I am not the only one that thinks AIWB is irresponsible and a reckless. - Page 10

I am not the only one that thinks AIWB is irresponsible and a reckless.

This is a discussion on I am not the only one that thinks AIWB is irresponsible and a reckless. within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Instead of mere speculation, if anyone cares at this point, here's a video John Johnston did to put the often espoused theory to the test. ...

Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast
Like Tree835Likes

Thread: I am not the only one that thinks AIWB is irresponsible and a reckless.

Instead of mere speculation, if anyone cares at this point, here's a video John Johnston did to put the often espoused theory to the test.

Too long, didn't watch; with good gear and technique the danger, while always present, is quite tiny.

OD*, Tstone and Militant like this.

Quote Originally Posted by gen3 View Post
    I tried it, but a part of my anatomy is too large to comfortably carry that way.

My belly.
    Me too... haven't seen my shoes in 15 years, hope they match.
    OD*, AzQkr, Okeechobee and 3 others like this.

To each their own, but AIWB is how I prefer to carry. It's the most comfortable and easiest to draw from. I keep the gun loaded, cocked & locked, without concern. To paraphrase an earlier reply, the gun won't go off unless I take the safety off and pull the trigger.
    RolandD, D_FIN, OD* and 3 others like this.
    “Arms in the hands of citizens may be used at individual discretion in private self defense.”

- John Adams -

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

As I said before, I've carried AIWB for years .... Glocks - safety on the trigger and between the ears Glocks.
    I am extremely careful, watchful, absolutely no rush, if re-holstering.
    OD*, matthew03, Tstone and 3 others like this.
    The minimum is not what I want to defend my life with.

G26 1 O'Clock all Day every day. I guess you have have pair to be able to carry AIWB worry free. Either that you just know your gun and your holster and yourself enough to to know that it is just as safe and anywhere else.
    OD*, Tstone, royal barnes and 2 others like this.

Sponsor
    J frames would be moved to AIWB with hip grips when getting set to enter a nude dance bar in the combat zone of Boston, where I knew I'd be patted by the help, looking for weapons to report same to their bosses. Once seated on a stool, their hands were everywhere but there groping [ which most unsuspecting patrons took for affection/attention ].

Might move it to that location from under my leg seated on surveillance, when I needed to get out in public for some reason. I believed in the idea of the "floating" gun, carried in different locations based on circumstances. No longer working the streets and worrying about "being made", I carry strong side owb, or back pocket.
    OD*, glockman10mm, Tstone and 4 others like this.
    The mind is the limiting factor

https://www.youtube.com/user/azqkr

Quick Kill Rifle and Pistol Instructor

One thing I have definitely learned about guns, holsters, etc. over all the years........ EVERYTHING ..... IS 99.9% opinion. Proving anything one way or the other, studies, demonstrations, and all of that junk ..... still comes down to opinions. And each of us, will decide for ourselves what ours is.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

Quote Originally Posted by Eagleks View Post
    One thing I have definitely learned about guns, holsters, etc. over all the years........ EVERYTHING ..... IS 99.9% opinion.....
    So true! The thing that gets me is that so many seem to think that their opinion is the only valid one, as if they are the only one with the ability to reason correctly. Tiresome at times.

9MMare, Militant, Tstone and 2 others like this.

Distinguished Member Array graydude's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by OD* View Post
    I like that idea, if it's such a horrible position to carry, prove it (no, I do not carry AIWB, so I am not defending it, just prefer facts over unqualified opinion ).

AIWB has been around a whole lot longer than most realize, the late Bruce Nelson, inventor of the "Summer Special" oringinally built the SS to be carried that way. Well, way back when it was called forward of the hip and not AIWB (dating myself here ).

That is one handsome 'stache by the way. Hopefully those big soup strainers will come back in style.
    AzQkr, Tstone, Haywood and 1 others like this.
    Ride hard, shoot straight, always speak the truth

Quote Originally Posted by Eagleks View Post
    One thing I have definitely learned about guns, holsters, etc. over all the years........ EVERYTHING ..... IS 99.9% opinion. Proving anything one way or the other, studies, demonstrations, and all of that junk ..... still comes down to opinions. And each of us, will decide for ourselves what ours is.
    Quote Originally Posted by roadhazzard3 View Post
    So true! The thing that gets me is that so many seem to think that their opinion is the only valid one, as if they are the only one with the ability to reason correctly. Tiresome at times.
    You guys are so right!

When I first got started in the CC lifestyle a few years back, like most novices; I allowed other people's (those who were supposedly more knowledgeable about guns than me at the time) opinions and views about guns in general to sway my own. The result; I ended up blowing through money buying this or that piece or accessories chasing what "other people" said I should. Until, I FINALLY woke the hell up and realized that ole' Mili had to do what was right for him (i.e. gun brand(s) of choice, caliber(s), holsters and carrying styles etc.) because our gun world is not a one size fits all! Therefore, to each his own! Again, just be safe!
    Tstone, Haywood, OD* and 1 others like this.
    HK P30 HK P30sk HK VP9 HK VP9sk
    HK45c HKUSP9c
    HKUSP45c Stainless
    HKUSP40c Stainless

OD*
    Senior Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by graydude View Post
    That is one handsome 'stache by the way. Hopefully those big soup strainers will come back in style.
    Indeed!

I'll have to do some more research, but I was thinking this photo was taken while Bruce was still a California DOJ Agent.
    "The pistol, learn it well, carry it always ..." ~ Jeff Cooper

"Terrorists: They hated you yesterday, they hate you today, and they will hate you tomorrow.
    End the cycle of hatred, don’t give them a tomorrow."

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mnarcher View Post
    This is something nobody should do. Why WHY would you want something pointed at something vital. You never look down the barrel of something loaded. Why point it at my vitals.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
    Your entitled to your opinion.....

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    Militant likes this.
    ”God grants Liberty only to those who love it, and are always ready to guard and defend it.”
    ~Daniel Webster

Your points are shallow... my points are Hollow....

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by wizard7mm08 View Post
    Personally, I view anything posted by yankee marshall strictly as entertainment.
    There has never been a better example of a person who should NOT BE in front of a camera...listening to him talk makes me grit my yeeth.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    ”God grants Liberty only to those who love it, and are always ready to guard and defend it.”
    ~Daniel Webster

Your points are shallow... my points are Hollow....

But what is "a reckless" though??
    Rock and Glock likes this.
    Glock 19
    HK VP9sk LE

Pew Pew n Chill

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by graydude View Post
    Has anyone ever shot themselves while carrying AIWB? There are many people who carry this way, and it seems just as many who get animated about how terrible it is. (Note: I just checked, and my AIWB gun is still there and still hasn't shot me.).
    The only instances of self-inflicted wounds from aiwb I have heard about came as a result of handling the gun while seated in a vehicle.
    graydude and AzQkr like this.
    "I'm set up to play a game right now. However, I doubt most people would want to get into a gun fight with me."

Rob Leatham

Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast

Sponsored Links