Gun show carry...

Gun show carry...

This is a discussion on Gun show carry... within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I attended a recent gun show at a large venue and was asked by an LEO that was sitting at at table near the entrance ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Gun show carry...

Gun show carry...

I attended a recent gun show at a large venue and was asked by an LEO that was sitting at at table near the entrance if I had a weapon.
    Now, I know that it is not acceptable to carry a loaded firearm at a show, and was going to unload it before entering the show, but the lay-out of this place prevented that, and besides, if you are gonna be jacked, it will be in the parking lot going in and out of a gun show carrying your new purchases.
    So I handed my revolver to him and he was increduless that it was loaded, anyway I asked him to unload it and "band" it which he did, and then asked me if I had a permit to carry (I said yes).
    He then instructed me to "take the rounds to my vehicle" but did not ask to see my permit, which I thought was kinda strange, cause he could of busted me right then and there if I could'nt produce one....
    (guess I just look honest)
    When in doubt, wup it out....

Gun shows that ban me from carrying my legally permitted gun don't get my business. Same for gun stores. It is hypocritical for a room full of vendors to try and sell me guns, ammo, and gun related items yet tell me they don't trust me in that same room. It is also not an insurance issue as some will try and tell you. There are plenty of shows that do not ban carry permit holders from carrying their guns. It's a trust issue, and they don't trust me even though I have the training and permit. If no permit holders showed up for their shows they would change their minds I think.
    DEMOCRACY IS TWO WOLVES AND A LAMB VOTING ON WHAT TO HAVE FOR LUNCH. LIBERTY IS A WELL ARMED LAMB CONtestING THE VOTE.

Certified Instructor for Minnesota Carry Permit
    NRA Pistol and Personal Protection Insrtuctor
    Utah Permit Certified Instructor

Quote Originally Posted by havegunjoe View Post
    Gun shows that ban me from carrying my legally permitted gun don't get my business. Same for gun stores. It is hypocritical for a room full of vendors to try and sell me guns, ammo, and gun related items yet tell me they don't trust me in that same room. It is also not an insurance issue as some will try and tell you. There are plenty of shows that do not ban carry permit holders from carrying their guns. It's a trust issue, and they don't trust me even though I have the training and permit. If no permit holders showed up for their shows they would change their minds I think.
    Why would people who don't know you, trust you?
    Never criticize a man until you've walked a mile in his shoes...that way, when you criticize him, you're a mile away and you have his shoes.

Quote Originally Posted by Headshot View Post
    I attended a recent gun show at a large venue and was asked by an LEO that was sitting at at table near the entrance if I had a weapon.
    Now, I know that it is not acceptable to carry a loaded firearm at a show, and was going to unload it before entering the show, but the lay-out of this place prevented that, and besides, if you are gonna be jacked, it will be in the parking lot going in and out of a gun show carrying your new purchases.
    So I handed my revolver to him and he was increduless that it was loaded, anyway I asked him to unload it and "band" it which he did, and then asked me if I had a permit to carry (I said yes).
    He then instructed me to "take the rounds to my vehicle" but did not ask to see my permit, which I thought was kinda strange, cause he could of busted me right then and there if I could'nt produce one....
    (guess I just look honest)
    Trust me, I used to live in the Orlando/Sanford area and there are a lot of bubba idiots that I would NOT want to be around if they were repeatedly fondling their guns. ESPECIALLY at a gun show where frequent handling of firearms occurs. Every gun show I've been to in Florida (from Pensacola to Jax to Miami), including the ones at the Orlando Fairgrounds, allowed you to unload, zip tie the gun and carry it with you into the show. You were always allowed to collect your ammo and once outside the building, simply re-load. So, now you don't have to worry about being "jacked" on your way back through the parking lot.

I don't go to gun shows. To many confederate flags and Nazi paraphernalia.

Yes, I understand that the confederate flag and Nazi paraphernalia are more likely to be viewed as military history by the majority of white America, and are not, in and of them selves, racial. Unfortunately I also believe that the Brady Bunch likes to portray gun owners as a bunch of red neck hicks, with little sense and questionable morals. Which is an argument that's hard to counter with eating fried pork rinds (yes I love them too), with a confederate hat on your head and a swastika tattoo.

Quote Originally Posted by Deacon51 View Post
    So, do you also avoid museums and or national parks (aka Gettysburg) because Confederate and/or Nazi stuff might be displayed along with firearms, too?

