I am not the only one that thinks AIWB is irresponsible and a reckless. - Page 5

I am not the only one that thinks AIWB is irresponsible and a reckless.

This is a discussion on I am not the only one that thinks AIWB is irresponsible and a reckless. within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by 2ndunamended For OWB carry, I don't find the Garrett holsters to be spendy in comparison to the quality/cost ratio for other holsters ...

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
Like Tree835Likes

Thread: I am not the only one that thinks AIWB is irresponsible and a reckless.

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndunamended View Post
    For OWB carry, I don't find the Garrett holsters to be spendy in comparison to the quality/cost ratio for other holsters out there. But for AIWB I have no idea. What you say makes sense about the cutout and adjustable height.

I just still hesitate to put a barrel inside my pants, pointed at my barrel.
    I wasn't clear - I meant that the Garrett's were pricey for an experiment, not pricey in general. I'm just saying I'd rather spend $30 than $90 on a holster that I may only use a couple of times.

I understand your reservations. Like I posted above, I also had some until I tried it.

Quote Originally Posted by mnarcher View Post
    Everyone brings it to a holster. It's while holstering where the problem is. It's pointed at your femoral artery. Not to mention if you startle, your body crunches in. It's going to be harder to u holster.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
    My pistol goes in my holster, before my holster goes in my pants. In the event that I ever have to use it, I expect to be putting it on the ground as the police arrive. If I should need to reholster, I can easily remove the holster from my pants for that. I'm not a cop nor a gunslinger.
    Haywood, Havok, bsms2 and 2 others like this.

Sponsor
    I don't want to get into the argument that one way or another is more dangerous to carry a gun so Im just going to say this.
    Any modern gun that hasn't been monkeyed with should not randomly fire on its own period, any fast holstering of a gun without watching what you are doing is dangerous period and I wouldn't recommend it. were the gun is pointing if fired may be more deadly than others but I would blame the gun if this happens as I personally have not seen a gun fire on its own. now I know there are many schools who teach one handed reholstering but I will not holster my gun in a hurry or without making sure my gun is going into the holster safely (no shirt tails caught in the holster) nor would I use a holster that is so flimsy it can bend in and touch the trigger.
    Some methods of carry are more sketchy than others but common since goes a long way.
    If your not going to me extra careful holstering a gun in an aiwb holster then please do not use one.
    On a different note I have seen one fellow walk a mile to get help for himself when he crashed his car and ripped his testicles off and now of another who lost his penis while doing something with a vacuum cleaner that he shouldn't have - he passed out and finally after an hour a family member of his went to check on him and he survived just fine minus his part that the fan in the vacuum tore to shreds (not sure its good or bad that he made it) I mean what was he trying with the vacuum?
    Not trying to be funny but dead could occur from shear shock if your a male and your parts was injured.
    Now the femoral artery - you better get help and very very fast.
    I do and will continue at time to carry aiwb when it gives me the best draw for for a particular situation (use it a lot if I am driving) you would laugh you tail off if you seen how careful I holster a gun in a aiwb holster, I carry strong side right hand with my Glock 17 and then I carry a second gun how ever I need to for the events ahead in my day.
    I also don't like the muzzle of my gun pointing at who ever is behind me if I am using my shoulder holster but I am %100 my gun will not fire on its own.
    final words- carrying a gun can be hazardous just like driving to work, I would suggest carry how ever it works best for you but be careful when you have to handle your gun, I do see both sides of the argument with a aiwb holster.
    Making some of the most comfortable inside the waistband holsters in the world.
    www.nelsonholsters.com

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by graydude View Post
    Has anyone ever shot themselves while carrying AIWB? There are many people who carry this way, and it seems just as many who get animated about how terrible it is. (Note: I just checked, and my AIWB gun is still there and still hasn't shot me.).
    Not sure it matters. Recently there was a guy carrying not sure where but he was messing with his holstered gun in the car while waiting for his wife. Shot himself in the hip area, bye bye femoral artery...he's gone. Doubt that was appendix carry.

If you dont put your finger on the trigger....pretty much everything "should be" safe. It's about human error.
    Rock and Glock likes this.

Everyone brings it to a holster. It's while holstering where the problem is. It's pointed at your femoral artery. Not to mention if you startle, your body crunches in. It's going to be harder to u holster.

