Primary and BUG - or Primary and - another primary?? - Page 2

Primary and BUG - or Primary and - another primary??

This is a discussion on Primary and BUG - or Primary and - another primary?? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; My main is a G19 or a GP100 on my hip. I BUG carry my .38 J frame Rossi or my PPK knock off, in ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    My main is a G19 or a GP100 on my hip.

I BUG carry my .38 J frame Rossi or my PPK knock off, in eather my pocket or ancle.

I figure, the first gun you pull is your primary and any gun after that is your secondary.

I believe the situation will decide what gun comes into action first!

I believe everyone gets too wrapped up in to the big caliber and/or high capacity gun as the primary then the BUG is the small caliber and/or least capacity gun.

My buddy does off-duty & undercover work on the metro bus(extreme close quaters with innocent bystanders) and I ask him how fast could he draw his gun from the holster if a passenger became hostile and pulled a weapon in that extreme close quarters with all those IB's? Look at the restrictions/disadvantages here!

What restrictions and/or sacrifices do you have?
    Which gun do you think you can get to 1st? the one on your hip under your jacket under your t-shirt in a holster or the one you have in the jacket pocket?

The **** can Hit The Fan in a tenth of a second, the closer you are the more chance you get sprayed.
    Train how you Fight
    Slow is Smooth, Smooth is Fast!
    "Anything you do can get you killed, including nothing." Murphy's Combat Law

VIP Member
    My summer carry is a S&W 640 in the bellyband and a Colt Cobra on the ankle. Before I got the Cobra, my BUG was a Colt Mustang. There's nothing wrong with the Mustang and it's still a favorite little gun, but if I could carry a gun of a more sufficient caliber and it still doesn't feel like an anchor, that's great!

I ran through a few scenarios using a big guy as my "attacker." One was a kidnap scenario where I was grabbed in a bear hug from behind. I couldn't reach my 640 and I could barely draw my knife, but I could reach down, grab my ankle gun, and shoot him in the thigh. The BUG could very well be used as a primary in some scenarios.
    "Americans have the will to resist because you have weapons. If you don't have a gun, freedom of speech has no power." - Yoshimi Ishikawa

My BUG is a P3AT and a spare mag in a pocket holster. When it is really hot, or when my attire doesn't permit me to carry my 1911 or P-01, it is my primary (and only) gun.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links