Well that was dumb.....

Well that was dumb.....

This is a discussion on Well that was dumb..... within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Ok I did it. I admit. I went to the Brady Camp. website just for some laughs and head-shaking but now my blood pressure is ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Well that was dumb.....

Well that was dumb.....

Ok I did it. I admit. I went to the Brady Camp. website just for some laughs and head-shaking but now my blood pressure is sky high. I understand the use of emotion to sway public opinion. Unfortunately most people today just accept what they read and don't think about anything for more than a couple of seconds. It wasn't the use of emotion that got me; it was the out and out untruths. I started to read the No Gun Left Behind pdf that is on the site, and I just about got sick after less than 10 pages.

Here's a couple of the more blatant ones:

....including .50 caliber rifles, powerful enough to bring down a jet.
    Huh?

and this is the best of all:
    ...allowing students as young as 18 to possess and bring handguns onto school grounds.
    WAIT A GALL DARN SECOND!!!
    If you want to BS let's BS but don't just lie to the public. Last time I checked you had to be 21 to purchase a handgun. Federal law still trumps university policy, correct??
    (A person under age 18 may not possess a handgun or handgun ammunition, and it is illegal for a person to provide a handgun or handgun ammunition to a person under age 18, except for target shooting, hunting, or certain other exempted purposes. (Youth Handgun Safety Act, 1994))

Sorry about all this folks, I just needed to rant for a bit. Whew! I feel better already.........

medicevans.blogspot.com
    If there must be trouble, let it be in my day, that my child may have peace.
    --Thomas Paine December 19, 1776

The probability that we may fail in the struggle ought not deter us from the support of a cause we believe to be just.
    --Abraham Lincoln

http://jmm.aaa.net.au/articles/13226.htm

ok had to add this picture too. Wow I am still steaming. Now I can't sleep........

Yep that's right folks....if we can just keep everyone from bringing guns to school and knives and really sharp pencils and rocks and glass bottles and pointy sticks and not so pointy sticks and baseball bats and and and and.....then we can be really safe. Excuse me while I go back and stick my head in the sand. I've heard that if you close your eyes and say lalalalalalalalalala loudly all your problems go away.

THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!!
    If there must be trouble, let it be in my day, that my child may have peace.
    --Thomas Paine December 19, 1776

The probability that we may fail in the struggle ought not deter us from the support of a cause we believe to be just.
    --Abraham Lincoln

http://jmm.aaa.net.au/articles/13226.htm

Quote Originally Posted by Taurus111 View Post
    ....including .50 caliber rifles, powerful enough to bring down a jet.
    Huh?
    I think they are referring to shooting an albatross flying somewhere in the vicinity of the jet,which then falls lifeless right into the path of the jet intake and gets sucked in thereby slightly damaging the engine and possibly making them take a detour to the nearest airport to check out the slight vibration they felt.

with the end result........bringing down a jet
    ~~~the biggest deficit of the general public is a lack of personal accountability.. I have no one to blame for my actions, regardless of circumstances, except myself and by the same token I can hold no one else responsible for my protection and well being other than myself~~~

Distinguished Member Array SonofASniper's Avatar
    Yea, I made that mistake once. Try playing the children's educational game on there. At first it started to make me more ill, but then I started choosing all of the options that the brady campaign hates and I started feeling better about myself.

I have also found that a good cure after viewing their website is to become a member of the gun a month club. Sarah Brady once commented that all gun owners should be limited to purchasing only one gun a month. I didn't know that I was supposed to be purchasing so many, so hence I have struggled to meet Sarah Brady's goal for all gun owners to buy at least a gun a month. Thanks for enlightening me! I have felt much better since I have been getting in compliance.
    I will support gun control when you can guarantee all guns are removed from this planet. That includes military and law enforcement. When you can accomplish that, then I will be the last person to lay down my gun. Then I will carry the weapon that replaces the gun.

Thumbs down

OMG. I just had to add this...

Plus, college gun owners are more likely than the average student to:

* Engage in binge drinking,
    * Need an alcoholic drink first thing in the morning,
    * Use cocaine or crack,
    * Be arrested for a DUI,
    * Vandalize property, and
    * Get in trouble with police.

Reason #4. Do We Really Want Guns in K-12 Classrooms?

* Even trained police officers, on average, hit their intended targets less than 20% of the time.
    * Arming teachers would likely make them the first targets in an attack, and could encourage attackers to increase their firepower or wear body armor.
    * More than 2,000 K-12 students are expelled each year for carrying guns to school. Do we really want armed teachers confronting them? What if a teacher shoots a student?

Yea... Pilots shouldn't have guns on airplanes either... God for bid if they shoot a passenger with a weapon with the intent to harm other people.

Where in the world do they come up with this crap?!?

