My momma is okay with CCW

This is a discussion on My momma is okay with CCW within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I've been carrying for almost a year. I had to go to the dreaded state of Illinois today and my mom was with me. She's ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: My momma is okay with CCW

VIP Member

I've been carrying for almost a year. I had to go to the dreaded state of Illinois today and my mom was with me. She's 74. We had to do alot of running around before we went to Illinois so I carried and decided I was just going to have to tell her I carried because of course I was going to have to disarm before going over the bridge.
    We got close to the bridge and asked " do you know I have a concealed weapons permit?" She said "no I dont guess so" like she was confused on what I was talking about. I told her I had a permit to carry a gun. She said "and you have one on you now" , I said yes and lifted my shirt to reveal my 642 in my Tucker cover up ( I love that holster ). She said "oh" ( like no big deal ). I told her the only reason I told her was because I couldnt carry in Ill-annoy.
    She asked alot of questions like she was really interested. Time would go by and she'd bring it up again. She asked alot of questions about the course I took, like "what did you have to shoot at and was it easy?" I kept waiting for her say she wanted to get her permit. I knew she'd be cool with it and understand. I wasn't a bit worried about telling her.
    On the way home on the radio Neal Bork was talking about the Virgina Tech shootings and other handgun related topics saying if someone had been allowed to carry a gun , it wouldnt have turned out the same. What timing.. She was interested and we talked about that. Yes I've got a cool momma.....
    SGT likes this.

VIP Member
    Sounds good. Asking questions is always a good sign. Keep up the positive influence.
    eschew obfuscation

The only thing that stops bad guys with guns is good guys with guns. SgtD

Administrator
    Yep, Cool Mom.
    Wouldn't you have flipped if she would taken her S&W LadySmith out of her purse & showed it to you?
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

VIP Member Array peacefuljeffrey's Avatar
    Cool.

Did you mean "Neal Boortz"?

He was on a local station here for a bit but isn't carried here anymore, unfortunately. I liked him. Would occasionally talk about gun rights, and also about flying (since he's a pilot).

Now you need to get your 'mama' a gun...and some range time...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by robere View Post
    She's 74. On the way home on the radio Neal Bork was talking about the Virgina Tech shootings and other handgun related topics saying if someone had been allowed to carry a gun , it wouldnt have turned out the same. What timing.. She was interested and we talked about that. Yes I've got a cool momma.....
    She's nobody's fool. Give her a hug, for all of us! At least some of her wisdom was passed down.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Mom's can be great, can't they! +1 for your momma!
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Senior Member Array AirForceShooter's Avatar
    Take her to the range.
    And don't be surprised if she outshoots you.

AFS
    Gun control is hitting what you aim at

You've got a good momma! Mine still thinks I'm a little boy (even though I'm 50). I haven't had to bring up guns yet, I'm in Texas and she's in Florida.
    Randy
    - - - - -
    Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside a dog, it's too dark to read. -Groucho Marx

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by peacefuljeffrey View Post
    Cool.

Did you mean "Neal Boortz"?

He was on a local station here for a bit but isn't carried here anymore, unfortunately. I liked him. Would occasionally talk about gun rights, and also about flying (since he's a pilot).
    Oh yeah , thats the guy, Never knew how to spell his name, only heard it on the radio. A guy that speaks good common sense.

VIP Member
    We usually shoot some firearms when the family gets together. Last time mom shot revolvers, semi-autos and an AR15. She said it was only the 2nd time she had ever fired a gun and the last time was over 40 years ago. She loved it. Yes I got a cool Mom. She has always been one to support good common sense decisions we have made.

Your Momma is cool about guns in general & your CCW in particular because she's a Bluegrass Belle. And likely, by your Illinois travel, a Pearl of the Jackson Purchase. For those of you unfamiliar with Kentucky Geography, that's the deep Western-most end of the State. Where common sense, common courtesy, and the idea of individual responsibility...are still common. God Bless your Momma, and the Commonwealth of Kentucky!
    There are only TWO kinds of people in this world; those who describe the world as filled with two kinds of people...and those who don't.

Quote Originally Posted by robere View Post
    Oh yeah , thats the guy, Never knew how to spell his name, only heard it on the radio. A guy that speaks good common sense.
    Neal Boortz is my favorite morning routine. He has a no-nonsense, very logical way about him. I would vote for him for president.
    ~~~the biggest deficit of the general public is a lack of personal accountability.. I have no one to blame for my actions, regardless of circumstances, except myself and by the same token I can hold no one else responsible for my protection and well being other than myself~~~

wanna trade moms?
    j/k i love my mom. she just cant get over the fact that all guns are evil killing machines about to just up and get you at any moment- even when unloaded, locked, and in a case.
    that is if its in her house. i still cant get over the fact that she went shooting with me and kinda liked it. but i bring a case with a gun in it in her house and she flips her lid
    *sigh*
    well your lucky.

I'm from the south......

My Moma packed till her eyesight got too bad. She's 85......
    Last edited by tankdriver; August 28th, 2007 at 07:45 PM.
    1942 M3 Autocar Half-track...M3A1 Diamond T Half-track...57mm Anti-Tank Cannon

NRA Endowment Member...President West TN Military Vehicle Collectors...MVPA Member

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links