Defensive Carry banner

Do you have Gun Related Bumper Stickers on you car?

• Yes, I have bumper stickers on my car that suggest gun-ownership and/or CCW

Votes: 50 21.9%
  • I don't have any gun-related bumper stickers on my car

Votes: 175 76.8%
  • I have pro gun-control bumper stickers on my car!

Votes: 3 1.3%

Bumper Stickers

12K views 107 replies 85 participants last post by  KMBRTAC45 
#1 ·
Just wondering how many members have bumper stickers that suggest gun ownership and or CCW.

I'm conflicted about this, on the one hand it gives away information to thieves about possible guns in the car (although I try to never leave gun in the car somtimes I have to), on the other I like the idea of spreading the message that gun-owners are OK etc etc.

#2 ·
I have an NRA sticker and "Charleton Heston is my president" on my car. As well a US Army Special Forces

#4 ·
I never could understand paying thousands of dollars for a car and then slapping adhesive graffiti all over it. Plus, if a thief is savvy, he can follow you home and then wait until you're gone to break in and look for the guns you advertised.

Aside from that, I live in a section of the country where people feel compelled to express their opinions in such ways as to vandalize your vehicle if they disagree with you. At PSU, numerous cars bearing Pro Bush bumper stickers were scratched and otherwise defaced. It's just not worth it to me.

#5 ·
I used to have NRA stickers, and gun racks on last truck but, sadly, decided that tho this area is pretty gun friendly I was no longer going to advertize my affinity for anything shooting.

Part of that is as an anti-theft measure - part also is to not be declaring that I ''might have guns'' in my abode. Further - it maybe even makes my CCW that bit more concealed!

The better side of me wants to speak (shout!) out loud - ''I am a gun owner'', ''I am a shooter'', and proud of it, but discretion has gotten the better of me and as I said that saddens me but having taken a hard look I prefer now to be plain ol' Mr Incognito.

The only obvious things on my truck are POW/MIA and ''Support our troops'' magnetic bows.

Oh - I do have a Leer/Browning cap - with a lockable rifle compartment in the roof, but that is so subtle few folks even notice! Good place to let one of the SKS's live quietly!!

#7 ·
I've never understood plastering stickers all over a pricey vehicle, though my first car was covered in them. It was a '79 fairmont wagon in baby blue, with the odometer rolled before I got it. I saw no problem with decorating it.
Now, I only do stickers on the rear window of my truck. The family vehicle remains stickerless.
My truck has an NRA sticker. Most homes here are assumed to have guns, rather than the opposite.

#8 ·
I don't do stickers. Advertising anything attracts attention.

I did keep my req'd sticker from a former college, as I can still access the parking next to the library with it. The college I attend now has hang tags.

I made damn sure my mom got the handicapped hang tag instead of license plate - eldery/ handicapped folks like her best friends have been followed from Drug store, or grocery and attacked in their own carport.

Classmate was stalked and scared half to death. Her Apt required a parking sticker, easy to figure out where that attractive lady lived and easier to stalk.

I stopped that practice , not quick enough tho'. Right before my classmate moved from there, a lady was attacked in the parking lot - she still had the "required" Apt complex parking sticker on her car.

Another classmate was stalked, her mom got her a vanity plate , with her name for front of her new vehicle. The BGs spotted it and waited to see what she looked like. Liked what they saw and started stalking it seems.

Well ...there was that one time I assisted with a dummy in the trunk of a buddies car "Mother In-Law in Truck ? sign in back window. MIL had embezzled funds from the family business...

He divorced the daughter for other insane activites,and gave two weeks notice to accept another job. For his last week of employement there it was a hoot tho' with his car in the parking lot.. :tongue:

#14 ·
No stickers on my car. My wife has a 'honor roll' sticker on her mini-van (yeah, I know...) If I were to put stickers on my car, they'd not be pro2a, in any case. Why advertise a target?

#17 ·
I typically abhor putting stickers on my vehicle....even made the dealer take off their name on last two trucks I bought....however, I did put an NRA sticker on my camper window....after hearing ya'lls responses, I may take it off....it isn't really big enough as an "advertisement of support" but it could draw the "wrong" attention. :redface:

#18 ·
Near forgot - my flippant contribution to bumper sticker category is (encouraged by my step kids - well just a bit!) ..... front licence plate position is taken up by ......

Suckin' gas, and haulin' a$$''!!!! :biggrin: :rolleyes:

#21 ·
Prospector said:
I typically abhor putting stickers on my vehicle....even made the dealer take off their name on last two trucks I bought....
Prospector,

Thank you! I thought I was the only one in the world that refuses to do free advertising (not to mention that it clutters up the vehicle).

I'm also with the rest of you - while I'd like to show support, there's too much of a down side. One exception: I recently passed a pickup that had a single white oval sticker on it with "RKBA" in black letters. I figure not many people outside the pro-second amendment crowd would know what it meant, and I'd consider one of those if I knew where to get one.

SSKC

#22 ·
single white oval sticker on it with "RKBA" in black letters.
Ahhh - now that I would like and display - it is well subtle and a bit like a ''Molon Labe'' hat or t-shirt.

Also like too (fun suit on here!) - as Tourist will know and any folks who have been to Sturgis - the pin (one I wear proudly on my leather jacket) . ''DILLIGAF'' !!!!! LOL. :biggrin:

Reactions: PJR202
#24 ·
I never put any bumper stickers on the car. I don't like to advertise anything. Besides, most of the time I ride my scooter. No room for one on it.

#26 ·
I'm so tacky at times...

Some young folks were being - well young folks at a IHOP where some classmates I went to eat after a late night class.

Now some folks know what a AA sticker looks like. I saw some friends of mine in AA in IHOP and sure enough on some vehicles and motorcyles there were these stickers.

I "mentioned" them folks were Delta Operators, and if they knocked over that Harley they would get their butt kicked. :biggrin:

I also mentioned the bells under the Bikes were to keep away the road gremlins.

Young folks decided to hang in another area away from the bikes. My 65 y/o Dr. Buddy - the one with the Harley. "Damn, when did I get drafted into Delta Force, I was in the Army Nat'l Guard out of HS...damn how did I miss this?

Must have been during one of his blackouts I suggested...we had a big laugh over this IHOP deal.

Now you know where the Delta folks go for waffles at 11 pm. :wink:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.