First "Real" Carry Today!

This is a discussion on First "Real" Carry Today! within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I've been pocket carrying my 380 for awhile. Recently got an IWB holster for my XD40SC and been breaking it in around the house. Finally ...

Thread: First "Real" Carry Today!

First "Real" Carry Today!

I've been pocket carrying my 380 for awhile. Recently got an IWB holster for my XD40SC and been breaking it in around the house. Finally decided to try it out and went to Lowes and Wally World (of Course). Still got the feeling that everyone was making me and staring at the huge lump on my hip!

Used a CT MTAC with a big loose T-shirt covering. Don't have a real gunbelt yet, so I had to keep adjusting (which doesn't help to keep covert!). Going to take a few more trips to feel comfortable I guess.

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    OUTSTANDING!

You'll get used to it in time. Sheep wouldn't notice if you had a bazooka under your arm!
    ALWAYS carry! - NEVER tell!

"A superior Operator is best defined as someone who uses his superior
    judgement to keep himself out of situations that would require a display of his
    superior skills."

[QUOTE=Rustynuts;474419]I've been pocket carrying my 380 for awhile. Recently got an IWB holster for my XD40SC and been breaking it in around the house. Finally decided to try it out and went to Lowes and Wally World (of Course). Still got the feeling that everyone was making me and staring at the huge lump on my hip!

They have all kinds of new surgical techniques to get rid of unsightly lumps on one's hip today...
    You will be fine. Check yourself before you leave. Most folks will never give you a second thought, unless you keep that big lump. Then they will. Luck.
    I know, I know, you are smarter than me..just ask you..

Distinguished Member Array fotomaker57's Avatar
    Hurry and get a good belt ordered up. I promise it will make a world of difference.
    Mike
    The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.
    Thomas Jefferson

Distinguished Member
    After about 1 month you will feel naked with-out it. No one even gives a second look. Last week-end I carried around my family-parents, sis and brother exc. and not a one of them had a clue.

SleepingZ

Congrats...

With the right clothes, the right belt (important), and the right holster, you won't be made just walking around.

Learning to not lean over or commit other actions that otherwise compromise a good carry took me much longer to master.

Senior Moderator
    Try this belt.

I've had belts that have fallen apart in less than a weeks, this belt has lasted me MONTHS. I strongly recommend it.

Congrats on the permit. You'll find the carry rig that works for you.. and another, and another, and another.

I've got about 3-4 belts on order from the Beltman and K&D. Still waiting!

Quote Originally Posted by Thumper View Post
    OUTSTANDING!

You'll get used to it in time. Sheep wouldn't notice if you had a bazooka under your arm!

That's really true. I've stopped worrying about it as long as no part of my gun is actually uncovered.

No one is paying attention, and after you have the right belt and holster combination...you'll forget it's even there!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Try these guys for belts, there cheap and hand made. http://amishfarmmarketing.com/bllewobe.html

Quote Originally Posted by Rustynuts View Post
    Don't have a real gunbelt yet, so I had to keep adjusting ...
    A good belt and an exceptional holster make all the difference, for keeping the gun pulled in tightly against the body, avoiding shifting, not squeaking, and generally helping to keep you comfortable about its safety and security (so you won't feel compelled to fidget).

Congrats of the first time carry of the "big" gun.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

I really like the Galco SB9 dress belt (double thickness) in 1.25". It doesn't look like a 'gun' belt, is to my taste (simple but nice) and is VERY sturdy. The only downside is the price (but it's worth it), and I wish it also came in cordovan.

-john

Congratulations on your permit. It will become less noticeable over time and with a good gunbelt. I carry iwb with service model 40 cal xd. I never get a second look. The sheep are clueless.
    "Remember the first rule of gunfighting..."have a gun""

Links