you dry up the paper. Use thier own poll agaisnt them that shows 89+% of the people could care less about the issue. (Hmmm where was the cry for the people to know) Use this to show bias and sensationalism in his papers policies and willful endangerment of law abiding citizens.

Further this by not letting our Reps/Senators/Govenor/Local gov officials rest until the issue is moot for the future. They should be afraid topick up the phone thinking it is another INTELLIGENT/THOUGHTFUL/CONCERNED law abiding citizen raising this issue again.

Thanks for letting me rant , Steven

Distinguished Member Array RSSZ's Avatar
    Maybe we could request that the paper print a list of the names,addresses,and birthdates of "all"(right!) the people that requested that his paper print the list of CCW'ers.

license list

pat rice did post his name, address, and phone number in todays paper. the reporter's addresses, etc. are not there. he said he "should've more fully anticipated how upset some people would be". also, "i don't give a rip about the opinions of the out of area non readers who called or e-mailed to tell me what a worthless excuse for a journalist i am". to those who suggested we violated their privacy, i disagree. "i think it's public information for a valid reason. i think it's public information so that the majority of people who DON'T walk around at malls and other public places with loaded lethal weapons can find out who among them may be carryng loaded weapons. i strongly support the right of concealed weapon permit holders to carry firearms. i also strongly support the right of everyone else to know". what an a@@hole. the clinton/kerry school of journalism. let's take both sides.

Assistant Administrator
    let's take both sides.
    Yep - cop-out. Pity perhaps he (predictably) got some probably abusive emails - I don't condone that however strong folk's feelings cos it does not achieve much and just sours relations further.
    I think it's public information so that the majority of people who DON'T walk around at malls and other public places with loaded lethal weapons can find out who among them may be carrying loaded weapons.
    Now that is a total crock - like a non-carry in a mall is gonna be asking for other's I/D to check if they are carrying!! Plus as we all try to get across - the whole deal is about covert, for good reason. Seems that does not get thru. Like we WANT the BG's in the crowds to know or possibly have the opportunity to know who to target etc.
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

license list

P95Carry.. i know what you mean. this is not that big of a town and people i see everyday have asked me if i'm one of the guys on the list. my place of work is very pro-gun. i tell them no,it's not me and they're fine with that. also, i wonder how many people in this area know me by name? not many is my guess. most of our customers have been talking about how stupid the list was and how the ccw'ers don't worry them, but the bad guys do. so i just tell them to call the paper and let them know. i'm gonna ask the editor( if he shows up like he said he would) just exactly who it was that showed such interest in knowing who was carrying. i'm pretty sure it was him/his staff and practically nobody else. i'll let everyone know if and when i meet him.

Quote Originally Posted by craig45
    our local paper(nwfdailynews.com) made a list of chl holders available today. i wish they'd publish a list of convicted felons (sex offenders especially) in our area. oops, they can't do that. might violate the felon's rights or make them lose self esteem. the double standards in use today really tick me off.

I emailed a letter and expressed my opinion on this subject. My boss and my name both was on the list. I ended my subscription with them. I'm glad to see some of local guys on here as well.

Shawn

I have officially been UN-concelled....

Freelance Star out of Fredericksburg VA, published my name this weekend. Caused an embarrassing situation for my wife at work...

I am officially PO'd!!!!
    "Sic Semper Tyrannis"

This is the e-mail that I sent. Better late than never:

To all concerned,

I was recently advised that my name, address, phone number and birth date was published in your newspaper a few months ago as a Concealed Weapons holder. I would like to take the time to explain the dangers of what you have done. I can only speak for myself. Several years ago, my (adopted) daughter was molested by one of her biological family members (a violent felon with multiple convictions). Her biological father is also a violent felon with multiple convictions, and her biological mother suffers from severe mental instability. This, among other things, led to her being taken away and placed in foster care. Several months after we adopted her, she told my wife and I about the molestation. We immediately contacted the proper authorities. Because of this, that family member is now serving an 8 year prison sentence. The District Attorney, as well as ourselves did everything we could to keep this violent felon from finding out where we lived and is one of the reasons why I have a concealed weapons permit today. For several years, this has not been a problem. For some reason or another, you have now given every one of my daughters biological family members my address. From what I have read, this is considered "news worthy" to you. I have never seen a list of convicted sex offenders in your newspaper. I have never seen a list of people who are on welfare either. This is also public records, but you don t feel that this is "news worthy"? Further more, I do not see you and your reporters home address and phone numbers on the pages of your newspaper. Why is it OK to endanger our lives and not yours? Please do not give me the excuse that because the "bad guys" know we are armed, they will leave us alone now. Several unstable and dangerous people who feel we have wronged them because we have "their" Daughter now know where I live.

