Colorado State Fair

This is a discussion on Colorado State Fair within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Does anyone kow if the Colorado State Fair is off limits for CCW? If not how about the arenas where they have the concerts?...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 16

Thread: Colorado State Fair

  1. #1
    Senior Member Array rljohns's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    1,033

    Colorado State Fair

    Does anyone kow if the Colorado State Fair is off limits for CCW? If not how about the arenas where they have the concerts?

  2. Remove Ads

  3. #2
    Senior Member Array BkCo1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    1,077
    Unless they have a sign out it is ok. It is not on the list in the regs.

    Semper Fi

  4. #3
    VIP Member Array Redneck Repairs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    5,133
    I dont have a clue , its been years since i attended the state fair and i was LE the last time . I suggest you call the Pueblo County Sheriffs office and inquire , or Colorado State Patrol. State Patrol is the offical lead agency for security at the state fair with PCSO helping .
    Make sure you get full value out of today , Do something worthwhile, because what you do today will cost you one day off the rest of your life .
    We only begin to understand folks after we stop and think .

    Criminals are looking for victims, not opponents.

  5. #4
    Member Array Maklioso's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Denver
    Posts
    20
    rljohns, are you going to see Nugent? That's the only reason I'm going! Look for me doing this-->

    Seriously, though, I can't find any rules against it. I think we'll be okay.

  6. #5
    VIP Member Array Redneck Repairs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    5,133
    When will the Teddster be there ?? heck i might make the pilgermage myself .
    Make sure you get full value out of today , Do something worthwhile, because what you do today will cost you one day off the rest of your life .
    We only begin to understand folks after we stop and think .

    Criminals are looking for victims, not opponents.

  7. #6
    Senior Member Array rljohns's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    1,033
    Quote Originally Posted by Maklioso View Post
    rljohns, are you going to see Nugent? That's the only reason I'm going! Look for me doing this-->

    Seriously, though, I can't find any rules against it. I think we'll be okay.
    The reason I ask! I was entering the fair in 1994 and had a typical small pocket knife in my front pants pocket and the policeman (Pueblo City I think) ask if I had a kife and I said this small pen knife. He then said I could either through it away or return it to my car.

    I'd like to see Ted but I belive it is a Monday night (9/3/07). I haven't seen Ted since the Double Live Gonzo tour back in Huntington, WVA in about 1977.

  8. #7
    Member Array ethereal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    95

    Colorado is pretty simple...

    You can carry, even at a fair - so long as it's
    • not on school grounds (and that's any school, including the University System),
    • not in the chambers of the state legislators,
    • they're not using metal detectors / searches at all entrances and requiring EVERYONE to disarm before entering.
    • And, finally for the feds, as long as they're not holding the fair in the security areas of the airport.


    As a matter of fact, we spent this past weekend at the Logan County fair in Sterling - lots of fun. No problems, Good times.
    Protect your family. Reload. Call 911.

  9. #8
    Senior Member Array glock21guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Colorado Springs, CO
    Posts
    523
    I don't remember seeing any sings prohibiting CC. Last year I had a parking pass so I did not come through the main gates.
    Aaron

    If you don't protect your self, who will?

  10. #9
    Senior Member Array rljohns's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    1,033
    Quote Originally Posted by glock21guy View Post
    I don't remember seeing any sings prohibiting CC. Last year I had a parking pass so I did not come through the main gates.

    SO why did the police stop me for having a 2.5" pen knife??

    I thought I saw something online prohibiting carry in the events center, but I can't find it now.

  11. #10
    Member Array Mad_Max's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    120
    When and where is the fair? Last time I saw Nugent was the Cat Scratch Fever tour in Maine

  12. #11
    Senior Member Array rljohns's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    1,033
    Quote Originally Posted by Mad_Max View Post
    When and where is the fair? Last time I saw Nugent was the Cat Scratch Fever tour in Maine
    Fair Grounds in west Pueblo Ted Nugent is Monday 9/3/2007.

  13. #12
    Senior Member Array glock21guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Colorado Springs, CO
    Posts
    523
    Pueblo is some what like Denver. They dance to a different beat.

    The fair is in Pueblo, Aug 24 - Sept 3. http://www.coloradostatefair.com/
    Aaron

    If you don't protect your self, who will?

