The Hypocrisy of Sylvester Stallone

This is a discussion on The Hypocrisy of Sylvester Stallone within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; http://blog.riflegear.com/articles/t...-stallone.aspx It seems Rambo has a CCW: In early June of 2007, Los Angeles County Sheriff Lee Baca was making headlines in the news because ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Hypocrisy of Sylvester Stallone

VIP Member

The Hypocrisy of Sylvester Stallone

http://blog.riflegear.com/articles/t...-stallone.aspx

It seems Rambo has a CCW:
    In early June of 2007, Los Angeles County Sheriff Lee Baca was making headlines in the news because of his role in the sensational "Paris Hilton goes to jail" story that was all over the media. This incident started a flurry of allegations that Sheriff Baca gave special and preferential treatment to the stars and celebrities of Los Angeles County. In one article that was published on the web, it was alleged that Sheriff Baca had issued concealed carry weapons permits (CCW) to Hollywood stars such as Sylvester Stallone and Ben Affleck.

The rumor that Sylvester Stallone was issued a CCW permit struck my interest as I had recently been made aware that he had attended a Los Angeles event sponsored by the Brady Center to Prevent Gun Violence. The "Brady Bunch", as they are commonly referred to by gun-rights advocates, are one of the most well known organizations that are lobbying to take away our rights as lawful gun owners. I was also learning that Stallone had been quoted in the past saying some very anti-gun statements, even advocating door to door gun confiscations! I found all of this terribly hypocritical.
    Some of Rambo's anti-gun comments:
    "Look at what's happening in America's inner-cities. If our hopeless legal system continues going the same liberal direction, there will be anarchy before long. We need one person in an influential position to stand up and tell the truth about gun control lobbies, the death penalty and that our criminal justice system basically stinks."
    Sylvester Stallone, interview in Cinefantastique magazine, June 1995

"until America, door to door, takes every handgun, this is what you're gonna have... It really is pathetic... We're livin' in the Dark Ages over there."
    Sylvester Stallone, March 28, 1998

"I know we use guns in films," but insisted the time has come "to be a little more accountable and realize that this is an escalating problem thatís eventually going to lead to, I think, urban warfare."
    Sylvester Stallone on Access Hollywood, June 8, 1998

"It [2nd Amendment] has to be stopped, and someone really has to go on the line, a certain dauntless political figure, and say, ĎItís ending, itís over, all bets are off. Itís not 200 years ago, we donít need this anymore, and the rest of the world doesnít have it. Why should we?"
    Sylvester Stallone on Access Hollywood, June 8, 1998
    Quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit, occidentis telum est.-Seneca

"If you carry a gun, people will call you paranoid. If I have a gun, what do I have to be paranoid about?" -Clint Smith

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." -Jeff Cooper

2. Remove Ads

Normally I'd say who gives a care about a Hollyweird person as they are n't known for being smart muchless connected to reality outside of their own gated fences.
    But, in this case with Sylvester he actually is a smart man in general as based on his record.

Oddly though his statements and assertions above conflict each other (statement 1), are ignorant of historical modern day fact (statement 2), hypocritical (statement 3), and is both un-American as well as short sighted (statement 4).

- Janq
    "Killers who are not deterred by laws against murder are not going to be deterred by laws against guns. " - Robert A. Levy

"A license to carry a concealed weapon does not make you a free-lance policeman." - Florida Div. of Licensing

I love how in one breath he can hammer the liberals for their court system, and praise them for advocating gun control.

Just goes to show that a friend can be an enemy as well.
    "A simple way to take measure of a country is to look at how many want in ... And how many want out." British Prime Minister Tony Blair

Stallone's attitude is about par for Hollywood folks...they'll make a ton of money with "gun movies", but don't want individuals to be able to defend themselves from those "characters" they seem to glamorize. Are they hypocrites or just leaning towards the world's oldest profession?
    noli nothis permittere te terere...

At least it seems that Ben Afleck doesn't agree with him.

He was on the tube a while back on a discussion type show when the topic of gun control came up. He was the lone voice who said that he had to disagree because he believed in the right of people to keep and bear arms.

He said that he thought the 2nd Amendment meant exactly what it said.

For me this was a Catch 22. I have never liked Afleck's movies much but after hearing this, I guess I need to re-watch some of 'em.

