No more firearms for me for a while...

This is a discussion on No more firearms for me for a while... within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Well maybe some of you know, I'm a resident alien green card since 2005, WA State resident since 2000, yep took 5 years to get ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: No more firearms for me for a while...

No more firearms for me for a while...

Well maybe some of you know, I'm a resident alien green card since 2005, WA State resident since 2000, yep took 5 years to get the Green card.

Any way, WA State DOL issues an "Alien Firearms License", they are not a LE agency so I have no idea why they are in charge of something like this.

I've had mine since 2002, and they aren't allowed to issue any more of them right now, I've tried to get a new one. I've requested congressional assistance on the issue too.

Well my AFL runs out tonight, meaning, my firearms are now at my friends house down the street & I have a CPL but I'm not allowed to have any modern firearms in my possession.

So I'm pretty much disarmed until the whole license issue is cleared up, or I get citizenship, I cannot get that until summer of 2010.

Some times life is stranger than fiction.

Yep, sucks to be me ATM!

2. Remove Ads

Administrator
    That stinks. Hope everything ends up working out OK for you.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

Senor,
    Mi' no comprende?
    You are a "Resident Alien" with a "Green Card" right? So what is the "hang-up" about owning firearms?
    Move to a state that doesn't have licensing.

Biker

VIP Member Array peacefuljeffrey's Avatar
    MD Willington, I'm very sorry to read of your plight. In my view, anyone who would be here at this forum and take part in good faith is most likely the kind of person who should be allowed to legally own firearms and use them for the benefit of right. So I can imagine only that you are someone who should enjoy the right to keep and bear arms. I'm sorry it's being taken away from you. I hope that something happens sooner, rather than later, to rectify this for you.

Why don't you do this:

Just become a Citizen (if you are not already trying) and then you don't have to worry about your green card, or anything else.
    "Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are inevitably ruined". - Patrick Henry

Senior Moderator
    Sorry to hear that; hope that clears up soon.
    I'm too young to be this old!
    Getting old isn't good for you!

VIP Member
    Sorry to hear that. I wonder if our lovely Govn'r has started to mess with firearm stuff now that she's imposed enough new taxes to choke a horse.
    eschew obfuscation

The only thing that stops bad guys with guns is good guys with guns. SgtD

Senior Moderator
    I understand, my wife is a resident alien trying to become a citizen in 2009 (only took 3.5 years to get her green card). She can't CCW in our current county.

Hang in there
    “You can sway a thousand men by appealing to their prejudices quicker than you can convince one man by logic.”

― Robert A. Heinlein,

Quote Originally Posted by BikerRN
    Senor,
    Mi' no comprende?
    You are a "Resident Alien" with a "Green Card" right? So what is the "hang-up" about owning firearms?
    Move to a state that doesn't have licensing.
    I have contemplated that, but at this point in time it is not in the cards for us, always knew we should have lived in Idaho, which is only a 10 minute drive from our current house. Oh well hindsight, 20/20 etcetera.

Quote Originally Posted by edr9x23super View Post
    Just become a Citizen (if you are not already trying) and then you don't have to worry about your green card, or anything else.
    I do plan on becoming a citizen, I am required to live in the USA 5 years from the point at which I received my green card, just like everyone else who receives a green card. The previous 5 years are not retroactive and do not count towards the required 5 years.

Thanks for the words of encouragement everyone

Lead Moderator
    Hope it gets straightened out soon. Sounds like you followed the rules and still got tied up in em.
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

Actually, I think....

Mr. Wellington's problem may be that he is an educated person that brings a needed skill to the table; It always seems that immigrants with some kind of skill or profession that pays well and is in demand have a harder time getting into our country or obtaining citizenship. Of course, if you are a manual laborer that can dig ditches yet your IQ level can just about match the IQ of the shovel they are digging with, then you are hereby on the fast track to citizenship.

Perhaps this is the way the Democrats want things, with any new immigrants being uneducated manual laborers too stupid to see how your country is being stolen from them.
    "Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are inevitably ruined". - Patrick Henry

[QUOTE=MD_Willington;460545]I have contemplated that, but at this point in time it is not in the cards for us, always knew we should have lived in Idaho, which is only a 10 minute drive from our current house. Oh well hindsight, 20/20 etcetera.[\QUOTE]

You live in Clarkston huh....
    The 6 P's
    Prior Planning Prevents Piss-Poor Performance

No man who refuses to bear arms in defense of his nation can give a sound reason why he should be allowed to live in a free country" T. Roosevelt

Distinguished Member Array P7fanatic's Avatar

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by MD_Willington View Post
    always knew we should have lived in Idaho, which is only a 10 minute drive from our current house. Oh well hindsight, 20/20 etcetera.

Thanks for the words of encouragement everyone
    Start looking for a house 10 minutes away. At least you'll accomplish getting out of Washington state.

Assistant Administrator
    Oh my - that sucks and I really feel for you. I was in retrospect pretty darned lucky.

I too have been here since 2000, married to a US lady - which of course shortened my wait for citizenship to three years. I got my green card thru in early 2002 and once I had my SSN, DL etc - was able to start rebuilding my gun collection - plus with no hassles, get my CCW.

I achieved my citizenship (with I might add enormous pride) September 2005 ...... and so now am one of y'all.

I can't see why WA state does this ..... it is most unconstitutional. If you are legal resident and tax payer etc you deserve your right of self protection like anyone else who is law abiding. I do very sincerely hope you can find some means to redress this craziness
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Bummer man. Seems like the ones that want to do it right always go through more BS. Hope it all gets worked out...FAST. In the mean time...Western Virginia is nice!
    "My God David, We're a Civilized society."

"Sure, As long as the machines are workin' and you can call 911. But you take those things away, you throw people in the dark, and you scare the **** out of them; no more rules...You'll see how primitive they can get."
    -The Mist (2007)

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Links