In the interest of keeping my Daughter safe, I am not posting my full name, you have done enough damage already.

we got lucky. gov. bush signed a bill to make that illegal here.

what's the paper's web addy?

i'll send them an email(polite) to let them know i'm mad too.

after our paper did that, they were swamped with mails.

it did get the editors attention.

Thank GOD Jeb Bush just signed into LAW a bill that prohibits the personal info (including names) of CCW holders from being made public in any way.

Last year The New Times of Miami made public a list of names and included the name of the Chief of Police for city of Miami (antigun btw). I caught this and sent the violation of existing law off to the FL Dept of Law Enforcement. See at THAT time it was against the law to release any info about law enforcement or former law (yours truly) enforcement officers or their spouses to the public at large (press especially). The fact that he carries a gun is a no brainer. He's a cop. BUT HE ALSO HAS A CCW! Publishing HIS INFO as a LEO is now a crime. The FDLE had a "chat" with the hippies over at New Times. Now, I feel safer and covered all the way around. I still have to present a copy of the old law to any school where I teach so they don't give my info out to anybody by accident.
    Former Army Infantry Captain; 25 yrs as an NRA Certified Instructor; Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.

Quote Originally Posted by QKShooter

Look Up Their Names and addresses. Everybody on the newspaper staff. Their own names and home addresses are also "In The Public Domain"
    Take out an ad and publish their names and addresses in their own paper.
    Title It:
    ATTENTION CRIMINALS AND THIEVES:
    Here are the names and addresses of the people that
    work for a newspaper that is decidedly Anti~gun and Anti~Personal Protection. My best guess is that they have absolutely no way to protect
    themselves or their homes and possessions.
    Here is where they Live:

Joe Schmoe
    123 Anywhere Lane
    Anytown, AnyState 12345
    usa

Then...if the newspaper refuses to print your ad. Sue them.

Borrowing on the theme that QKShooter stated in his post, this is the letter I sent to the newspaper's editor:

Morning,

I am a retired newspaper publisher and former Law Enforcement Officer who resides in Texas.

After reading on several internet forums that your newspaper has published a list of all concealed carry permit holders in your area that is complete with the home address of each, I would like to know what the rate is for a full page advertisement in your paper.

The ad will include the name and home address of every employee of your newspaper and will be worded something like this:

ATTENTION CRIMINALS AND THIEVES:
    Here are the names and addresses of the people
    that work for a newspaper that is decidedly 'anti-gun'
    and 'anti-personal protection'.

My best guess is that they have absolutely no way to
    protect hemselves or their homes and possessions.

Here is where they Live:

Joe Schmoe
    123 Anywhere Lane
    Anytown, AnyState 12345
    usa

I will have no problem obtaining funding from mad CCW and CHL holders from all over the nation, so I would appreciate you sending me the ad rate information as soon as possible.

Also, as a matter of public record, could you please include a list of all your newspaper employees and their home addresses ?

Thank you,
    Dave Thompson

And it is very authentic, my wife and myself owned a county newspaper for 25 years before selling it and retiring a year and a half ago.

Be interesting to see if I get a reply. Probably not !

Quote Originally Posted by RjVA
    Freelance Star out of Fredericksburg VA, published my name this weekend. Caused an embarrassing situation for my wife at work...

I am officially PO'd!!!!
    Today as in 7/18/06? Did they put in a whole list or something? Any links ?

-packinnova

It is not on their www.fredericksburg.com news site. I've searched. I was in last weekends newspaper. Not sure, Saturday or Sunday. Unfortunatly, we had some steamed crabs this weekend and the "trash" of a paper went to better use. My wife is going to see if she can find out specifics. Packinnova, did you keep this weekends paper? FYI, I"ve sent an email to VCDL asking them to concider adding "The Freelance Rag" to their non friendly buisness list.
    "Sic Semper Tyrannis"

Quote Originally Posted by RjVA
    It is not on their www.fredericksburg.com news site. I've searched. I was in last weekends newspaper. Not sure, Saturday or Sunday. Unfortunatly, we had some steamed crabs this weekend and the "trash" of a paper went to better use. My wife is going to see if she can find out specifics. Packinnova, did you keep this weekends paper? FYI, I"ve sent an email to VCDL asking them to concider adding "The Freelance Rag" to their non friendly buisness list.
    No unfortunately I didn't even get it (I'm in Bluemont/Clarke), but it's still of relative interest to me as a Virginian. Did they print it stating who was CCW etc... or what? It will be interesting to see what Philip/Mike et all find.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Links