Nevada Reciprocity

Nevada Reciprocity

This is a discussion on Nevada Reciprocity within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; When is NV supposed to start recognizing other states and where can I check for that? Also, did they dump that Las Vegas registration, or ...

Thread: Nevada Reciprocity

Nevada Reciprocity

When is NV supposed to start recognizing other states and where can I check for that? Also, did they dump that Las Vegas registration, or at least lighten up on visitors?

October 1, 2007 is key date

Here is a relevant news item from the website Nevada Concealed Carry:

Nevadacarry.com website

On Friday, June 15, Governor Jim Gibbons (R) signed Senate Bill 237, sponsored by Senator John Lee (D-1) and Senator Warren Hardy (R-12). SB237 will allow Nevada to negotiate Right-to-Carry reciprocity agreements with states whose training standards match Nevada’s. SB237 will be effective Monday, October 1.
    So I would say that some time after October 1 you will begin to see reciprocity agreements. I would bet on Arizona being one of the first.

Quote Originally Posted by MountainPacker View Post
    When is NV supposed to start recognizing other states and where can I check for that? Also, did they dump that Las Vegas registration, or at least lighten up on visitors?
    law goes into effect on the 1st of October. since this is not a reciprocity law (simply an honored permit law) i would assume we'll see a list posted by NV DPS sometime before the law goes into effect.

Regarding registration in Clark County (Las Vegas)... effective October 1st, you will have 90 days to register your firearms with LVMPD and get your blue card. This is a huge increase over the currect 24-hour period. This law was passed due to the anticipation of honoring other state permits as well as the appease the organizers and exhibitors at the SHOT show.
    Last edited by njeske; August 23rd, 2007 at 03:26 PM. Reason: typo

Quote Originally Posted by njeske View Post
    l
    Regarding registration in Clark County (Las Vegas)... effective October 1st, you will have 90 days to register your firearms with LVMPD and get your blue card. This is a huge increase over the currect 24-hour period. This law was passed due to the anticipation of honoring other state permits as well as the appease the organizers and exhibitors at the SHOT show.
    Does this mean that if you are a CCW'r from a state Nevada honors, you have to register if you are in Las Vegas specifically? Also, what exactly does the "90 days" mean? Most people aren't visiting for that long.

Quote Originally Posted by skvinson View Post
    Does this mean that if you are a CCW'r from a state Nevada honors, you have to register if you are in Las Vegas specifically? Also, what exactly does the "90 days" mean? Most people aren't visiting for that long.
    it means that upon entering clark county you have 90 days to register your firearm. if you're leaving before 90 days, don't bother.

Quote Originally Posted by njeske View Post
    it means that upon entering clark county you have 90 days to register your firearm. if you're leaving before 90 days, don't bother.
    Why is it that you always find things at the last place you looked?
    Because when you find something-you stop looking-Mooch

Senior Member Array tanksoldier's Avatar
    Awezomme! Now if I go to Frontsight I can carry.
    "I am a Soldier. I fight where I am told, and I win where I fight." GEN George S. Patton, Jr.

You could already carry if you were going to FrontSight. Nevada allows open carry for anyone who can legally own a gun.

I don't know if Colorado's permit will be honored or not. The initial discussion implied that there were about 12 or 13 states to be recognized. The 2 major criteria are: training comparable to Nevada (including live fire), and a 24-hour accessible database of authorized permit holders in that state.

I thought Colorado did not have the 24-hour database?

Quote Originally Posted by bobernet View Post
    I don't know if Colorado's permit will be honored or not. The initial discussion implied that there were about 12 or 13 states to be recognized. The 2 major criteria are: training comparable to Nevada (including live fire), and a 24-hour accessible database of authorized permit holders in that state.

I thought Colorado did not have the 24-hour database?
    Colorado does not have a 24-hour database. However, I also have Utah and Florida permits. I'm crossing my fingers for one of them to be recognized.

Quote Originally Posted by MountainPacker View Post
    Colorado does not have a 24-hour database. However, I also have Utah and Florida permits. I'm crossing my fingers for one of them to be recognized.
    True, but I do know (at least I am pretty sure) that when the police run your plates it will come up that you have a permit. Maybe that will count?
    "You can't shake the devils hand and say you were only kidding"

Quote Originally Posted by ShadeAngel View Post
    True, but I do know (at least I am pretty sure) that when the police run your plates it will come up that you have a permit. Maybe that will count?
    Ohio also has your CHL tied to your license so hopefully that would work for us as well.

Perhaps they will also pick up NC in their reciprocity agreement. Then I could have the option to go back to Reno for a few days and visit some old friends.
    "A simple way to take measure of a country is to look at how many want in ... And how many want out." British Prime Minister Tony Blair

Distinguished Member Array Squawker's Avatar
    I'm hoping that South Carolina is one. I can travel the east coast from Fla to Va, and carry, except in South Carolina. SC only recognizes CCW prmits from the state the person loves in, so my Fla and Utah permits don't work.

Distinguished Member Array Squawker's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pogo2 View Post
    Here is a relevant news item from the website Nevada Concealed Carry:

Nevadacarry.com website

So I would say that some time after October 1 you will begin to see reciprocity agreements. I would bet on Arizona being one of the first.

Thanks Pogo, for the link. Although I'm a Nevada resident, I had not heard of that site before. I looks like it will be very helpful.

Sponsored Links