I am not the only one that thinks AIWB is irresponsible and a reckless. - Page 4

I am not the only one that thinks AIWB is irresponsible and a reckless.

This is a discussion on I am not the only one that thinks AIWB is irresponsible and a reckless. within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Warning: video contains strong language Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk...

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 191
Like Tree833Likes

Thread: I am not the only one that thinks AIWB is irresponsible and a reckless.

  1. #46
    Ex Member Array mnarcher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    US
    Posts
    50
    Warning: video contains strong language




    Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
    Last edited by gasmitty; March 20th, 2017 at 11:39 PM. Reason: Rule 4 - language

  2. #47
    Senior Member Array wizard7mm08's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    566
    Personally, I view anything posted by yankee marshall strictly as entertainment.
    "If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy." - Red Green
    "Take off ya hoser!" - Bob & Doug McKenzie

  3. #48
    VIP Member Array PhaedrusIV's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    3,259
    Quote Originally Posted by mnarcher View Post
    Everyone brings it to a holster. It's while holstering where the problem is. It's pointed at your femoral artery. Not to mention if you startle, your body crunches in. It's going to be harder to u holster.

    Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
    Well, you have nothing if not an opinion. Everybody's got an opinion; they're like... never mind.

    You give some really great advice, OP. Great for YOU.
    OD*, Havok, Taurahe and 1 others like this.
    - testing was halted after a brief kinetic episode -

  4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements
     

  5. #49
    Senior Member Array Dave909's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    South Indiana
    Posts
    511
    Quote Originally Posted by mnarcher View Post


    Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
    In most topics he makes sense and I enjoy his videos. However, if you're out to prove something one way or another, he's not someone I would use as evidence. I think he himself would likely tell you the same thing. His videos are fun and his opinion, he doesn't go out of his way to say any different.
    Mike1956 and RolandD like this.

  6. #50
    VIP Member Array glockman10mm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Central Kentucky
    Posts
    13,374
    Quote Originally Posted by mnarcher View Post
    Everyone brings it to a holster. It's while holstering where the problem is. It's pointed at your femoral artery. Not to mention if you startle, your body crunches in. It's going to be harder to u holster.

    Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
    Its because you do not understand the proper technique to reholster that prevents injury during a NEGLIGENT discharge.
    " Blessed is that man, who when facing death, thinks only of his front sight"
    -Jeff Cooper

  7. #51
    Senior Member Array 2ndunamended's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    590
    My appendix is at 4 'o'clock, right hand side.

    I admit I have never (and likely won't) carried AIWB primarily because it's uncomfortable. I am however tempted to try it for awhile because so many people swear by it. But beyond the high priced real estate at which the barrel of my gun would point AIWB, I simply can't understand the benefit over AOWB carry. I get the idea behind "concealment" but I'm not sure I'd fool anyone while hunched over, looking like I just had hernia surgery.
    With his pistol drawn, decisive judgement could be reached and reached quickly.

    NRA Life Member
    Gun Owners of America Member
    NRA certified Range Safety Officer

  8. #52
    Member Array drmordo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Miami, FL
    Posts
    441
    Quote Originally Posted by 2ndunamended View Post
    My appendix is at 4 'o'clock, right hand side.

    I admit I have never (and likely won't) carried AIWB primarily because it's uncomfortable. I am however tempted to try it for awhile because so many people swear by it. But beyond the high priced real estate at which the barrel of my gun would point AIWB, I simply can't understand the benefit over AOWB carry. I get the idea behind "concealment" but I'm not sure I'd fool anyone while hunched over, looking like I just had hernia surgery.
    I suspect there was a typo there (AOWB?), but you definitely don't have to hunch over when you carry a gun AIWB. I can get away with a full size gun with just a bit of printing, and if I move to a slightly shorter handle, the gun disappears entirely beneath any shirt that isn't actually tight (which none of mine are). I usually switch to a button down if I'm going out, and then carry my Commander. But if I'm feeling lazy, I leave on the t-shirt and carry my Glock 36.

  9. #53
    VIP Member Array SatCong's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    5,650
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquaman View Post
    Sorry I couldn't find the sarcastic font on my laptop.
    And yes I have heard about the falling on your gun and damaging your spine, wonder if anyone really has any proof of that.
    I know a LEO that retired two years early,before his 20 years because he screw up his back that way..
    OD* likes this.
    NRA PATRON LIFE
    BROWN WATER NAVY

  10. #54
    VIP Member
    Array TX expat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Kansas City
    Posts
    6,574
    Quote Originally Posted by mnarcher View Post
    Everyone brings it to a holster. It's while holstering where the problem is. It's pointed at your femoral artery. Not to mention if you startle, your body crunches in. It's going to be harder to u holster.

    Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
    Well I don't do it often but...