As for Stallone, he's just another Jody Foster, Tim Robbins elitest. Some things are good for him but us peasants can't be trusted.
    fortiter in re, suaviter in modo (resolutely in action, gently in manner).

pmt
    it was alleged that Sheriff Baca had issued concealed carry weapons permits (CCW) to Hollywood stars such as Sylvester Stallone .....
    The rumor that Sylvester Stallone was issued a CCW permit...
    I'm not a big Stallone fan, but before you tar & feather him for being a hypocrite..........allegations & rumors are just that. If he's an anti, so be it. The list is long.
    USP9 CUSTOM SPORT (X2)
    HK34FTCB
    P7PSP
    Left handed compliment:
    "...if one is going to carry an underpowered pistol he should carry the neatest and handiest one available, and that is the Heckler & Koch P7."- Col. Jeff Cooper

Distinguished Member Array P7fanatic's Avatar

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by PaulG View Post
    As for Stallone, he's just another Jody Foster, Tim Robbins elitest. Some things are good for him but us peasants can't be trusted.
    Robbins, Sarandon and Glover, among others, are already on my list of Hollywood actors that get no money from me. I don't go to see any of their movies. Looks like Stallone is added ot the list.

Quote Originally Posted by pmt View Post
    I'm not a big Stallone fan, but before you tar & feather him for being a hypocrite..........allegations & rumors are just that. If he's an anti, so be it. The list is long.
    go over to californiaccw.org and take a look over there. one of the LA County members did a PRA request and got a copy of his app. he definitely applied for a permit, although issuance is stil confidential.

edit: i saw this on californiaccw.org yesterday, but it's actually posted over at calguns. here's the link. http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...ad.php?t=67134

You guys are missing the point here.

They need them because when their armed body guards are not around, what are they going to do..... Be like everyone else. THIS CANNOT HAPPEN... THEY ARE ON TV.

We need to keep ourselves in check. We are not famous and don't have the same rights as the 1st Class Citizens.... Now get back down below deck and shovel some more coal.
    NRA Rifle Coach
    NRA Pistol Instructor
    NRA Personal Protection In the Home Instructor

--- Some of the friendliest people I have ever talked to are gun owners and shooters and according to the gun activists we are the mass murders and felons of the nation???

VIP Member
    Yeah but Sly, OH! I'm sorry... Mr. Stallone, is famous and special ya know... if someone hurt or killed him why, it would be a blow to all of society! We're just ordinary expendable folks who nobody cares about... except at the box office!
    ALWAYS carry! - NEVER tell!

"A superior Operator is best defined as someone who uses his superior
    judgement to keep himself out of situations that would require a display of his
    superior skills."

Special things for special people?

If Stallone has a rare LA County CCW from Sheriff Baca, he probably justified his "need" for it (required in California) on the basis of his celebrity status attracting attention and threats from strange people who don't even know him. And it is probably true that Stallone, like John Lennon, does face more risk from this than non-celebrities do.

It is unfortunate that the CA "may issue" CCW system and the required "statement of need" probably makes it easier for a celebrity to qualify for a permit than the ordinary citizen. This system is unfair and should be reformed.

But Stallone is indeed a hypocrite if he has a CCW and carries, while preaching the anti-gun party line.

I'm guessing you didn't follow the link. I almost made the same mistake.

Follow the link and you'll find that he HAS a CCW permit!!

Quote Originally Posted by pmt View Post
    Proud Georgia Firearms Licensee
    Springfield Armory XD-9 Subcompact
    Seecamp LWS32
    Browning Buckmark
    Walther P22
    Bersa Thunder 380

wow!

I had no idea were living in the dark ages over here. LOL

He's a bum!
    Cheers,

Johnny Rebel

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Distinguished Member Array bandit383's Avatar
    ...and add steroid user...fake.

Rick

Quote Originally Posted by bandit383 View Post
    ...and add steroid user...fake.
    Bovine growth hormone (bGH) is what he uses currently, to be specific and accurate.
    But then so do a great many of people use GHB and anabolic steiroids too under legal prescription from doctors for any number of medical/health related reasons and to defeat the process of aging too.

I've got no issue personally with his use of whatever to maintain his physique which is requisite toward his body of work and profession.
    Besides the juice doesn't just make you blow up and be strong, one still has to put in the time and work to develop and maintain the gains. Otherwise nothing would happen at all.
    Physically he is not phony just scientifically enhanced & optimized, like his one time nemesis 'Ivan Drago' was. :p

- Janq
    "Killers who are not deterred by laws against murder are not going to be deterred by laws against guns. " - Robert A. Levy

"A license to carry a concealed weapon does not make you a free-lance policeman." - Florida Div. of Licensing

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links