KY'ians HELP QUICK!!

This is a discussion on KY'ians HELP QUICK!! within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; My fiances family is throwing her a birthday party today, and its going to be at a county park... Am I allowed to carry here ...

Thread: KY'ians HELP QUICK!!

Senior Member Array rangerman2003's Avatar

KY'ians HELP QUICK!!

My fiances family is throwing her a birthday party today, and its going to be at a county park... Am I allowed to carry here its kinda like big bone park something along those lines... Baseball fields and all the sports stuff plus some recreational areas to eat...
    Calling an illegal alien an 'undocumented immigrant' is like calling a drug dealer an 'unlicensed pharmacist'

De inimico non Loquaris sed cogites.

Do not wish ill for your enemy, plan for it!

2. Remove Ads

Talking KY Carry

This is from KSP website....Big Bone Lick State Park?...................... A concealed firearm or other deadly weapon SHALL NOT be carried in the following places:

Police station or sheriff’s office.

Detention facility, prison or jail.

Courthouse (Court of Justice, courtroom or court proceeding).

County, municipal, or special district governing body meetings.

Meeting of governing body of a county, municipality, or special district.

General Assembly session, including committee meetings.

Any portion of an establishment licensed to dispense beer or alcoholic beverages for consumption on the premises, which portion of the establishment is primarily devoted to that purpose.

Elementary or secondary school facilities (without the consent of school authorities).

Child-caring facilities, day care centers, or any certified family child care home.

Areas within an airport where restricted access is controlled by the inspection of persons or property.

Any place where federal law prohibits the carrying of a firearm.

In addition to the above restrictions, units of state and local governments and postsecondary education facilities (colleges, universities, technical schools and community colleges) have the authority to limit the carrying of concealed weapons on property owned or controlled by them (KRS 237.115). You should check with units of state and local government as well as postsecondary education facilities prior to carrying a concealed weapon on their property.

Also, KRS 527.070 prohibits unlawful possession (whether carried openly or concealed) of a weapon on school property, except for certain specified exceptions. KRS 244.125 prohibits loaded firearms (concealed or otherwise) in places where alcohol is sold by the drink, except for certain specified exceptions.

In addition, Kentucky law does not prohibit the owners of private premises from excluding persons carrying firearms. Failure to vacate private premises when asked to do so could result in a criminal trespass charge.
    U.S. Army Veteran

Administrator
    I believe that in 1996 the Attorney General rules that local or county governments cannot ban firearm carry in county parks though certain buildings inside the park may be off limits if posted.
    Check out this link. It's a PDF Document.

http://www.kc3.com/pdf/ScottJudgeExecAdvisory.pdf

Any portion of an establishment licensed to dispense beer or alcoholic beverages for consumption on the premises, which portion of the establishment is primarily devoted to that purpose.
    I'm not from KY, but a neighbor to the north and just wondered if I'm reading this right.

One can carry in, say a place like TGI Fridays, as long as we don't sit in the "bar" section. Correct?

(unlike my retarded state that doesn't allow ccw in any place that sells alcohol for consumption on premises)

As I understand it, as long as the place derives less than 50% of its income from alcohol, you can sit anywhere you want. That would include the bar area if it is not physically separated from the restaurant portion of the building.

VIP Member
    I can't speak for Kentucky- but Oklahoma uses the same wording- and Rotoflyr is correct. You can carry in a place like TGI Friday's but not in the bar area.
    "The only people I like besides my wife and children are Marines."
    - Lt. Col. Oliver North

Links