  14. #13
    Senior Member Array rljohns's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    1,033
    Quote Originally Posted by glock21guy View Post
    Pueblo is some what like Denver. They dance to a different beat.

    The fair is in Pueblo, Aug 24 - Sept 3. http://www.coloradostatefair.com/
    Seems like they want to just make up their owns laws as they go.

  15. #14
    Member Array MickGIS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    18
    Quote Originally Posted by ethereal View Post
    You can carry, even at a fair - so long as it's
    • not on school grounds (and that's any school, including the University System),
    • not in the chambers of the state legislators,
    • they're not using metal detectors / searches at all entrances and requiring EVERYONE to disarm before entering.
    • And, finally for the feds, as long as they're not holding the fair in the security areas of the airport.


    As a matter of fact, we spent this past weekend at the Logan County fair in Sterling - lots of fun. No problems, Good times.
    Hi ethereal,

    I believe you are incorrect that state law prohibits CCW on campus. Sheriff Jim Alderden (Larimer County) wrote an article discussing this issue. Here is a link to that article:

    http://www.co.larimer.co.us/sheriff/...pusBullEye.htm

    Here is a relevant snippet:
    “The most interesting aspect of this controversy is that Colorado state law does NOT prohibit carrying a weapon on campus with a valid permit. CU and other institutions of higher learning are relying on policy set by the Regents of the university and a Formal Opinion, No. 03-03, by then Colorado Attorney General Ken Salazar that university policy trumps state law. While I do respect Ken Salazar, there is enough grey area in the cited case laws to think that another attorney or a court could come to a different conclusion.”

    CSU does not prohibit CCW while CU does not based on state law but the Attorney General’s opinion.

    Here is a link to the Ken Salazar’s opinion:

    http://www.ago.state.co.us/agopinion...Fs/AGO03-3.pdf

    Cheers,
    MickGIS

    I say we take off, nuke the site from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.

    Cpl. Dwayne Hicks
    United States Colonial Marine Corps

  16. #15
    Senior Member Array rljohns's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    1,033

    Quote

    Quote Originally Posted by MickGIS View Post
    Hi ethereal,

    I believe you are incorrect that state law prohibits CCW on campus. Sheriff Jim Alderden (Larimer County) wrote an article discussing this issue. Here is a link to that article:

    http://www.co.larimer.co.us/sheriff/...pusBullEye.htm

    Here is a relevant snippet:
    “The most interesting aspect of this controversy is that Colorado state law does NOT prohibit carrying a weapon on campus with a valid permit. CU and other institutions of higher learning are relying on policy set by the Regents of the university and a Formal Opinion, No. 03-03, by then Colorado Attorney General Ken Salazar that university policy trumps state law. While I do respect Ken Salazar, there is enough grey area in the cited case laws to think that another attorney or a court could come to a different conclusion.”



    CSU does not prohibit CCW while CU does not based on state law but the Attorney General’s opinion.

    Here is a link to the Ken Salazar’s opinion:

    http://www.ago.state.co.us/agopinion...Fs/AGO03-3.pdf

    Cheers,
    MickGIS
    This is the exact quote from the KHOW630 interview with Dan Caplis and Craig Silverman!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. State Fair of Texas?
    By drjoker in forum Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: October 19th, 2009, 02:02 PM
  2. Warning - Texas State Fair Concealed Carry - If you are going to the Fair, pls read!
    By USPnTX in forum Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: September 29th, 2007, 10:15 AM
  3. CCW at AZ State Fair
    By AZ Dog in forum Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: October 21st, 2006, 01:54 AM
  4. State Fair Carry?
    By dru22 in forum Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: October 16th, 2006, 12:09 PM

Search tags for this page

can i conceal carry a gun at colorado state fair
,
ccw at the colorado state fair
,
ccw colorado state fair
,

colorado state fair concealed carry

,
colorado state fair concealed carry rules
,
colorado state fair firearms
,
colorado state fair security
,
conceal carry at colorado state fair
,
concealed carry at colorado state fair
,
concealed carry at the colorado state fair
,

concealed carry colorado state fair

,
concealed weapons colorado state fair
Click on a term to search for related topics.