THE CCW'ers "STEROTYPE" ??

This is a discussion on THE CCW'ers "STEROTYPE" ?? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; The following are excerpts taken from the Pensacola News Journal on Tues.,May 31,2005. On Monday (May 30) there was a rally at the Martin Luther ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: THE CCW'ers "STEROTYPE" ??

Distinguished Member Array RSSZ's Avatar

The following are excerpts taken from the Pensacola News Journal on Tues.,May 31,2005. On Monday (May 30) there was a rally at the Martin Luther King Jr. Plaza. "The crowd protested a law that guarantees people will not be prosecuted for using deadly force against intruders on their property." " Critics: Bill can easily be misinterpreted." " --- near the Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. bust on the Palafox Street median,about 100 people softly sang hymns about a time when black people were oppressed." "And that,the impromptu singers believe,continues today." " Instead of slavery,the chains now come in the form of laws that are a threat to the black community,said a number of speakers at the two hour rally Monday." "The issue:Florida Senate Bill 436,signed last month by Gov. Jeb Bush. It guarantees that people aren't prosecuted for using deadly force against intruders on their property." " --- critics say that the bill just gives people a license to kill that can easily be abused or misinterpreted." " What about all those people who perpetuate hate and who will use this as an act of aggression? Said the Rev. Hugh King,president of the Pensacola chapter of the Christian Leadership Conference,the orginization that conducted the event.""We live in some scary times right now,said Susan Watson,president of the local chapter of the ACLU. Watson,who is white,rhetorically asked the crowd if they believe that the law would be applied equally to her and to a black man.""Chicago Alderman Dorthy Tillman,formaly of Pensacola,said the law will lead to open war on black males." "It's almost a way to eliminate people. Black men will be under the ground more than ever."" A lot of people are going to be killed,she said."We need to protest and try to change this law,it's just crazy."" Annie Winn,62,brought her 5 and 11 year old great grandchildren to listen to the speakers." ---------- The above aren't my words but direct quotes from the Pensacola News Journal.---- This makes me wonder about a few things. Are we (CCW'ers) being sterotyped as some kind of white supremicist racist ? A bunch of "good ol boys/bubba's white trash killers?? A group of people that will go out and start looking for a excuse to excerise our right to kill other people and then make BS excuses for doing it ?? I grew up here in Pensacola. I have never been a bigot and my father and his father likewise. I want to exercise my RIGHT to self defense. Why do these people(white and black) have to get the people stirred up again. It reminds me of school busing in the 60's(although it wasn't exactly the same). Oh well,----hope that I haven't got the rest of you kind folk as PO'ed as I have gotten over this. I just felt that the rest of you ought to be informed of how we are being sterotyped. This IMHO.------ Also for you Fla residents, the new inhanced version of the Castle Doctrin does not take effect until Oct.1,2005.

They probably feel that they have a right to be concerned. "White Mans Law" doesn't apply to them, and now a major source of their income could be affected. I feel their pain.

This is the same type of race baiting the libs are so well known for on every issue. This is the crap that Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton do all the time. The worst part of it all is that the largest perveyors of race baiting, racial division, and racism in general are not the Klan or Nazis but the "black leadership". They are true slime that profit from the hardships of others and are some of the worst people on this Earth. Sellouts them all.
    --------------------------
    Rantings of a Right Wing Nutjob
    NRA Member
    GOA Member
    VCDL Member
    USCCA Member

H&K USPc 9mm
    Para P-14 .45
    Para Warthog .45
    Bulgarian Makarov 9x18Mak
    Springfield Armory XD-9 Subcompact
    Walther P-22 3.4"
    Ruger 10/22 .22
    Smith and Wesson 642 .38 +P

VIP Member
    Anti-gunners will use any means at their hands to ensure we don't have our rights, even if that means employing the most lowdown and dirty of tactics, lying and smearing the good names of honest, law-abiding citizens everywhere. The ACLU is notorious for ignoring the right to keep and bear arms.

While playing the race card is hardly a new tactic, it doesn't make me any less angry when it's used. I've been called a racist on more than one occasion, merely because I'm a gun owner.

So what are these antis doing? Defending burglars because they may be black. Defending home invasions because the perps may be black. Defending rapists because they may be black. To them, it seems if a black man is shot while in the process of a crime on someone else's property, it must be because he's black, not because he's a burglar or a rapist or a thug. Who's the racist now?

