PNC Park in Pittsburgh, PA

This is a discussion on PNC Park in Pittsburgh, PA within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Ok I have a quick question for any of you in the 'Burgh. On July 4th, my father who is a season ticket holder, is ...

Thread: PNC Park in Pittsburgh, PA

PNC Park in Pittsburgh, PA

Ok I have a quick question for any of you in the 'Burgh. On July 4th, my father who is a season ticket holder, is taking my wife and I to the game and we will be there to watch the fireworks after the game. So the question is does PNC Park "security" frisk you as you come in like they do at Heinz Field for Steeler games? I know posted signs have no bearing in law in PA and I would like to carry while there. I am a PA and NH permit holder along with my home state of VA. Any help will be greatly apprciated.

2. Remove Ads

Administrator

Pnc Park

It's Covered Under Safety Regulations
    SAFETY REGULATIONS
    For the comfort and security of all our Guests, we do not allow fans to enter PNC Park with hazardous or disruptive items. Samples of these items that are not permitted in the ballpark include boom boxes, inflatable balls, balloons, Frisbees, laser pointers, fireworks, footballs and weapons of any kind. The Pirates reserve the right to inspect packages or problematic containers.

Here is the link to the PNC Park Regulations Page.
    PNC PARK Information Guide Page

I understand that, though signs have no weight of law in PA. It is like in TX if you don't have the 30.06 sign then it means nothing. That said I want to know if I am going to be patted down as I enter? Does everybody get frisked or is this a rule with no enforcement?

Administrator

I don't Know

Somebody else will jump in and answer you soon probably.
    Their "Safety Regulation" is the exact reason why I refuse to ever go there.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

I was there about three years ago for a game. When I went in they were "frisking" people. They had minimum wage people feeling around your waistline for anything suspicious. The whole process took about 5 seconds. They were not setup to take action if they found something.

I was wearing a shoulder rig at the time. I kept my elbows tucked against my ribs and went about my business. If you are going to carry I would suggestion not wearing any type of belt holster.

In the three years since I have been there I am not sure if they still do the "frisking" now or not.

Hope this helps!

--Corey

Quote Originally Posted by cmu7999321
    I was there about three years ago for a game. When I went in they were "frisking" people. They had minimum wage people feeling around your waistline for anything suspicious. The whole process took about 5 seconds. They were not setup to take action if they found something.

I was wearing a shoulder rig at the time. I kept my elbows tucked against my ribs and went about my business. If you are going to carry I would suggestion not wearing any type of belt holster.

In the three years since I have been there I am not sure if they still do the "frisking" now or not.

Hope this helps!

--Corey
    Thanks for the info Corey.
    --------------------------
    Rantings of a Right Wing Nutjob
    NRA Member
    GOA Member
    VCDL Member
    USCCA Member

H&K USPc 9mm
    Para P-14 .45
    Para Warthog .45
    Bulgarian Makarov 9x18Mak
    Springfield Armory XD-9 Subcompact
    Walther P-22 3.4"
    Ruger 10/22 .22
    Smith and Wesson 642 .38 +P

Not sure if you're still looking for information or not - I've been to 3 games in the last few months and haven't been searched at all. My wife had her purse 'searched' but they only search bags, not people. The first time I went I did a circuit around all the different gates looking for searches being done and didn't see any and I've carried there (IWB) ever since. Now, that's only for baseball games. I don't know if they would have different procedures for other events (like the Jimmy Buffett concert tonight).

That is exactly what I was looking for. I am going there on the fourth for a ballgame and was wondering if I would be searched. Thanks for the info.
    --------------------------
    Rantings of a Right Wing Nutjob
    NRA Member
    GOA Member
    VCDL Member
    USCCA Member

H&K USPc 9mm
    Para P-14 .45
    Para Warthog .45
    Bulgarian Makarov 9x18Mak
    Springfield Armory XD-9 Subcompact
    Walther P-22 3.4"
    Ruger 10/22 .22
    Smith and Wesson 642 .38 +P

Just bear in mind the down-side: if the stuff hits the fan in the arena, and if they have LG or shotty armed PD "in the wings", if you aren't glowing gold and screaming "Police Officer", you've got good odds of getting shot. I have no idea what PA is like, but I have worked events where LE had a Visible Presence, and the Reach Out And Touch Someone crew in the rafters/pressbox. If no one is supposed to be armed.... As far as going to and from your vehicle, though, I'm with you 100%. Take care!

Links