Defensive Carry banner

Anyone here wear Dragonfly shirts?

3K views 17 replies 14 participants last post by  Andrew S 
#1 ·
I've been looking at Dragonfly shirts lately thinking they may be a good cover shirt of an IWB holster. I'm looking to find out how they run size wise. Should I buy my normal size, one size smaller, one size larger, or what? Thanks in advance for any help offered.

Shabo

#3 ·
Most Dragonfly button down shirts that I see are polyester. My experience with polyester, aloha, bowling, or guayabera shirts is they flap up too much in the breeze. For me, I find polyester does not conceal as good as cotton. In regards to sizing, I tend to wear my regular size, I have wide shoulders and shirts drape just right, I tried going up a size but the extra fabric would bunch up around the grip of my pistol and the extra length of the shirt tails got in the way of my draw, but that is just me, everyone’s body is different. When it comes to the size of cover garment you have to see what works for you.

#10 ·
while reading this post I happened to glance at your pic to the side, it made me chuckle, thinking you asking the question and that dog doing that.. hah sorry its real early:danceban:

#15 ·
Those shirts would work out well if you looked like you belong on Monster Garage or work with Jesse James, but being a balding, fat, shaved headed white guy in his mid-30's, getting out of a station wagon, I think I would stand out like a sore thumb in a room full of hammers.

Now what I wear today is what I have worn for the last fifteen years (Hawaiian prints), and has kind of become my signature. I am the only one in my tiny little circle of friends that is nuts enough to wear some of the prints that you can find. One of my buddies thinks I am nuts when I wear some of those shirts to work.

I like the cottons too. The polys do tend to flap a little bit, but I have used fishing weights in the past to make the shirt hang naturally and not flag nearly as much.

#18 ·
I use to wear dragonfly clothing shirts all the time. They are nice thick shirts that held up to the wash well. Their sizing is slightly on the small side. If you are just barely into and XL they are fine but if you are approaching the limits of XL they will be too small.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.