Legal carry signs ?

Legal carry signs ?

This is a discussion on Legal carry signs ? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; In Texas we have the 30.06 signs,what do these 3 states use ?I plan on taking a trip shortly.Thanks.sj oklahoma,kansas,missouri....

Thread: Legal carry signs ?

Legal carry signs ?

In Texas we have the 30.06 signs,what do these 3 states use ?I plan on taking a trip shortly.Thanks.sj oklahoma,kansas,missouri.

IIRC (please double check) - in Oklahoma ANY signage prohibiting guns should be considered "legal notice" under OK Statutes - even if in crayon on cardboard. KS I dunno.

Senior Member Array Daddy Warcrimes's Avatar
    From the horse's mouth.

Some incorrect examples attached.
    Attached Images
    "and suddenly I can not hold back my sword hand's anger"

DaddyWarcrimes.com

VIP Member
    In Missouri I'm not sure what the size of the sign have to be to make it legal. But it does not make a difference. In Missouri even if posted it is not illegal to enter that property. But if spotted and asked to leave, you must leave or you are trespassing and can be arrested.

Signage is not defined in OK law.
    Any signs *probably* have the weight of law.
    All it says is:
    TITLE 21 § 1290.22. Business owner’s rights
    BUSINESS OWNER’S RIGHTS
    A. Except as provided in subsection B of this section, nothing contained in any provision of the Oklahoma Self-Defense Act, Section 1290.1 et seq. of this title, shall be construed to limit, restrict or prohibit in any manner the existing rights of any person, property owner, tenant, employer, or business entity to control the possession of weapons on any property owned or controlled by the person or business entity.
    B. No person, property owner, tenant, employer, or business entity shall be permitted to establish any policy or rule that has the effect of prohibiting any person, except a convicted felon, from transporting and storing firearms in a locked vehicle on any property set aside for any vehicle.
    "When a man attempts to deal with me by force, I answer him—by force.
    "... No, I do not share his evil or sink to his concept of morality: I merely grant him his choice, destruction, the only destruction he had the right to choose: his own." -John Galt, Atlas Shrugged

Minnesota is breaking the law by banning carry at the state fair.

Quote Originally Posted by Protect View Post
    Signage is not defined in OK law.
    Any signs *probably* have the weight of law.
    All it says is:
    My CCW instructor said that the "no guns signage" in Oklahoma does not have any legislative punishment to back it up (no teeth to the law). There is no fine or jail time stated or associated with it by law. If you are discovered carrying where they have a "no-guns sign" all they can do is ask you to leave and if you refuse then you are tresspassing. I guess if they actually saw your gun, then they could call it brandishing/flashing a weapon which is illegal. I have tried to find a definitive statement by the state on this but haven't had any luck. It mostly depends on the officer and/or DA in that county and how anti-gun he is if you get caught carrying despite the sign. I have seen signs posted in the most obscure areas that a normal person would miss, so I doubt it would be enforceable in those instances.
    My guess is if they don't see it then your OK.

Quote Originally Posted by cherokeetad View Post
    My CCW instructor said that the "no guns signage" in Oklahoma does not have any legislative punishment to back it up (no teeth to the law). There is no fine or jail time stated or associated with it by law. If you are discovered carrying where they have a "no-guns sign" all they can do is ask you to leave and if you refuse then you are tresspassing. I guess if they actually saw your gun, then they could call it brandishing/flashing a weapon which is illegal. I have tried to find a definitive statement by the state on this but haven't had any luck. It mostly depends on the officer and/or DA in that county and how anti-gun he is if you get caught carrying despite the sign. I have seen signs posted in the most obscure areas that a normal person would miss, so I doubt it would be enforceable in those instances.
    My guess is if they don't see it then your OK.
    I would agree, concealed is concealed, but I am not a lawyer, LEO, or DA so my opinion means squat.

If they asked you to leave and you did not, you would be guilty of Trespassing, but they can ask you to leave for ANY reason not just firearms.
    "When a man attempts to deal with me by force, I answer him—by force.
    "... No, I do not share his evil or sink to his concept of morality: I merely grant him his choice, destruction, the only destruction he had the right to choose: his own." -John Galt, Atlas Shrugged

Kansas NO CCW Sign.

Quote Originally Posted by sjones View Post
    In Texas we have the 30.06 signs,what do these 3 states use ?I plan on taking a trip shortly.Thanks.sj oklahoma,kansas,missouri.
    In Kansas the only sign that carries legal weight has a black handgun inside a red circle (min. 6" dia.) with a red diagonal slash, on a white background. The sign looks similar to a no-right turn sign. Also the NO CCW signs apply to buildings only. Parking lots, parks, open areas cannot be posted.

Links