2A travellers guide

This is a discussion on 2A travellers guide within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; A few weeks ago, I was travelling through Nebraska. I filled with gas, and as I approached the entrance, there was a big red sign ...

Thread: 2A travellers guide

2A travellers guide

A few weeks ago, I was travelling through Nebraska. I filled with gas, and as I approached the entrance, there was a big red sign on the door stating No Cealed Carry and an explanation that businesses had the right to deny CCW on their premises. I returned to my vehicle and removed my CCW piece and then entered to pay. I won't shop there again.
    I don't have the know-how, but it would be great to create a web-site to list gun friendly business and anti-gun businesses so the traveller can support those businesses that support 2A. I would gladly shop those places that support 2A. And beyond that, I would gladly send a letter to the manager of those stores to let them know why I patronize them. I would also gladly send letters to any anti-2A business to let them know they were "on the list" and that I won't patronize them.
    Any thoughts on this?

2. Remove Ads

I have the know how and the resources to create it.

If folks here like the idea and would provide submissions for the lists, I would be more than happy to create, implement, and maintain such a site.

There would be an online form for submissions which would feed a database. I would envision the lists being broken down by state and city.

What does everyone think?

Ken
    "The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him,
    but because he loves what is behind him."

- G.K. Chesterton [ 1874 - 1936 ]

Distinguished Member Array BIG E's Avatar
    This has been discussed here several times.

It think it's a great idea, but it's never gotten off the ground.
    Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft!

-- Theodore Roosevelt --

I think its a great idea, and I concur on the state and city breakdown. We need to support those who support us. And boycott those who don't support us.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Fultonian View Post
    I have the know how and the resources to create it.

If folks here like the idea and would provide submissions for the lists, I would be more than happy to create, implement, and maintain such a site.

There would be an online form for submissions which would feed a database. I would envision the lists being broken down by state and city.

What does everyone think?

Ken
    MoCarry for Missouri and the VCDL for Virginia both do this on a limited basis already.

IIRC MoCarry requires a picture of the no guns sign or correspondence from the business for verification. This helps cut down on folks getting into a urinating contest with a business and having them listed even if they don't have a sign (reduces potential legal liability). I believe VCDL has a similar requirement or has a ED verify with the business. That takes staff.

The Pink Pistols also have a list.

The Oregon list

There are others.

I think it is great that you would spend thousands of your own dollars a year to do this. Depending on the format you intend to use for gathering data you will either need staff or very good lawyers. Most likely some combination of both. You will of course need a lot of other things, but those jump out at me. Chat with Gary Slider of handgunlaw.us to see what you are getting in to. It may be illuminating.

Good luck.
    Procrastinators are the leaders of tomorrow.

Distinguished Member Array P7fanatic's Avatar

Cool

That would be great if there was a 'sticky' post listing by state/city and even nat'nl businesses that either supported concealed carry or denied it. I would be happy to show patronage for businesses that expressed suppport for 2nd Amendment rights. Plus I would have no qualms showing NO patronage to those businesses that restricted the carry rights of citizens.
    I wish there was one site that was accessable by concealed carriers that encompassed businesses nationwide and statewide showing their pro or anti stance/actions towards the concealed carry rights of law abiding citizens. I think that would allow honest law abiding citizens to flex some muscle for the cause of our 2nd Amendment rights.

GOOD GUN CONTROL Is Being Able To Hit Your Target!

tc

Check out Ohioccw.org

Ohio has an org. called Ohioans for Concealed Carry, and they have a list of business that are on the Do Not Patronize While Armed list. Members can add businesses to the list as they discover them. They also sell "No Guns No Money" cards that explain that businesses that post are criminal protection zones. This group has done a lot to advance our rights here in the Buckeye.

Thumbs up Minnesota business

There is one on http://www.mnccrn.com/forum/index.php
    My suggestion is to only list the anti businesses.

A national list would be great! That way all the information would be in one place. Starting it up would be a huge undertaking due to all the initial input. Once that was done, keeping it current would be much easier

Good idea...take it and run with it.
    Training means learning the rules. Experience means learning the exceptions.

i agree.....would be great to see a list of anti businesses and make it public for everyone to see. keep us posted on this.

Links