Yay! I can now renew by mail.

This is a discussion on Yay! I can now renew by mail. within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I got my notice in the mail that my permit expires in November. The last time it was ready to expire, I had to show ...

Thread: Yay! I can now renew by mail.

VIP Member

I got my notice in the mail that my permit expires in November. The last time it was ready to expire, I had to show up in person at the DMV. And wait in line. And wait. I hate waiting at the DMV.

This time they mailed a form to me and said I could renew by mail.
    "Americans have the will to resist because you have weapons. If you don't have a gun, freedom of speech has no power." - Yoshimi Ishikawa

Now that is cool... Next step, join the ranks of Indiana with a lifetime ccw permit!

I am hoping we can address that soon in Missouri! Renew by mail is a step in the right direction! Congrats Betty!
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Distinguished Member Array SonofASniper's Avatar
    At least you get a reminder. Here in Oregon, they don't bother to tell you so you have to rememer on your own.
    I will support gun control when you can guarantee all guns are removed from this planet. That includes military and law enforcement. When you can accomplish that, then I will be the last person to lay down my gun. Then I will carry the weapon that replaces the gun.

Senior Moderator
    Yeah, I really like renewing by mail
    A real man loves his wife, and places his family as the most important thing in life. Nothing has brought me more peace and content in life than simply being a good husband and father.

okay, please ignore this post.
    Last edited by jualdeaux; August 25th, 2007 at 07:59 AM.

Renew

Minnesota requires to take the 5 hour course every 5 years for $100 plus $75 permit fee!!

Glad to hear that Betty! When I first applied for my permit it took three hours to make it through the waiting line (since there are only TWO testing centers in Davidson County that handle CHPs) so I wasn't looking forward to the renewal process. Mailing it in will be MUCH easier.
    Jack

Every 5 years I get to be finger painted and then write a check for $85 so they can do a background check, again!! Oh well it is well worth the money!!
    When Seconds Count, The Cops Are Just Minutes Away!!
    Carry On!
    NCHornet

Renewal in FL is by mail also...only took 11 days, door to door!
    Certainly does make it easy...
    Now waiting for the lifetime permits to be invented...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by Bark'n View Post
    Now that is cool... Next step, join the ranks of Indiana with a lifetime ccw permit!

I am hoping we can address that soon in Missouri! Renew by mail is a step in the right direction! Congrats Betty!
    Yes, the "Lifetime handgun Permit" is pretty handy and simple!!! Only costs $125 for first time applicants, $70 if you already have the 4yr permit.
    Kahr CW9
    Sig P239/9mm
    Ruger LC9 (when the girlfriend lets me carry her gun)

"First Duty is To Remember"

Yes, so far, Missouri has some pretty good ccw laws.

Castle doctrine just passed, Katrina Act just passed, No requirement to inform LEO unless directly asked, Able to ccw in restaurants who serve alcohol as long as 51% revenue derived from food, Businesses must post with State Approved signage or it's not applicable, violation of posted places are not a crime, just a fine if you don't leave peaceably, and if you are 21 years of age, you may now carry a loaded concealed pistol in your car even if you don't have a ccw permit. Renewals don't require additional handgun training or classes.

All good things as far as I'm concerned.

On tuesday, a new law goes in effect that drops the requirement of going to the local sheriff to get a permit and background check in order to purchase handguns. With the national instant check, they felt that requirement is now antiquated and redundant.

We also recognize ccw from anyone with ccw permit in their home state. (Equal opportunity here. No ******* match with states who feel their ccw laws are better than ours and won't accept our ccw permit).

Now we just need to strengthen "castle doctrine" to include "anyplace you have a legal right to be" even on public streets; instead of just inside structures such as your home, hotel/motel room, RV, car or tent.

And add a lifetime ccw permit and we'll be all set!
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Bark'n,
    Indiana has everything that you have (except the who serve alcohol, and the sign things, no restrictions) and everything that you all want.
    Now Missouri and Indiana need to get together and work on the Illinois thing that is between us!!! Baaad Illinois they ruin the mid-west!!!
    Kahr CW9
    Sig P239/9mm
    Ruger LC9 (when the girlfriend lets me carry her gun)

"First Duty is To Remember"

Yep... Illinois is Horrible! Don't see any changes there in the short term either.

Thank god it's a skinny state and I can drive though it on I-70 in about an hour and a half or so.

Don't even need to stop for gas if I top-off in St. Louis or Terre Haute before entering the state.

I can lock up my gun there too before entering "The Twilight Zone!"
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

Sponsored Links