Quote Originally Posted by jcheinaman View Post
    Where in the world do they come up with this crap?!?
    Same place any organization gets their propaganda. They make it up

The Brady Campaign Office is located on a big cattle farm...they have plenty of material to keep 'dishing out' to the public...IDIOTS!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

This bunch seems to run on the saying, "Ends justifiy the means".
    The anti gun zealots aren't really interested in the truth or facts...just in obtaining their unreasonable goal.
    Who are they aiming this at? Hint:
    A woman must not depend on protection by men. A woman must learn to protect herself.
    Susan B. Anthony
    A armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one has to back it up with his life.
    Robert Heinlein

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SonofASniper View Post
    I have also found that a good cure after viewing their website is to become a member of the gun a month club. Sarah Brady once commented that all gun owners should be limited to purchasing only one gun a month. I didn't know that I was supposed to be purchasing so many, so hence I have struggled to meet Sarah Brady's goal for all gun owners to buy at least a gun a month. Thanks for enlightening me! I have felt much better since I have been getting in compliance.
    Gun-a-month-club......I've been doing that too, it's a great idea. I think one of the best ways to counter website and BS stuff like that is to invite a friend, relative, or co-worker, etc to the range for some shooting. In other words they are your guest. The person you invite might be somewhat anti-gun, neutral, or just doesn't know much. Let them shoot, give them some safety tips, pointers, etc and GET THEM ON OUR SIDE, and help them become pro-gun. You don't have to try and sell them verbally, the shooting and gunsmoke will do it. There's strength in numbers folks, and those numbers out there are either for us or against us. I don't ever want to see video of a chop saw cutting up confiscated guns from law-abiding citizens in this country.
    Turn the election's in 2014 to a "2A Revolution". It will serve as a 1994 refresher not to "infringe" on our Second Amendment. We know who they are now.........SEND 'EM HOME. Our success in this will be proportional to how hard we work to make it happen.

Quote Originally Posted by jcheinaman View Post

Plus, college gun owners are more likely than the average student to:

* Engage in binge drinking,
    * Need an alcoholic drink first thing in the morning,
    * Use cocaine or crack,
    * Be arrested for a DUI,
    * Vandalize property, and
    * Get in trouble with police.

Does it really say this?? Thats bordering on libelous to any gun owning college student.

Senior Member Array AirForceShooter's Avatar
    sorry at 18 , in some states, an 18 year old can buy and posess a gun. A hand gun. Can't buy it from an FFL but can through a private sale.
    Some states are still free.

AFS
    Gun control is hitting what you aim at

Distinguished Member Array Ghettokracker71's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AirForceShooter View Post
    sorry at 18 , in some states, an 18 year old can buy and posess a gun. A hand gun. Can't buy it from an FFL but can through a private sale.
    Some states are still free.

AFS

+1. In virginia its fully legal to possess a handgun at age 18, you cannot buy a handgun from a licensed FFL dealer under 21, and cannot purchase handgun ammunition. HOWEVER I have searched,and searched,and cannot find a bit of law that says POSSESION of handgun ammo under 21 is illegal. In Virginia, I can actually LEGALLY open carry a firearm.

That being said, stay off bradys website. I went over there,and had to click off before 2 or 3 minutes because I was getting so mad.

"To blame a gun for a mans decision is to foolishly attribute free will to an inanimate object"- Colion Noir.

Senior Member Array AirForceShooter's Avatar
    Always know what your enemy is doing.
    It's just smart. Repulsive but smart.

AFS
    Gun control is hitting what you aim at

Quote Originally Posted by Fragman View Post
    Does it really say this?? Thats bordering on libelous to any gun owning college student.
    Yea... It really says that. go to their website and click on the anti gun college picture to the right and scroll down.

The Brady bunch use lies & miss-information to trick people into taking their bait. They even use the published ATF Trace reports to make incorrect statements based on the false assumption that all traces are only done on guns involved in violent gun related crime. I took a look at the trace data for Arizona just as an example & only 11% of the traces were reported as investigations related to Homicides & Aggravated Assault. Just by being a gun traced during a Homicide investigation does not even mean that the gun was used to murder - it could also be traced for a justified homicide like self defense. Also many traces take place many times on the same gun for the same investigation by different officers or departments, or the same officer after the first result is lost. By far the majority of the traces were traces not related to violent gun crime investigations at all - "found firearm", "possession of a weapon" "other offense" "dangerous drugs" etc. make up the majority of the gun traces. But you won't hear that from the Brady Folks, or their friends such as the not nearly a Million Moms, etc - they call every single gun trace a "gun crime"

I guess that their motto is that if the facts don't help your cause, make stuff up.
    My Blog: Dustin's Gun Blog

Memberships: NRA USCCA SAF GOA AZCDL NWSA

According to the National Safety Council, we are more likely to die in a bicycle accident or plane crash than an accidental gun shooting. We should ban bicycles & planes before banning guns.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links