Quote Originally Posted by Headshot View Post
    Now, I know that it is not acceptable to carry a loaded firearm at a show
    I find it very acceptable to be armed at a show.

1943 - 2009

When you’re wounded and left on Afghanistan’s plains,
    And the women come out to cut up what remains,
    Just roll to your rifle and blow out your brains,
    And go to your God like a soldier.

Rudyard Kipling

Terry

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Crunch View Post
    ...and my answer is still the same...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Distinguished Member Array P7fanatic's Avatar

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Deacon51 View Post

Unfortunately I also believe that the Brady Bunch likes to portray gun owners as a bunch of red neck hicks, with little sense and questionable morals.
    Which is an argument that's hard to counter with eating fried pork rinds (yes I love them too), with a confederate hat on your head and a swastika tattoo.
    First of, the Brady Bunch seem ignorant to me because they base their opinions and agenda on their feelings and emotion rather than logic and fact.
    Secondly, do you really see many people up in Maryland wearing confederate hats that have a swastika tatoo also? I've lived in the south my whole life, exept while in Europe, and can't remember ever seeing someone with a confederat hat or flag that also had a swastica tatoo. I guess I lead a sheltered life.
    Oh and there's nothing the matter with fried pork rinds. They eat them in Europe also.

VIP Member
    Guess you don't go to many gun shows,hey.

If no permit holders showed up for their shows they would change their minds I think.

Well, since the latest unscientific survey I have seen (on AOL today) indicates about 58% of people that responded own guns, and last I heard concealed permit holders are about 3% of the population, I don't think we would be missed.

Me thinks that more than 3% of the attendees of gun shows are concealed permit holders...

Don't know for sure - no statistics to back it up - just seems reasonable to me...
    "The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him,
    but because he loves what is behind him."

- G.K. Chesterton [ 1874 - 1936 ]

It's all a liability thing. No loaded firearms & no loose ammo. I personally have no problem with that. Reason is we are usually handling & letting others handle the firearms that we bring for various reasons. Now, the flip side is that we can go in purchase a firearm, go over to the ammo table and buy up some ammo. Now we have loose ammo. Accidents happen at gun shows - and they (the promoters & building owners) are just trying to limit their liability by complying with their insurance company's under writing policies. Will it protect everyone from another accident? Nope

Quote Originally Posted by P7fanatic View Post
    First of, the Brady Bunch seem ignorant to me because they base their opinions and agenda on their feelings and emotion rather than logic and fact.
    Secondly, do you really see many people up in Maryland wearing confederate hats that have a swastika tatoo also? I've lived in the south my whole life, exept while in Europe, and can't remember ever seeing someone with a confederat hat or flag that also had a swastica tatoo. I guess I lead a sheltered life.
    Oh and there's nothing the matter with fried pork rinds. They eat them in Europe also.

First, I agree 100%... the Brady Bunch is completely ignorant of firearms, which is why they are so opposed to them.

Okay... the hat AND the tattoo might have been a little bit of an overstatement... but one or the other isn't too uncommon. I grew up in Tennessee, spent a lot of time in FL and VA wile in the Navy, and I'm now in Maryland. There are 'Rednecks' here, in high numbers, but there are a lot more of the 'enlightened' Brady Bunch types.

Last, I love Fried Pork Rinds... I know a place down in Mississippi that make them fresh and serves them HOT... nothing better than Fresh Pork Rinds and a Bud Light... but that's not the point.

And to the poster that asked about museums... as I said in my post, I understand there is nothing racial in the displaying of a Confederate Battle Flag or Nazi paraphernalia, as a matter of fact, I grew up in a home that Flew a Confederate Battle Flag under the American Flag in the front yard for years... it was replaced with the Confederate National Flag back in the 90's, but it still flies today. And wile I don't own any Nazi paraphernalia, I am a major WWII history buff, and I have a collection of Luftwaffe and Kriegsmarine models.

My point was that these things are not PC according to the 'enlightened ones' and often used by people like thee Rev. Jessee Jackson to support his arguments that guns are the domain of a armed, white, redneck... and therefore a threat to Blacks, which they should oppose.

I for one think a lot of our political issues could be resolved if we would do everything possible to be inclusive of minority's and women... and lets face it, confederate Flags and Swastikas do not portray a sense of inclusion and tolerance.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Links