My Boss

This is a discussion on My Boss within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; My boss who always makes sure I'm carrying and always gives me crap about being prepared. Came up to me and said. "Hey did you ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My Boss

NOVA...200 square miles surrounded by reality

My Boss

My boss who always makes sure I'm carrying and always gives me crap about being prepared. Came up to me and said.

"Hey did you bring your gun to work today?"
    My response Yes. WHY?

"Do you have another one by any chance?"
    NO, why?

"I forgot my gun today.

Ummmmm Sorry man.
    “Are you a thermometer or a thermostat, do you reflect or become what is happening in the room or do you change the atmosphere, reset the temperature when you come into the room”?--Chuck Swindoll

Its not about guns...Its about Freedom!

2. Remove Ads

You should have asked him for some paid time off to return home to get him one for the day, and took half the day off, with pay.
    Just remember that shot placement is much more important with what you carry than how big a bang you get with each trigger pull.
    www.ddchl.com
    Texas CHL Instructor
    Texas Hunter Education Instructor
    NRA Instructor

Assistant Administrator
    "Sir - I can rent you a spare at $50/hour"

("oh, and a promotion!")
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

I have and would loan a gun to a trusted few.

I would've given him/her my BUG if I trusted them. If not, "Empty Holster Time". Let him run around looking like a member of the "Rubber Gun Squad" from the old days.

Biker

Give that boss a big pat on the back for me for allowing you to carry. Believe me, that is not the norm in this country.
    Last edited by havegunjoe; September 12th, 2007 at 04:45 PM.
    DEMOCRACY IS TWO WOLVES AND A LAMB VOTING ON WHAT TO HAVE FOR LUNCH. LIBERTY IS A WELL ARMED LAMB CONtestING THE VOTE.

Certified Instructor for Minnesota Carry Permit
    NRA Pistol and Personal Protection Insrtuctor
    Utah Permit Certified Instructor

Thumbs up Boss

Boss usually equals $$$ unless your a LEO or employed @ VMI! You could have least run out to Wal-Mart and grabbed him a CO2 .177 pellet handgun! I saw one the other day, Glock copy, $40. I was tempted to tease my Glock enthusiasts at the range with it.

Kudos to your organization. Mine is German based so I have to carry Sig when driving around the Commonwealth (kidding). My company only states that we should not carry in one of our facilities nor in the presence of a client unless they are made aware of your CCW. I wish more AMERICAN companies would allow CCW's or just weapons in general. Many lives could be saved if some employers (THE MAN) wouldn't restrict our 2nd A rights!

NOVA...200 square miles surrounded by reality
    Quote Originally Posted by Savage View Post
    Boss usually equals $$$ unless your a LEO or employed @ VMI! You could have least run out to Wal-Mart and grabbed him a CO2 .177 pellet handgun! I saw one the other day, Glock copy, $40. I was tempted to tease my Glock enthusiasts at the range with it.

Kudos to your organization. Mine is German based so I have to carry Sig when driving around the Commonwealth (kidding). My company only states that we should not carry in one of our facilities nor in the presence of a client unless they are made aware of your CCW. I wish more AMERICAN companies would allow CCW's or just weapons in general. Many lives could be saved if some employers (THE MAN) wouldn't restrict our 2nd A rights!
    No hes a good guy just thought it was funny He was so quiet and like "hey need a favor?" type thing. Pellet gun good Idea, I might leave in the desk for emergencies like that next time.

Don't work at VMI I'm an alum nor am I a cop. However, when I was at the Institute every cadet (keydet) had an M14 with a bayonet in the room they all where missing the firing pins but still you could probably have used a paper clip for a one time jobby. We did have fully functional Colt and FN M-16's with 3 shot burst capability but they where in the armory along with the old M60's we used to wake up the Rats with. Unless you had a rank then you had a saber. I still never understood why the privates (me included) listened to the guys with the swords since we were the ones with the rifles.
    “Are you a thermometer or a thermostat, do you reflect or become what is happening in the room or do you change the atmosphere, reset the temperature when you come into the room”?--Chuck Swindoll

Its not about guns...Its about Freedom!

Distinguished Member
    Extra gun, no but I do have a couple of extra bullets you can have.

Sounds like a nice boss, and good place to work.

SleepingZ

You're at work?
    Your boss asks if you have another gun?
    Work has a copy machine, and you have your gun?
    Problem solved...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Cool

You're lucky to have a boss like that, too bad everyone doesn't have a boss like yours. I kinda do have, since I'm self-employed and talk to myself.

Administrator
    A good ending to that story.
    Now start carrying a back up and keep the boss happy.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

Nice boss that lets me carry, I think i would have to REALLY consider lending out a pistol. But, tried by 12 or carried by 6?
    "Like a muddied spring or polluted well is a righteous man who gives way to the wicked." -Proverbs 25:26

"If the thief is found breaking in, and he is struck so that he dies, there shall be no guilt for his bloodshed..." -Exodus 22:2

You got to like that boss.
    MNBurl

"If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking" - George S. Patton.

We don't hear enough about bosses like that, it's refreshing.
    "Remember the first rule of gunfighting..."have a gun""

I don't know where you work or what it is you do but I want to learn it and come to work for your boss too!

My Boss is very pro gun as well, has his carry permit and we would both carry at work if we could but the place has a no weapons policy and it is posted! Boils my blood every time I see that stupid sign when I walk in each morning. Maybe something else will come along soon and I won't have to look at that sign!
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links