Defensive Carry banner

Amtrak Concealed Carry Question

8K views 12 replies 11 participants last post by  Hopyard 
#1 ·
Hey guys, can anyone point me in the direction of some more info on concealed carry as a passenger on Amtrak trains in the US? Is this a big no-no? Can I carry-on and rearm at my destination? My question is about CCW holders.

(Amtrak site has some disturbing verbage..."The following kinds of items are prohibited as both checked and carry-on baggage:

Any type of gun, firearm, ammunition, explosives, or weapon")
Thanks in advance.

#2 ·
Hey guys, can anyone point me in the direction of some more info on concealed carry as a passenger on Amtrak trains in the US? Is this a big no-no? Can I carry-on and rearm at my destination? My question is about CCW holders.
Thanks in advance.
I travel Amtrak at least twice a year to Florida, and posed that question to the reservations assistant. They make no exceptions for CCW holders. While aboard, I also asked the Conductor and the Sleeping car Attendant. Same answer. Having said that, they don't have "security checks" like the airlines, but if you were discovered with a gun, they could rightfully put you off the train at the next stop.

#4 ·
The short answer is NO.

For non-LEO's there ain't no way around it and the only LEO exception is for On-Duty Federal/Amtrak Police, as far as I'm aware.

Biker :tumbleweed:

#5 ·
Guvn3r Amtrak carry

Looks like from the posts that they will not allow firearms, but maybe they have one of them "double your money back" policies that if you get killed, you are eligible for, only problem is you have to apply for it in person!!! :rofl:

To bad that they claim to want us to take "public transportation" for all of there right reasons, but they are not very accommodating. Kind of a sad situation. I aways thought "someday" when I have the time it would be fun to take a train though the USA. Good Luck

SleepingZ

#8 ·
Looks like from the posts that they will not allow firearms, but maybe they have one of them "double your money back" policies that if you get killed, you are eligible for, only problem is you have to apply for it in person!!! :rofl:

To bad that they claim to want us to take "public transportation" for all of there right reasons, but they are not very accommodating. Kind of a sad situation. I aways thought "someday" when I have the time it would be fun to take a train though the USA. Good Luck

SleepingZ
About 6 years ago , I took a train from Kentucky to New York. Never want to do it again. I dreaded the ride back. Stop , start, delays, hit and killed an old woman, tree's on the track, 24 hours late getting to New York.
This was before I carried or even thought about carrying. I've also gone from here to Chicago on Amtrak, a 5 hour ride and I liked it. But now that I carry, I wouldn't ride train for nutn.

#9 ·
Last time I rode Amtrack, about a year ago, I had to go through a metal detector before getting on the train and there were signs all around about no weapons.

As I understand it, TSA is going to be taking over the security for passenger trains and it will--at some point in the future--be pretty much identical to getting on an airplane.

#13 ·
Gotta really watch the security on Amtrack.
The passengers might hijack the train and drive it into a building.

More from the brilliant minds department.

BTW, I love the high speed train on the East coast. It beats flying for both comfort and convenience.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.