Wish me luck!!!

This is a discussion on Wish me luck!!! within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Well, I've taken my pistol class, filled out my application, gotten it notarized and have 3 copies... tomorrow morning I'll be going to the county ...

Results 1 to 12 of 12

Thread: Wish me luck!!!

  1. #1
    Member Array vashooter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Warrenton, VA
    Posts
    204

    Wish me luck!!!

    Well, I've taken my pistol class, filled out my application, gotten it notarized and have 3 copies... tomorrow morning I'll be going to the county sherriff's office to get fingerprinted and then off to the county clerk office to file my application for concealed carry permit.
    Keeping my fingers crossed - shouldn't be a problem; clean record, have everything in order... heck, I've just passed my DoD Secret clearance so this should be no sweat.

  2. Remove Ads

  3. #2
    Administrator
    Array SIXTO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    19,672
    Quote Originally Posted by vashooter View Post
    I've just passed my DoD Secret clearance so this should be no sweat.
    This might cause you problems... or just a slight delay anyway.

    I wouldnt worry about though, and goood luck.
    "Just blame Sixto"

  4. #3
    Member Array vashooter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Warrenton, VA
    Posts
    204
    Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    This might cause you problems... or just a slight delay anyway.

    I wouldnt worry about though, and goood luck.
    Why would passing my DoD clearance investigation cause me any problems or delay my carry permit????

  5. #4
    VIP Member
    Array Miggy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Miami-Dade, FL
    Posts
    6,258
    I will assume that your records will have some sort of flag.
    You have to make the shot when fire is smoking, people are screaming, dogs are barking, kids are crying and sirens are coming.
    Randy Cain.

    Ego will kill you. Leave it at home.
    Signed: Me!

  6. #5
    Administrator
    Array SIXTO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    19,672
    Quote Originally Posted by vashooter View Post
    Why would passing my DoD clearance investigation cause me any problems or delay my carry permit????


    It depends on the system they use to do your back round check.
    If they use the "big" system, your name is will be flagged, but it should only take a minute to see that it is flagged for a good reason and not a bad reason.
    It kind of works like your credit report... to many inquiries on your name looks a little funny.
    Again, I wouldnt worry about it, just a piece of trivial knowledge I had to pass on.
    "Just blame Sixto"

  7. #6
    Member Array vashooter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Warrenton, VA
    Posts
    204
    Quote Originally Posted by Miggy View Post
    I will assume that your records will have some sort of flag.
    Not that the police or courts would be able to see... Department of Defense clearance records are classified - you can only access the DoD clearance site where clearance levels and investigation outcomes are listed if you have a clearance yourself and have been granted a special access account onto that database system.
    Besides... even if they could access DoD records, all they'd see is that I passed my background investigation with flying colors. If anything that would be in my favor.

  8. #7
    Administrator
    Array SIXTO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    19,672
    Quote Originally Posted by vashooter View Post
    Not that the police or courts would be able to see... Department of Defense clearance records are classified - you can only access the DoD clearance site where clearance levels and investigation outcomes are listed if you have a clearance yourself and have been granted a special access account onto that database system.
    Besides... even if they could access DoD records, all they'd see is that I passed my background investigation with flying colors. If anything that would be in my favor.
    Is that what they told you?
    "Just blame Sixto"

  9. #8
    Member Array vashooter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Warrenton, VA
    Posts
    204
    Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    Is that what they told you?
    No- that's the facts. I'm actually a DoD Facility Security Officer and I know 100% that you can't get into JPAS (the Defense Security Service website that holds clearance info) without a JPAS account/password.

  10. #9
    Administrator
    Array SIXTO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    19,672
    OK, not wanting to argue or get myself in trouble, I'll leave it alone.
    "Just blame Sixto"

  11. #10
    Distinguished Member Array Squawker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Las Vegas NV
    Posts
    1,614
    You should do fine. Best of luck!

  12. #11
    VIP Member Array JimmyC4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Minnesnowta
    Posts
    2,036
    Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    OK, not wanting to argue or get myself in trouble, I'll leave it alone.
    Whoops...too late now.
    "It's a big gun when I carry it, it is also a big gun when I take it out” – Clint Smith

  13. #12
    Restricted Member Array SelfDefense's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Tucson
    Posts
    2,736
    Quote Originally Posted by vashooter View Post
    No- that's the facts. I'm actually a DoD Facility Security Officer and I know 100% that you can't get into JPAS (the Defense Security Service website that holds clearance info) without a JPAS account/password.
    I was told that a CCW permit in AZ might take a bit longer if a security clearance is held by the applicant. Since a major defense contractor is the largest private employer in Tucson there must be a mountain of anectodal evidence.

    My permit took three or four days longer than I expected.

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Wish me luck
    By archer51 in forum Off Topic & Humor Discussion
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: August 30th, 2009, 08:49 AM
  2. Wish us luck! If we need it LOL
    By AllAmerican in forum Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: November 30th, 2008, 05:26 PM
  3. Wish Me Luck
    By dunndw in forum Off Topic & Humor Discussion
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: March 10th, 2008, 10:53 PM
  4. Wish me luck!
    By Black Knight in forum Off Topic & Humor Discussion
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: February 7th, 2008, 01:48 AM
  5. Wish Me Luck
    By jahwarrior72 in forum Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions
    Replies: 79
    Last Post: December 23rd, 2007, 07:11 PM