I am not the only one that thinks AIWB is irresponsible and a reckless. - Page 3

I am not the only one that thinks AIWB is irresponsible and a reckless.

This is a discussion on I am not the only one that thinks AIWB is irresponsible and a reckless. within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by mnarcher This is something nobody should do. Why WHY would you want something pointed at something vital. You never look down the ...

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
Like Tree835Likes

Thread: I am not the only one that thinks AIWB is irresponsible and a reckless.

Quote Originally Posted by mnarcher View Post
    This is something nobody should do. Why WHY would you want something pointed at something vital. You never look down the barrel of something loaded. Why point it at my vitals.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
    You state your not the only one that thinks AIWB is irresponsible and reckless, but you failed to mention who. Can you cite some sources?
    Otherwise it appears only to be YOUR opinion.
    Haywood, Havok and Taurahe like this.

This is something nobody should do. Why WHY would you want something pointed at something vital. You never look down the barrel of something loaded. Why point it at my vitals.

Here's a suggestion - try it. I had very mixed feelings about AIWB, so I unloaded a gun and carried it AIWB around the house for a couple of weeks until I felt comfortable with it. I also practiced drawing and reholstering pretty much every night. After a couple of weeks without a single "misfire", I started carrying AIWB, which I have continued for the last year or so.

I find it much more comfortable than any other IWB position, and it conceals far better. You can carry a lot more gun and conceal it perfectly with a AIWB carry. After I started carrying AIWB, I gradually moved from a Glock 43 up to what I carry today - either a SIG P229 or a Para Expert Commander. When I wear shorts and a button down shirt, both guns conceal to the point of being almost invisible on my 5'8" 175 lb frame.

I often wonder why these threads start. Strange to want to share such an opinion, and what about small of back OP?

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by matthew03 View Post
    I often wonder why these threads start. Strange to want to share such an opinion, and what about small of back OP?

Small of the back is completely safe, if the gun goes off the bullet will travel between your cheeks and cause no damage, dontchya know.
    OD*, Havok, matthew03 and 1 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Aquaman View Post
    Small of the back is completely safe, if the gun goes off the bullet will travel between your cheeks and cause no damage, dontchya know.
    The risk with small-of-the-back is falling on the gun and damaging your spine. Also a car crash could be catastrophic, but the same applies to AIWB.
    OD* likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by PAcanis View Post
    I got nothin'
    I'm not sure I'd use that choice of wording with the subject matter at hand.
    I like the .40 .

Small of back you cannot protect the weapon from a take away.

Quote Originally Posted by drmordo View Post
    The risk with small-of-the-back is falling on the gun and damaging your spine. .
    Sorry I couldn't find the sarcastic font on my laptop.
    And yes I have heard about the falling on your gun and damaging your spine, wonder if anyone really has any proof of that.
    OD*, gen3 and Instymp like this.

VIP Member
    I sometimes wonder if people have to work to come up with this sort of brilliance or if it just comes naturally...
    NRA Life Member

"I don't believe gun owners have rights." - Sarah Brady

Quote Originally Posted by Eric357 View Post
    I'm not sure I'd use that choice of wording with the subject matter at hand.
    Touche. Walked right into that one

Quote Originally Posted by PAcanis View Post
    Touche. Walked right into that one
    Sorry man. I will say it brightened my day. Been a rough couple of days and needed a good laugh. Thanks and hopefully no bad feelings.:)
    PAcanis and OD* like this.
    I like the .40 .

I have carried AIWB for over Ten years. I carry in a holster my finger doesn't / can't touch the trigger until I place it there. My guns have never fired on thier own. I don't see a problem. Well at least I have no problem. I can't say anything about some of the people out there.
    SWIll likes this.
    Two Revolvers, Two Reloads, every day, all day.

Everyone brings it to a holster. It's while holstering where the problem is. It's pointed at your femoral artery. Not to mention if you startle, your body crunches in. It's going to be harder to u holster.

Dave909 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by CDW4ME View Post
    I carried AIWB for approximately 20 years, Glock 26/27 size pistol is very easy to conceal, 19/23 just a little more effort.
    Yeah, but you probably shot yourself a hundred times (where it hurts) and everybody else about forty-seven times.

Go ahead, ADMIT it - you're just irresponsible and reckless !!!
    CDW4ME, OD*, matthew03 and 1 others like this.
    - testing was halted after a brief kinetic episode -

Distinguished Member Array Dave909's Avatar
    Everyone brings it to a holster. It's while holstering where the problem is. It's pointed at your femoral artery. Not to mention if you startle, your body crunches in. It's going to be harder to u holster.

That's pretty much the main reason I see too with people being against it, putting it back in once you have it out. It's not an argument anyone is going to win, because you're considered stupid if you even dare question that style of carry. Which I find pretty stupid myself, but hey, I don't have to be right or wrong because I don't carry that way and don't really care if somebody else puts a hole in themselves. If it ain't my body, it ain't my problem.

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links