Utah's famous "Super Dell" up on weapon charges

This is a discussion on Utah's famous "Super Dell" up on weapon charges within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; http://kutv.com/topstories/local_story_151193027.html Super Dell up on charges. Dell “Super Dell” Schanze is up on charges for threatening to use a deadly weapon during a fight. Be ...

Thread: Utah's famous "Super Dell" up on weapon charges

Utah's famous "Super Dell" up on weapon charges

http://kutv.com/topstories/local_story_151193027.html

Super Dell up on charges. Dell “Super Dell” Schanze is up on charges for threatening to use a deadly weapon during a fight. Be sure to watch the video clip attached to the story because it shows Dell's side of the story, which the obviously biased reported tries to minimize.
    Here is my take: Dell had every right to pull a gun if he really pulled the gun. He was obviously threatened and had ample justification to defend himself and his daughter. These guys who confronted him and blocked him in had absolutely no right to do anything that they did. If they observed Dell driving in a manner that is unsafe, then they should have called the cops instead of acting like vigilantes and threatening violence against Dell. For those outside of Utah, yes, he really does act and sound like that. He is well known here in Utah for running “Totally Awesome Computers” a chain of computer shops that build some pretty decent if not overly hyped PC systems. Dell is also known to give $100 discounts to people who have CCW permits. Dell also owns “Totally Awesome Guns and Range”. The name is a total exaggeration of the gun shop and range... but they do stock some fine hardware and they even have a couple guys there that actually know what they are talking about . Dell also holds a class 3 FFL and is a collector of select-fire hardware. His voice and his mannerisms are totally annoying, and he is a hugely arrogant SOB. However, I do not think that he is irresponsible to the point of driving 75MPH and brandishing a weapon just for the thrill of it.
    He is alleged to have driven too fast, but the guys that were confronting him... when was the last time they had their radar unit calibrated and certified?
    What? You mean to tell me they don't have a radar unit? So how did they know he was driving 75MPH?
    Since when is it kosher to confront someone by blocking them in, yelling at them, and then picking up a big rock and threaten people with it? That smacks of utter fecalmatterfromabull right there. Completely asinine.
    This has been refered to the DA's office, which is probably just following procedure... but here is what the DA should do first thing in the morning: Drop all charges against Super Dell Schanze, and file some against the idiots that thought they could act like Super Heroes.
    At least that is my opinion, I could be wrong.

2. Remove Ads

Assistant Administrator
    Watched the newsclip George - and yeah - he is irritating as heck!

However - it seems from what I see and read - he is being jumped on to excess here. I mean, this is a brandishing - brought on by perceived threat from three guys!!! They should let this one go I think.
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

1943 - 2009
    Have to agree with P95Carry, "Super Dell" is certainly an obnoxious sort.

I don't know about the incident, I suppose it could go either way, depending on who the DA believes. If it does get to court, tho, "Super Dell" should seriously consider toning down his act.

When you’re wounded and left on Afghanistan’s plains,
    And the women come out to cut up what remains,
    Just roll to your rifle and blow out your brains,
    And go to your God like a soldier.

Rudyard Kipling

Terry

DC Founder
    I would think, no matter how annoying the guy is, that with his medical condition, guys boxing him in and stopping him roadside and threatening him with a rock, he was justified. Being annoying doesn't mean he has relinquished his right to self defense. They should charge those that started this situation....
    Bumper
    Coimhéad fearg fhear na foighde; Beware the anger of a patient man.

I agree with you all on all points. He is one of the most annoying people I have heard had the misfortune of listening to. That said, I would have drawn on them as well. As Massad Ayoob has stated many times disparity of force is a valid reason to defend oneself.
    --------------------------
    Rantings of a Right Wing Nutjob
    NRA Member
    GOA Member
    VCDL Member
    USCCA Member

H&K USPc 9mm
    Para P-14 .45
    Para Warthog .45
    Bulgarian Makarov 9x18Mak
    Springfield Armory XD-9 Subcompact
    Walther P-22 3.4"
    Ruger 10/22 .22
    Smith and Wesson 642 .38 +P

Oh my God....I grew up with a guy just like him!! Even as a kid he was the most annoying person I have ever known. As an adult he has pissed off so many people that it's a wonder he has not been shot by someone. I would never shoot an unarmed man but cement overshoes comes to mind!!!!
    The only thing needed for evil to exist is for good men to stand by and do nothing!!!

I like your flag Tex, the problem is in todays world its perceived personalty and looks. If you have a rudy look and are right you may loose because its perceived you are a troublemaker. If your looks and gift of speaking is great and present your case in an acceptable manner speaking like one of them asking the questions you may win.
    At least thats what I think....
    As you slide down the banister of life,
    May the splinters never point the wrong way.
    ---
    NRA Life Member

Links