Ever have anyone frighten by sight of gun

This is a discussion on Ever have anyone frighten by sight of gun within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Yesterday after picking up a few items at Lowe's I removed my high noon hidden alley holster with my XD 9 service and laid it ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Yesterday after picking up a few items at Lowe's I removed my high noon hidden alley holster with my XD 9 service and laid it on the passenger seat.
    This due to it is not that comfortable for driving. As it was near lunch time and my stomach was calling I went through a fast food drive thru. When I reached the window to pay the girl at the window ( 20s) reached out to take the money gasps and leaves About a minute later the manager comes to the window completes the order. He laughs and said the sight of the gun in a holster on the seat frighten "Cindy"
    I never realized just the sigh of a gun in a holster even could upset someone.

VIP Member
    I wish people would learn to take things in context. Are you just ordering a Big Mac with that gun holstered beside you, or are you pointing the gun at her saying, "give me da money, ho."
    "Americans have the will to resist because you have weapons. If you don't have a gun, freedom of speech has no power." - Yoshimi Ishikawa

Distinguished Member Array LenS's Avatar
    I'm with Betty!

How does she react when she walks by a cop? Oh, that's OK I'll bet.

I saw this with a former neighbor. One day I was talking to him and mentioned that I had guns and he bristled. Later in the conversation I also mentioned that I was LE and he relaxed and said that my ownership of guns was now OK!! [Yes, he actually said that!]

So let's see, in a matter of a few minutes I went from being a "nut with guns" to a "good guy with guns"! What changed? I certainly didn't change in that time frame!

Oh yeah, this guy had at least a Masters in Social Work, was about 35 yo, had two young children (both born while he lived here), he is a psychologist working for the state. He had "zero personality", never even thanked another neighbor who was ~65 yo and voluntarily shoveled his driveway a number of times. We weren't sorry to see him move!

Those with granola for brains are just plain hopeless and not worth our time.

Administrator

in pgh.

lots of people have never even seen one unless it had a uniform and a badge attached to it and it was in a policemans holster.

it's true.

"This due to it is not that comfortable for driving."

This is due to you not having the right holster or you not wearing it properly.

Distinguished Member Array RSSZ's Avatar
    Not relevant to the thread topic

-Scott-
    Last edited by Scott; June 11th, 2005 at 09:04 PM. Reason: Not relevant to the thread topic

Lead Moderator
    While leagal; to to so in my state, I still see the need to keep the weapon out of sight. Suprise being better on my side if I ever need to use my gun.

Reply to the post that wasn't relevant to the topic.

-Scott-
    Last edited by Scott; June 11th, 2005 at 09:06 PM.

Former Member Array The Tourist's Avatar
    Heck, I've been surprised by a gun.

I was standing in line for some bike parts at Bob Barr Kawasaki in Madison, Wisconsin and I started to yammer with the guy next to me. We discussed the weather, girls and finally guns. For some reason, we discussed my SW 59 and the good luck I was having with, contrary to the bad press it was getting.

Suddenly, he says, "I'm having good luck with mine," and pushes back his coat to show a 59 in what appeared to be a "Three Persons" holster.

That took me by surprise.

Then he tags on, "Oh, I'm a cop--did I mention that?"

I'm with country85 on this one. I personally resent the idea that in my state or any other state it's formally required to carry concealed. That is the symptom of a society gone insane.

Concealment should be an option not something that's forced. If I want to walk around toting a 12 gauge shotgun on my back and a pair of Colt SAAs on my hips that should be my call and no one else's so long as I'm not doing it for any illicit purpose.

The problem isn't with the holster or anything like that, the problem here is that people have been conditioned by society to be afraid of an inanimate object which honestly cannot hurt them assuming it's properly constructed, even if it's got some mechanical problems a gun is very rarely a hazard to its user or any bystander.

I bet you $10 I could go right now and walk around the mall in Austin toting a golf club. I might get some funny looks but no one would panic. But they should panic. I might knock someone's teeth out with that golf club, or it might fly out of my hands and suddenly start braining people. A golf club is a horrible dangerous piece of death incarnate and I have no business with one.

That's what's wrong with our society, we've gotten the idea that there's something illegitimate, suspicious, or otherwise wrong about an individual choosing to assert their God given right and carry a personal arm. When I am king people will wag around their guns like they do their cell phones.

The problem?? Media induced ignorance!!!
    Keep the shotgun handy!!

had a similar experience

When I drive up north, I also set my piece in the front seat next to me also. It's more accessable and comfortable during a 4+ hour drive.

I did a drive-thru fast food joint at some point, ordered and realized by the look, they saw it next to me. There was no manager, just a wide eyed look by a teenager as he gave me my food.

Senior Member Array CombatEffective's Avatar
    I recently finished my masters degree. One day before class I had traffic court, and I got done with court just in time to make it to class; so, I went to class in uniform. The girl in front of me freaked about my gun and I was in uniform. I was very amused. I had sat behind her all semester long with a gun that she never saw. :)
    Shooters' Legacy

Special sections for S&W and Ruger

Administrator

CombatEffective

That's amazing.
    haha Oh No!... HELP!...That Police Officer is wearing a GUN!!
    Somebody...Dial 911 ~ Call The Police!

Madam,...I AM the Police.

"oh...ok."

When I was working my way through college (University of Alabama) back in the late 1970's, I was an armed guard at a local hospital. I carried my own S&W M19 .357 magnum (4" bbl.) at first in a hip holster (strong side) and nobody minded but it was heavy and uncomfortable, so I got my bosses permission and switched to a SafariLand Shoulder Holster rig and the whole hospital went so nutz that I was transferred out to an asphalt plant. That was okay, it was far enough out in the woods that I coulkd hunt on company land when my shift was over. But the hospital folks didn't even want ME back with the old hip holster. Personally I think it was because I'd gotten a minor rep with the nurses......and the Docs were jealous.....

But while I was there, Coach Bear Bryant fell and broke his hip and he had replacement surgery. Some NUT called in a death threat and it was my pleasure to get pulled off regular duties to stand guard at his hospital door. He was a chain smoker and he was also on pure oxygen. He and the chief nurse used to have these DONNYBROOK fights about that, but the nurse always WON. Anyway, I got to guard a football legend. That was pretty cool.
    Former Army Infantry Captain; 25 yrs as an NRA Certified Instructor; Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links