CCW and Careful Driving

This is a discussion on CCW and Careful Driving within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I'll bet someone else here can identify with this: I have always been a careful, non-agressive driver, but now that I am carrying I an ...

Thread: CCW and Careful Driving

CCW and Careful Driving

I'll bet someone else here can identify with this: I have always been a careful, non-agressive driver, but now that I am carrying I an REALLY CAREFUL....I'd rather not have any contact with the LEOs and have to try to stutter out, "Uh, sir....I have a CCW and I am carrying my weapon......and, uh.....was that light really Red?"

Cannon

2. Remove Ads

Assistant Administrator
    I guess yes - responsible carry modifies many aspects of our living. Maybe when driving, tho IMO it is less the adherence to speed limits and red lights - as perhaps the avoidance of road rage incidents. Situations where we might have in the past flipped a bird or two, but now suck it up and move on.

Avoidance of trouble of any sort is a good way to go. I for one have zero wish to explore the real life potential of my carry weapon in extremis ......... that's a given ... and so will stay away from about anything that could escalate.

I do confess tho even now, while a measured and basically careful driver of many decades - now and again the speedo does show a ''whisker'' higher than it should, <cough>
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

since ive got my permit i am a lot more careful driving .but my family says that i drive like a little old lady anyway plus i dont want to have to start i got pulled over tonight thread.

U know my wife & I have talked about this very thing, u see iam kinda a road rage person the way some people drive just iritate the heck out of me (i did drive truck OTR for 3 1/2 years, not anymore thank god) & my wife commented to me awhile ago about how much better i was doing (not letting my temper get the best of me) Ive actually changed awhole lot of behavior patterns in the last year or so ive been carrying. For the best of course I just dont want anything stupid to make a life changing event. Carrying conceled really does make u think twice about all kinds of things u do. Besides keeping calm u are always wanting that booth w/the view & your strong side in so people cant see, looking to see what others are doing, all kinds of little things like that. Basically it made me a more forgiving person & more aware of my surroundings at all times....

VIP Member
    I've flipped off many a driver. Since I've been carrying , I haven't done it once. I still cuss outloud , but I don't let the person know it has bothered me. I am alot more aware of what could happen by letting some idiot get to me. Yes I am a better driver now. CCW has made me a better person all around. Thanks alot to this site.

robere...

and Chris... I am shocked! Are you suggesting that YOU may have flipped someone the bird in the past?

Boy, you have really taken to being an American like a duck to water! Jolly Good, old chap... Jolly Good!
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Links