Permit Granted, now a question.

This is a discussion on Permit Granted, now a question. within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Recieved my letter in the mail today from the wonderful City of Denver that my application has been approved and that I can come pick ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Permit Granted, now a question.

Recieved my letter in the mail today from the wonderful City of Denver that my application has been approved and that I can come pick up the permit. (whew)

Day 100 of the 90 days set forth in law.

Now my question is. Do I rock the boat a little?

See, my application process has been a little beset by problems during this time. This may get a little long, but I'll try not to let it.

When I applied, I faxed in "another" copy of my residency proof the next day. Called to verify that It was recieved. no response.

called the next day. no response.

assumed they were busy (probably a mistake)

day 40, get a call from the detective that my info was NOT received and to fax it.

faxed it again. called in to confirm. no response. faxed again, this time on the cover letter asking for a call back to confirm. no response. again, faxed still nothing. Again, I let it sit.

day 89, I call in and make my way through transfers and leave a pleading voice mail to the detective to please let me know that it was recieved.

I did get a call back finally. My info was recieved and that it was now on the manager of safety's desk for approval.

day 100. got the letter. Colorado is a 90 day shall issue state.

can / should a complaint be made? Write my legislator? shut the heck up and count the number of times I've misspelled recieve in this post?

What I have learned is don't fax, use certified mail.

Either way, I'm happy. I've got it. Going to pick it up tommorow morning. Head to wally world for some nachos.
    "I no longer list firearms I own as a signature. Why give them another list to use when they come to get them?"

You let it sit before when things weren't going correctly...what good do you think it will do now to make a complaint?

Restricted Member Array SelfDefense's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lochinver View Post
    Recieved my letter in the mail today from the wonderful City of Denver that my application has been approved and that I can come pick up the permit. (whew)

Day 100 of the 90 days set forth in law.

Now my question is. Do I rock the boat a little?

See, my application process has been a little beset by problems during this time. This may get a little long, but I'll try not to let it.

When I applied, I faxed in "another" copy of my residency proof the next day. Called to verify that It was recieved. no response.

called the next day. no response.

assumed they were busy (probably a mistake)

day 40, get a call from the detective that my info was NOT received and to fax it.

faxed it again. called in to confirm. no response. faxed again, this time on the cover letter asking for a call back to confirm. no response. again, faxed still nothing. Again, I let it sit.

day 89, I call in and make my way through transfers and leave a pleading voice mail to the detective to please let me know that it was recieved.

I did get a call back finally. My info was recieved and that it was now on the manager of safety's desk for approval.

day 100. got the letter. Colorado is a 90 day shall issue state.

can / should a complaint be made? Write my legislator? shut the heck up and count the number of times I've misspelled recieve in this post?

What I have learned is don't fax, use certified mail.

Either way, I'm happy. I've got it. Going to pick it up tommorow morning. Head to wally world for some nachos.
    The question you need to ask yourself is what do you want to accomplish.

You received your permit. They may have violated the 90 day limit. So? I can certainly understand your frustration in the process. Sometimes it is difficult to negotiate the bureaucracy. Consider that you were ultimately successful. What would you gain from pursuing the matter further?

Let it go and stay safe.

Assistant Administrator
    Sounds like 40 days got wasted due to the fax aspect .... and while blame for that may be theirs - I agree with other comments - let it go.

The fact that you now have it is prime issue - move on and go hit ChinaMart
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

All's well that ends well.

I'm just going to let it be and enjoy the fact that I have it now and that the process wait is over.

No use drawing attention to it

thanks
    "I no longer list firearms I own as a signature. Why give them another list to use when they come to get them?"

Write your State rep--let him/her know what's going on. When it comes time for any gun legislation, remind said State rep how the PD disregards the law..that new laws only impact the law-abiding.

Let it go...you've got your permit...does it really make a difference? You might be burning a bridge you would like to cross some other day...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Couldn't have expected any better service; after all, you're dealing with the government....

I'll echo the other comments, since I don't think you'll accomplish anything by complaining; if they can't acknowledge a fax, do you actually think they will improve their service???
    "It's a big gun when I carry it, it is also a big gun when I take it out” – Clint Smith

Instead of faxing it the second time I would have hand delivered it to the detective. I agree, you have your permit, filing any type of complaint may only get you denied when you need to reapply, or have it permanently lost somewhere. Keep your mouth shut and go eat your nacho's.
    When Seconds Count, The Cops Are Just Minutes Away!!
    Carry On!
    NCHornet

VIP Member
    Let it go, you may need them on your side in the future

You should write them a letter saying how impressed you were with their expedient response to your application and that you were very happy with the service you received....

They take it as a great compliment and you sit back with a big smirk on your face.
    Firefighter/EMT
    "You've never lived until you've almost died. For those who fight for it, life has a flavor the protected will never know" - T.R.

<----My LT was unhappy that I did not have my PASS-Tag at that fire. But I found the body so he said he would overlook it. :)

Gotta disagree with some of you. I think the mans got a legitimate gripe and if it was me I'd air it.....via letter to that investigators supervisor and the Chief and Mayors office. Further, I'd request that my complaint be placed in his personnel file and I'd demand a reply and explanation.

After all, what he was doing was performing a "ministerial" duty, it sure seems he did his best to emulate the old saw of "they pretend to pay me, so I pretend to work" attitude. That investigator needs jacked up and I for one'd do it. And thats speaking as a retired CLEO, I'd sure hate to have a guy with that view of his job working a serious criminal case I had some interest in......I have seen and delt with those types and If you don't let those in charge know, then they just keep on gettin' away with just gettin' by.

People in positions such as his sometimes conveniently forget that their function is to provide a service.........obviously, absent some valid reason otherwise, that investigator looked at it differently.....!

Anyway you look at it, he is not doing what he's being paid to do.

With all that said, Praise the Lord and pass the ammo. Now you can carry, congratulations. Sorry, can't help with the speelling.
    What you think you know.... Can kill you!

VIP Member
    Well, it's a lesson in patience that you will definately need in the future... especially when ordering a custom holster!
    ALWAYS carry! - NEVER tell!

"A superior Operator is best defined as someone who uses his superior
    judgement to keep himself out of situations that would require a display of his
    superior skills."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links