    NRA Life Member

    "I don't believe gun owners have rights." - Sarah Brady

  11. #55
    Senior Member Array 2ndunamended's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    590
    Quote Originally Posted by drmordo View Post
    I suspect there was a typo there (AOWB?), but you definitely don't have to hunch over when you carry a gun AIWB.
    No typo. I was just being a wisenheimer and a poor one at that. Appendix Outside the Waistband. Again, I've never AIWB carried, so I'm only launching conjecture. But as stated, so many people swear by it so I may have to try it out.

    How is sitting, driving a car, etc... carrying AIWB with a full size gun?
    drmordo likes this.
    With his pistol drawn, decisive judgement could be reached and reached quickly.

    NRA Life Member
    Gun Owners of America Member
    NRA certified Range Safety Officer

  12. #56
    Member Array drmordo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Miami, FL
    Posts
    441
    Quote Originally Posted by 2ndunamended View Post
    No typo. I was just being a wisenheimer and a poor one at that. Appendix Outside the Waistband. Again, I've never AIWB carried, so I'm only launching conjecture. But as stated, so many people swear by it so I may have to try it out.

    How is sitting, driving a car, etc... carrying AIWB with a full size gun?
    Ok, I got it now.

    Sitting is the real test of the right holster/gun for your frame. Too long a gun or too low of a holster and it gets uncomfortable fast. Once you get that worked out, driving and sitting are very comfortable IMO. This is why I'm a big fan of an adjustable kydex holster - you can adjust it to fit your frame. Sadly, unless you carry a Glock or a Shield, the pickings are fairly slim for adjustable kydex holsters expressly designed for AIWB.

    As for comfort, with a full size gun, you certainly know it's there, but it's not any more uncomfortable than any other IWB carry. With a slightly smaller gun like my G36 (which is virtually the same size as a G19/23) in my Blackhawk ARC holster, I can literally forget it's there, even when sitting. It's very comfortable.
    2ndunamended likes this.

  13. #57
    Senior Member Array 2ndunamended's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    590
    Quote Originally Posted by drmordo View Post
    Ok, I got it now.

    Sitting is the real test of the right holster/gun for your frame. Too long a gun or too low of a holster and it gets uncomfortable fast. Once you get that worked out, driving and sitting are very comfortable IMO. This is why I'm a big fan of an adjustable kydex holster - you can adjust it to fit your frame. Sadly, unless you carry a Glock or a Shield, the pickings are fairly slim for adjustable kydex holsters expressly designed for AIWB.

    As for comfort, with a full size gun, you certainly know it's there, but it's not any more uncomfortable than any other IWB carry. With a slightly smaller gun like my G36 (which is virtually the same size as a G19/23) in my Blackhawk ARC holster, I can literally forget it's there, even when sitting. It's very comfortable.
    I get (almost) all my holsters from Garrett. They have a selection of AIWB but I've never tried them. Their OWB are perfect so I imagine their IWB are also great.

    I'm getting closer...
    With his pistol drawn, decisive judgement could be reached and reached quickly.

    NRA Life Member
    Gun Owners of America Member
    NRA certified Range Safety Officer

  14. #58
    Ex Member Array mnarcher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    US
    Posts
    50
    Quote Originally Posted by glockman10mm View Post
    Its because you do not understand the proper technique to reholster that prevents injury during a NEGLIGENT discharge.
    Watch the video. It's plain idiotic to carry in that position.

    Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
    dawei likes this.

  15. #59
    Member Array drmordo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Miami, FL
    Posts
    441
    Quote Originally Posted by 2ndunamended View Post
    I get (almost) all my holsters from Garrett. They have a selection of AIWB but I've never tried them. Their OWB are perfect so I imagine their IWB are also great.

    I'm getting closer...
    IMO those Garrett holsters are pretty spendy and not ideal for AIWB carry. You really want a cutout under the barrel so the gun rests on your thigh when you sit down. Square holsters like the Garrett Thunder Slim just don't work for me. And, I highly recommend you find a holster with adjustable height at least.

    But this is a big problem - depending on your gun it's hard to find a holster for AIWB.

  16. #60
    Senior Member Array 2ndunamended's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    590
    Quote Originally Posted by drmordo View Post
    IMO those Garrett holsters are pretty spendy and not ideal for AIWB carry. You really want a cutout under the barrel so the gun rests on your thigh when you sit down. Square holsters like the Garrett Thunder Slim just don't work for me. And, I highly recommend you find a holster with adjustable height at least.

    But this is a big problem - depending on your gun it's hard to find a holster for AIWB.
    For OWB carry, I don't find the Garrett holsters to be spendy in comparison to the quality/cost ratio for other holsters out there. But for AIWB I have no idea. What you say makes sense about the cutout and adjustable height.

    I just still hesitate to put a barrel inside my pants, pointed at my barrel.
    With his pistol drawn, decisive judgement could be reached and reached quickly.

    NRA Life Member
    Gun Owners of America Member
    NRA certified Range Safety Officer

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •