Priceless!

This is a discussion on Priceless! within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; My family was in Pine Bluff Arkansas tonight and stopped in Burger King to eat and there was a moment I will not forget soon. ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Priceless!

Senior Member Array preachertim's Avatar

Priceless!

My family was in Pine Bluff Arkansas tonight and stopped in Burger King to eat and there was a moment I will not forget soon. We ordered our food and went through that pain staking process of ordering and when I got ready to pay the guy I pulled a bank envelope out of back pocket and when I did Some 9mm ammo I had in my pocket went rolling across the counter onto the other side and hit the floor. I was pretty embarrased and had revealed my ignorance. I had earlier in the day went and bought some factory ammo because i had been carrying reloads until I had time to purchase some more. I don t carry my reloads for legal reasons I have read about.
    Anyway When I unloaded my magazine I forgot and put the ammo in my pocket. I should probably stand in the corner or something. Made me realize You want comfort just not to the point you make mistakes and show your hand to the rest of the world. Any of you guys care to share some of your blunders. Maybe you could even pass down some consequences. For example Maybe go to the range shooi 500 rounds do not pass go do not pick up your favorite gun for 1 month. maybe i should have to carry a hi point fire arm for a month.

2. Remove Ads

Lead Moderator
    I have countless times run .22 Lr ammo thru the washer and dryer. Of course this is a time honored tradition by now. Mom used to find it , when I was younger and lived at home.
    No big deal, just learn from your mistakes.

I once dropped my HK USP on the driveway pavement . Not sure if the neighbors saw anything, but no one commented. Its a sick feeling dropping a gun like that.
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

Distinguished Member Array Ghettokracker71's Avatar
    HAHA I love that. "Maybe I should have to carry a hi point for amonth" . Thats some hardcore punishment. I'd stick to throwing rocks before pulling a HI-point.

So did anybody react to bullets rolling around on a floor

"To blame a gun for a mans decision is to foolishly attribute free will to an inanimate object"- Colion Noir.

A day after a range visit with my M1A, I was at a post office buying stamps and when I pulled some change out of my pocket, a .308 spent case came out with it. The lady behind the counter did a double-take on the case, while I stammered and grabbed the case, and put it back in my pocket. She just gave me a look, took the change, gave me a receipt and I high-tailed it out of there!
    Discretion is the better part of valour; and a virtue beyond reproach.
    Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Quote Originally Posted by Ghettokracker71 View Post
    HAHA I love that. "Maybe I should have to carry a hi point for amonth" . Thats some hardcore punishment. I'd stick to throwing rocks before pulling a HI-point.

Hi points are cheap guns, no doubt...but i'd MUCH rathe rbe armed with a Hi-Point than unarmed. Say whatever you will, but i've put a few hundred rounds of 40 through a friend's hi-point, and it's gone bang every time.

Distinguished Member Array BIG E's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghettokracker71 View Post

Actually the Hi-Points have a very good reputation for being good shooters. Now I'm not saying that I want to carry one. At 32oz unloaded and only 9 rounds I would pass for CCW. However, at 169 bucks you could buy a few and hide them around the house.

http://www.shootingtimes.com/handgun...ipoint_100605/

My blunder happened when I dropped my 642 in a mattress store. It landed square between the salesman and I. I just picked it up and said "whoops that's not supposed to happen". I was pocket carrying in a pair of dress pants with no holster.

Lesson learned.
    Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft!

-- Theodore Roosevelt --

out in the desert, if someone left their weapon unattended, our first sergeant would put them through the ringer of course, and then for at least a week afterwards they had to wear a 50 pound chain rambo style everywhere they went. unless of course it was out on a mission or something. But shortly thereafter everyone decided it was an unsafe practice because it interfered with weapon use, so we came up with an alternative. Carrying a .50 cal up and down the hill to one of our OP's for an hour or two. Or a 240 Gulf for the females. Good training, never saw anyone doing it twice.
    "Wear a gun to someone else's house, you're saying, 'I'll defend this home as if it were my own.' When your guests see you carry a weapon, you're telling them, 'I'll defend you as if you were my own family"

Quote Originally Posted by rocky View Post
    I have countless times run .22 Lr ammo thru the washer and dryer. Of course this is a time honored tradition by now. Mom used to find it , when I was younger and lived at home.
    No big deal, just learn from your mistakes.

