Regal Cinema is antigun

This is a discussion on Regal Cinema is antigun within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Searched but didn't find anything. Noticed that the Regal Cinema in Henrietta, NY (near Rochester) has an 8 1/2"x11" sheet of paper with written rules. ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Regal Cinema is antigun

Regal Cinema is antigun

Searched but didn't find anything.

Noticed that the Regal Cinema in Henrietta, NY (near Rochester) has an 8 1/2"x11" sheet of paper with written rules. In the center of it is a revolver with a circle and slash and some bold wording that was something like "no firearms or concealed weapons permitted in or on the premises."

No more business from me unless it comes down. I'd send them an email but apparently it's not the 21st century because they only give phone numbers on their corporate site.

edit: the sign was posted next to the entrance door.

2. Remove Ads

Would be interested in what the exact wording is.

I grew up in Rochester - actually in Victor, NY - about 20 miles outside the city. There are definitely parts of Rochester and Henrietta that I felt uncomfortable being in the last time I was there a few months ago. Seems like the area around Rochester General Hospital has just gone to heck in a handbasket. I shopped at the mall right down the street from the hospital and was shocked at how barren it was - and by the number of shady people hanging out around it.
    I wonder if all Regal Cinemas across the country are "no gun" zones or if it is just the one there?

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremiah View Post
    Would be interested in what the exact wording is.
    Like I said, I can't remember exactly... but I did scrutinize it to make sure that it banned legal concealed carry permit holders, which it did.

I am 100% sure it ended in "in or on the premesis" so I guess you can't lock it in your car.

I'm pretty sure I did get the wording right in my first post.

I never noticed that, I live in Greece and go to Henrietta now and then. I don't know if you remember what happened at Tinsletown in gate a few years ago (some stabbing) but now that I have a permit I will be carrying at theatres rules or not. If it is a major issue then blockbuster is only 5 minutes away

Quote Originally Posted by lopadrino79 View Post
    I never noticed that, I live in Greece and go to Henrietta now and then. I don't know if you remember what happened at Tinsletown in gate a few years ago (some stabbing) but now that I have a permit I will be carrying at theatres rules or not. If it is a major issue then blockbuster is only 5 minutes away
    Yeah, I bet a sign at the door would have stopped that stabbing from happening. Some teenage girl cut another with a box cutter if I remember right.

There sure are a lot more Rochester area members on this forum now. Greece here as well

I haven't ever noticed a sign here in Lancaster, PA. I will have to check next time I am by there. Maybe it is I just don't care what there rules are...

South of Ol' Tascosa, two miles from water, twenty miles from Hell
    Their signs don't mean squat to me, unless it complies with the State Law reguarding no CHL guns in Texas.

Jungle Work
    Graduate: University of South Vietnam-
    School of Jungle Warfare

CURRAHEE My Brothers In Blood

according to a local forum, they are supposedly posted at regal here in GA also. i can't verify though, since i never go to the movies.
    War is not the ugliest of things. Worse is the decayed state of moral feeling which thinks nothing is worth a war. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which he cares for more than his personal safety, is a miserable creature who has no chance of being free. -J.S. Mill

Same sign at the one in Baton Rouge I saw the sign on the way out so I stopped and looked. Haven't been back since.

Where I live there is a locally owned theater I go to. Even has Imax. I try not to go to the other ones. I hate going to the movies anyway. I'm downloading Bourne Ultimatum right now, if I like it enough I may go see it on the big screen.

from georgiapacking.org

War is not the ugliest of things. Worse is the decayed state of moral feeling which thinks nothing is worth a war. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which he cares for more than his personal safety, is a miserable creature who has no chance of being free. -J.S. Mill

The Edwards cinema here in Houston (which is part of the Regal group) has a sign on every door I believe.

Do they have the same sign? Would that be valid in TX? I wish La had requirements for the signs to meet.

Quote Originally Posted by myusername View Post
    Do they have the same sign? Would that be valid in TX? I wish La had requirements for the signs to meet.
    To be honest, i am not sure if they had the 30.06 sign. All I saw was an outline of a revolver with the forbidden red crossed circle on every window where you paid for your tickets.

From what I know from my CHL course, it doesn't have the 30.06 so technically it is okay. But, I am going to have to investigate further into it before I get in trouble.

sucks for regal, they won't force me to be be a victim
    do what you can with what you have where you are at (theodore roosevelt)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links