Vermont visitor carry

Vermont visitor carry

This is a discussion on Vermont visitor carry within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Does anyone know where I can find the Vermont laws regarding a non-resident who is visiting the state?...

Thread: Vermont visitor carry

Vermont visitor carry

Does anyone know where I can find the Vermont laws regarding a non-resident who is visiting the state?
    Bleeding-heart reporter: “Do you feel that violence begets violence?”
    Jeff Cooper: “It is my earnest endeavor to see that it does. I would like very much to ensure - and in some cases I have - that any man who offers violence to his fellow citizen begets a whole lot more than he can enjoy."

there are no laws that specifically grant carry to residents or non-residents...that's the great thing about VT :)
    the lack of laws are what allow you to do so as a non-resident
    gun laws, generally speaking, are restrictive in nature...if a place has no law that prohibits a certain act then it is legal...that's the case with VT

If you are looking for the Vermont CCW laws then you can check Packing.org.

Non residents can carry a concealed handgun without a permit and can carry a knife as long as it is with no intent to harm a fellow man.

You can also carry a loaded handgun in a vehicle, but not a loaded rifle or shotgun.

Thanks for the info. Don't I wish NY was like that!
    Packing.org's site is down an I have heard that there are some problems with the site and its info.
    Bleeding-heart reporter: “Do you feel that violence begets violence?”
    Jeff Cooper: “It is my earnest endeavor to see that it does. I would like very much to ensure - and in some cases I have - that any man who offers violence to his fellow citizen begets a whole lot more than he can enjoy."

If you find yourself here in southern VT you just might want to stay covered (concealed handgun) while around the tie dye crunchies here in town most have never seen a gun and they tend to start to shake and create a fuss while speed dialing 911, as always best to just keep a low profile.

Craiger
    In God we trust, Everyone else we monitor...

VIP Member Array peacefuljeffrey's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Slash Dragoon View Post
    Non residents can carry a concealed handgun without a permit and can carry a knife as long as it is with no intent to harm a fellow man.
    Good golly, it's SO SIMPLE, so why on earth is this not the standard for EVERYTHING?!

I think humankind could rise to the occasion of living peaceably with one another if we all simply agreed upon a policy that people could own what they want as long as they NEVER acted with intent to harm a fellow man; and if they did, they'd be executed or exiled to a place they could never return from. (I'd prefer the execution because there's zero chance of their return, and it keeps the lesson alive.)

Don't punish anyone until and unless he has done wrong. And then, let him have it.

Quote Originally Posted by Slash Dragoon View Post
    If you are looking for the Vermont CCW laws then you can check Packing.org.

You can also carry a loaded handgun in a vehicle, but not a loaded rifle or shotgun.
    I regards to Packing being down, one of the better sites for current info is handgunlaw.us

Quote Originally Posted by peacefuljeffrey View Post
    Good golly, it's SO SIMPLE, so why on earth is this not the standard for EVERYTHING?!

I think humankind could rise to the occasion of living peaceably with one another if we all simply agreed upon a policy that people could own what they want as long as they NEVER acted with intent to harm a fellow man; and if they did, they'd be executed or exiled to a place they could never return from. (I'd prefer the execution because there's zero chance of their return, and it keeps the lesson alive.)

Don't punish anyone until and unless he has done wrong. And then, let him have it.
    There is one flaw in your argument and that is all the blood running in the streets throughout Vermont.

OH. . . . . wait a minute. . . . . . ????. . . . . Oh yeah, that's DC I'm thinking about. Never mind.

Peaceful Jeffrey hit on a wild concept. PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY. I wonder if it will ever catch on in this country?
    fortiter in re, suaviter in modo (resolutely in action, gently in manner).

I was born and raised in VT, everyone I knew growing up, had a gun, whether a hunting rifle or pistol, shotgun etc... It was a non issue, I used to see all the time, people riding around with a gunrack, with a deer rifle in it, noone gave it a second look, it was "normal" As for now I don't know how it is, since I haven't been back in over 17 years, from what I've seen none of the laws, there have changed, very gun friendly state. The only thing that has me worried, is the influx of "left" wing gun haters moving there, ruining the state. They've allready gotten some laws changed that people I grew up with, wouldn't have put up with, or stood for, but that's a different topic. Oh yeah I forgot to mention, since we were all brought up, there with a gun responsibility attitude, the crime rate was pretty darn low. Like I've allways said, legal gun owners, are some of the most respectful people in this country. I'll get off my soapbox now.
    If you want a battle of the wit's, please come armed.

Ron Paul Revolution 2008!!!

NRA Member

Distinguished Member Array SubNine's Avatar
    Vermont is a very enlightened state!
    USMC rule # 23 of gunfighting: Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet.

I am the God fearing, gun toting, flag waving conservative you were warned about!

Quote Originally Posted by PaulG View Post
    PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY. I wonder if it will ever catch on in this country?
    Are you kidding? No one here is responsible for their actions!

It's McDonalds fault that you're overweight, ADD is the reason you can't behave, you ended up in jail because you were abused as a child, etc...

It's never your fault

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links