I once dropped my HK USP on the driveway pavement . Not sure if the neighbors saw anything, but no one commented. Its a sick feeling dropping a gun like that.
    Ouch! that would give me a sick feeling too!

VIP Member
    preachertim, we all had an event or two like that. I gues about a year and a half ago some of us at our club decided to take the NRA Range safety officer class and we held it at the hotel where I work. I am guessing one of the guys accidentally dropped about 30 rounds of winchester white box 9mm in our parking lot, some hotel worker saw it and called Security. I was still at the hotel and since I am the "gun expert" the officer that took the call called me over and asked me for advice re: should the police be called and a report made. He was actually scared like the ammo was about to jump and explode. I just collected the ammo & went home.
    Another time, some unidentified jokers in my club decided to use the bed of my truck as garbage can and dumped all their commercial ammo boxes and some spent brass in it. I did not know it until I hit I-75 and I saw stuff flying off the rear. The brass stayed put but there were empty winchester & wolf boxes all over the darn highway.
    You have to make the shot when fire is smoking, people are screaming, dogs are barking, kids are crying and sirens are coming.
    Randy Cain.

Ego will kill you. Leave it at home.
    Signed: Me!

Did I mention about the time in church my wife asked me to get her a cleenex out of my pocket? With the cleenex came out an empty pistol case. It rolled down the isle making lots of noise. E F Hutton would have listened.

Quote Originally Posted by rocky View Post
    Ugh. Just this week, I dropped my 6-week-old Glock 17 from waist height (maybe about 3'). I was carrying ghetto style in the back of my waist because I was just going out to get the mail, and then it started sliding down and out. My hands were full of mail and I couldn't catch it in time.

One side of the slide has some minor scuffs, and the grip got a little dinged up too. I took it to the range the day after it fell, and it fired 100 rounds just fine. I mean, they drop Glocks out of helicopters and run them over with trucks, so I'm not too worried.

EW3
    Quote Originally Posted by mjacob View Post
    Ugh. Just this week, I dropped my 6-week-old Glock 17 from waist height (maybe about 3'). I was carrying ghetto style in the back of my waist because I was just going out to get the mail, and then it started sliding down and out. My hands were full of mail and I couldn't catch it in time.

One side of the slide has some minor scuffs, and the grip got a little dinged up too. I took it to the range the day after it fell, and it fired 100 rounds just fine. I mean, they drop Glocks out of helicopters and run them over with trucks, so I'm not too worried.
    I'd use the "let a falling knife fall" rule with that Glock. Better it fall and get dinged up than you catch the trigger on the way down and BOOM
    "Naked and Starving as They are We Cannot Enough Admire the Incomparable Patience and Fidelity of the Soldiery" George Washington, Valley Forge, 1777.

Assistant Administrator
    Fear not Tim ... following my IDPA a week ago - I reached ionto pocket for change in a store only to produce with the coins a nice shiny 9mm JHP round ... which I quickly returned to pocket.

I then promptly forgot to put it somewhere else and once more elsewhere produced it along with coins ... it did tho not stay in sight very long so at least no ''rolling across counter''

As someone else said - .22 rounds turn up in all sortsa places tho
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

A couple of days ago my wife came upstairs, walked over to where I was sitting, and presented a fresh from the washing maching, spanking clean Winchester .45 round to me ...

The problem here is determining whose responsibility is it to check the pockets before the clothing item makes its way to the laundry...

Or another way to look at this is by asking the question, "If a man is alone in the woods, and there are no women around, is he still wrong?"

My bad!
    "Our Constitution was made only for a religious and moral people. It is wholly inadequate for the government of any other." --- John Adams
    (1735-1826) Founding Father, 2nd US President
    Source: Oct. 11, 1798; Address to the military

I had put two .40S&W rounds in my shirt pocket of my cover garment and forgot about them. Later that week I was wearing the same garment, but not carrying. I had to go with a friend to the Federal Building in Boston. Out came the rounds when emptying my pockets to go through the metal detector. I had to wait outside while my friend took care of his business.
    'The assailant chooses the time, location and method of attack.

Since they are unlikely to let you know ahead of time when, where and how violent they're going to be, you should always be prepared.' - matiki

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Links