I don't care if you're black, white, yellow, brown, or purple with green spots - don't break into people's houses. And any color of person has the right to defend their homes and lives.
    "Americans have the will to resist because you have weapons. If you don't have a gun, freedom of speech has no power." - Yoshimi Ishikawa

My take on this is to use equal force in a defensive mode. I believe the anti's are interpreting this as an attack and not actually learning what it really is. This is to stop an agression and not the other way around. As for the black male statement; are they indicating that it is the black male that will be the aggressor or home invader? If so, maybe this would be a lesson on not invading a home or attacking anyone. Not a racist issue but for anyone involved.

i'm not racist or sexist. if a person or persons are trying to harm me or mine, i don't care what race/sex they are. equal opportunity defense is spoken here.

Quote Originally Posted by craig45
    i'm not racist or sexist. if a person or persons are trying to harm me or mine, i don't care what race/sex they are. equal opportunity defense is spoken here.

+1.

Administrator

What We Want!!!

We want to break into your house and rob you (or worse) but we don't wanna get shot while we're doing it????
    That makes absolutely no sense.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

Lead Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by craig45
    You make them all the same race....... EXTINCT
    Rick

EOD - Initial success or total failure

My guess is there are a fair number of black people who get into problems early in life and no longer qualify to own a firearm. Their leadership the NAACP is for gun control and it would seem against the constitution. I do have feelings for the poor black person unable to get a job because of education or lack of it, raising children at an early age and so on. I believe as a group they have failed to understand how to progress and make things better for their family. There are spots of very well educated blacks with nice homes and good jobs. The blck community understands solving issues by gathering and blaming somebody for their problems, their leaders must get money from the government to help lead them to God knows where. I really wish for a group of people that they would attack the issue which is gain an education early in life. After all my wandering I do believe a community that gains money by entering peoples homes will be afraid of laws benifiting a home owner/resident.
    I do not like to see any group of people held down in life because of their color or where they are from.
    As you slide down the banister of life,
    May the splinters never point the wrong way.
    ---
    NRA Life Member

Assistant Administrator
    I was going to ramble here (again) but I get so steamed up with so many aspects, probably better I desist!

As ever - ''them and us'' - forever thus. How great it would be if the true CCW could be seen as simply, an individual taking up their right of potential self defence. No need for ''attack'' to enter into it - that's what BG's do.

We would tho be well helped if the ''image'' of gunnies generally was less ''assault'', less ''tactical'', less ''sniper'' ........ less accent on camo and military wannabees. I dress always casual - very casual - but in essense am not especially different from most folks in my area - there's nothing that should really stereotype me in anti's minds at all - other than ol' phart!

Yet again tho I think - this is all about control anyways - not guns. Tell ya what tho - when the anti's find a good way to control crime and BG's then they might be doing something useful. Disarming stand up folks ain't the way to do THAT!

Drat - said I wouldn't ramble <mutter> ........
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

I do admit to not understanding one aspect of their argument about more blacks going to their grave. Is their main point that only blacks will be invading your home and you will shoot to defend yourself??? Naw, its all about gun control and gun control groups.
    If I were a guy that relied upon breaking into peoples homes for my living I would consult with family and friends for an opinion if this is still a viable way to earn my keep(read drug money).
    As you slide down the banister of life,
    May the splinters never point the wrong way.
    ---
    NRA Life Member

The so-called black leaders will use whatever is needed to stay in power and to feel important even if it means using racial tactics and demogogery. These people are just as bad if not worse then lib politikos.
    --------------------------
    Rantings of a Right Wing Nutjob
    NRA Member
    GOA Member
    VCDL Member
    USCCA Member

H&K USPc 9mm
    Para P-14 .45
    Para Warthog .45
    Bulgarian Makarov 9x18Mak
    Springfield Armory XD-9 Subcompact
    Walther P-22 3.4"
    Ruger 10/22 .22
    Smith and Wesson 642 .38 +P

Senior Member Array CombatEffective's Avatar
    So it's another case of white opressing the black? That is rediculous. Those speakers don't realize what they are actually saying about black males. Looks to me like they are saying that black males will die as a result of this law because black males will be the ones creating the threatening situation. Simple solution: if you don't want to get shot leave other folks alone.

Oh, and yes I believe that CCW folks are characterized as white racist by a lot of people. I'm a Chrerokee; so, I don't know where I fit in.
    Shooters' Legacy

Special sections for S&W and Ruger

I don't care if you're black, white, yellow, brown, or purple with green spots - don't break into people's houses. And any color of person has the right to defend their homes and lives
    how dare you?? you have too many violent tendancies! how do you know that the individual trespassing in your home is a threat? you cant just start shooting at the first thing that moves! blood in the streets! the sky is falling!

if there does happen to be an increase in bodies being buried, i'll put a shiny nickel on the increase being attributable to gangbanger-on-gangbanger rather than concerned citizen-on-peopleofcolor.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Sponsored Links