Jodie Foster as Charles Bronson

This is a discussion on Jodie Foster as Charles Bronson within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; My wife and I went to see the movie "The Brave One" last night. It should appeal to members of this forum. Jodie Foster (despite ...

Thread: Jodie Foster as Charles Bronson

Jodie Foster as Charles Bronson

My wife and I went to see the movie "The Brave One" last night. It should appeal to members of this forum.

Jodie Foster (despite her personal anti-gun feelings) protrays the victim of a thuggish violent crime in New York's Central Park. Too scared to venture onto the streets, she tries to buy a gun retail, but runs up against NYC's 30 day waiting period and licensing requirements. She ends up buying a Kahr 9mm on the street (probably smuggled in from Virginia, right Mayor Bloomberg?), and starts taking care of business. She gets involved in several justified shootings (and some unjustifed ones) that will be interesting to discuss after more of us have seen the film.

On John Stewart's The Daily Show, she said that she had been familiar with guns before this movie and it was challenging for her to appear enough of a novice when her character was first learning to manipulate the Kahr. She also said that human beings, who are too driven by emotions, should not be allowed to own guns.

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member
    I, for one will not be spending a penny on her movie. If she dis-likes guns in the public's hands, she can count me out. It really is irritating for some actor, who is anti-gun to make any money on a movie that involves guns at all. They should hold up their convictions and refuse to do any acting in a movie that involves guns what so ever...

SleepingZ

Quote Originally Posted by SleepingZ View Post
    I, for one will not be spending a penny on her movie. If she dis-likes guns in the public's hands, she can count me out. It really is irritating for some actor, who is anti-gun to make any money on a movie that involves guns at all. They should hold up their convictions and refuse to do any acting in a movie that involves guns what so ever...

SleepingZ
    Well said Z !
    Welcome to Tennessee, the patron state of shootin' stuff.--SHOOTER

You probably missed an earlier discussion on this movie, but Jodie Foster has come out saying all guns should be banned. I won't be seeing this movie.

Lead Moderator
    dupe topic.
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

Links