Big thanks to Packinnova

This is a discussion on Big thanks to Packinnova within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I got transfered from DC to Hawaii, and we drove across country to drop of the car in Long Beach. While we were in the ...

Thread: Big thanks to Packinnova

Big thanks to Packinnova

I got transfered from DC to Hawaii, and we drove across country to drop of the car in Long Beach. While we were in the Texas Panhandle, we were really low on gas and stopped at this Texaco station to gas up.

A cute chick approched me and asked if I could do her a big favor and jump her car. She said she had cables and the car was behind the station. Something just didn't feel right about the situation and my wife even had a bad feeling about it. Both of my weapons were locked in back to be legal, so we finished gassing up and booked out.

Just as we were leaving, I noticed a guy at the other pump getting something out of the back of his truck and it looked to be a shotgun.

I read packinnova's posting about the "jump start" scam in Leesburg and that probally save us from getting robbed or killed.

Thanks for the heads up!!
    This message approved by the ATF, supporting your right to get drunk, have a smoke, and go shootin!

2. Remove Ads

Senior Member Array stanislaskasava's Avatar
    I'm glad you didn't fall for it. It's really a shame that you had to disarm yourself to be legal.

Sounds like this forum just might possibly have performed a public service.

Bob, welcome to Bumpers little home on the web. He has a big family and I am glad you and your wife survived that little incident without incident.

Problem is with those types of situations is that "we never know for sure" what may have happened. But don't let that disuade you!

Your gut told not only you, but your wife as well, that something wasn't right and you acted accordingly!

Great Job!

Again, welcome and hope you like it here and continue to post with us!

-Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Let's see...
    She's at a gas station with an attendant and phones, and has to ask strangers for a jump? What sounds fishy about that?

"Three of my cute girlfriends have two cases of beer in a van out back. We just need someone help us open some of the bottles...could you come out back and help us?"

Keep the yellowish-orange lights burning...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Glad it helped...And welcome to the forum. There's a wealth of knowledge here and it certainly isn't from me. Good folks from all walks of life have brought their information here for all of us to learn from.
    "My God David, We're a Civilized society."

"Sure, As long as the machines are workin' and you can call 911. But you take those things away, you throw people in the dark, and you scare the **** out of them; no more rules...You'll see how primitive they can get."
    -The Mist (2007)

ret, be right over, dude.... I got these cool talking bottle openers!

Bat'er, Up!
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

VIP Member
    WOW , Chalk up another one for this wonderfull site.

Senior Member Array f8lranger4x4's Avatar
    +1 to packinnova

Administrator

Thumbs up

packinnova ~~~~>

& glad that bobstr was able to avoid some real likely trouble.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

You and your wife listened to your "gut" and that is great. Your "gut" is more often than not the only warning signal you will get, and too often people choose to ignore it. Sorry to hear you are from DC and moving to Hawaii as far as gun rights go. Those are two of the most restrictive places to be unfortunately.
    DEMOCRACY IS TWO WOLVES AND A LAMB VOTING ON WHAT TO HAVE FOR LUNCH. LIBERTY IS A WELL ARMED LAMB CONtestING THE VOTE.

Certified Instructor for Minnesota Carry Permit
    NRA Pistol and Personal Protection Insrtuctor
    Utah Permit Certified Instructor

VIP Member
    +1 good eyes and good awareness
    Turn the election's in 2014 to a "2A Revolution". It will serve as a 1994 refresher not to "infringe" on our Second Amendment. We know who they are now.........SEND 'EM HOME. Our success in this will be proportional to how hard we work to make it happen.

did you call the police?
    Never criticize a man until you've walked a mile in his shoes...that way, when you criticize him, you're a mile away and you have his shoes.

Links