Keeping my finger out of the trigger guard is such a habit that I carry my power drill with my finger indexed.

I dont!

Quote Originally Posted by glockman10mm View Post
    Its because you do not understand the proper technique to reholster that prevents injury during a NEGLIGENT discharge.
    We discussed this at IDPA practice, regarding real life scenarios. And what you've written is correct. The concern was that after a real life shooting, the person might be so shaken that they'd err.

How big a concern? I dont know.
    OD* and Instymp like this.

This is something nobody should do. Why WHY would you want something pointed at something vital. You never look down the barrel of something loaded. Why point it at my vitals.

I don't carry that way cause it just ain't comfortable to. If it was, I would. Furthermore if person is that worried about a gun discharging all by itself, while retained in a proper fitting, qualified, properly functioning, aiwb holster (or any holster for that matter) would probably Have less worries if that person didn't carry a gun at all. I typically carry cross draw due to some physical limitations. Should the circumstances require it, I haved and will carry, small of the back, ankle, pocket carry (always inside a holster), and in a shoulder rig ( both vertical and horizontal). I can say, with a 100% certainty, that I have never shot myself, anything, or anyone due to the location or method of concealed carry. And I have been carrying a handgun for over 30 yearsIn addition although I don't carry aiwb, if I did, I can say with 100% confidence that I would not be concerned that I might shoot myself due to that particular method of carrying a concealed weapon.
    Haywood likes this.
    Long, Wide, Deep, and without hesitation.

Distinguished Member Array graydude's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 9MMare View Post
    Not sure it matters. Recently there was a guy carrying not sure where but he was messing with his holstered gun in the car while waiting for his wife. Shot himself in the hip area, bye bye femoral artery...he's gone. Doubt that was appendix carry.

If you dont put your finger on the trigger....pretty much everything "should be" safe. It's about human error.
    Actually, I do think it matters. There are many people that carry AIWB, even in flimsy one size fits many holsters. Yet I haven't heard of anyone shooting themselves while carrying AIWB. Why not? It's a hot button topic so I would think the anti-AIWB crowd would use an AIWB ND, if/when there is one, to support their position. It's possible I've missed hearing about one, and I'd honestly like to know about it.

As opposed to "Glock leg" when people reholster strong side without looking and ND themselves, AIWB is very easy to watch the gun in until it's secure. Maybe that's one reason we haven't heard of an AIWB ND. Maybe another reason is people are naturally more conscious of being careful around that genital area.

That guy messing with his gun is an example of why guns should stay holstered. Dorking around with a loaded gun carried strong side or behind the hip in the tight confines of a car is asking for trouble.
    Nmuskier and RolandD like this.
    Ride hard, shoot straight, always speak the truth

Quote Originally Posted by PhaedrusIV View Post
    Yeah, but you probably shot yourself a hundred times (where it hurts) and everybody else about forty-seven times.

Go ahead, ADMIT it - you're just irresponsible and reckless !!!

OD*, graydude and matthew03 like this.
    The minimum is not what I want to defend my life with.

Watch the video. It's plain idiotic to carry in that position.

This is a well crafted argument.

Let's mak it a friendly competition. Post a link to a video or news article about an accidental shooting from the holster, or while holstering or drawing. No re-posts. We'll count up.how many are 1 or 11:00 (recognition for the lefties ), and how many are the other belt positions.
    Psalm 144:1

OD* likes this.
    Psalm 144:1

Totally understand
    Quote Originally Posted by matthew03 View Post
    Small of back you cannot protect the weapon from a take away.
    This statement was made only with sarcastic value, I DO NOT CARRY S.O.B.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquaman View Post
    Small of the back is completely safe, if the gun goes off the bullet will travel between your cheeks and cause no damage, dontchya know.
    Quote Originally Posted by drmordo View Post
    The risk with small-of-the-back is falling on the gun and damaging your spine. Also a car crash could be catastrophic, but the same applies to AIWB.
    Quote Originally Posted by SatCong View Post
    I know a LEO that retired two years early,before his 20 years because he screw up his back that way..
    The only reason I brought up the "wonder if there is any proof of it causing spinal damage" a lot of people make statements about thing that really don't have that many facts to back up their statements, I've read on here numberous times not to modify your gun cause it could be used against you in a court hearing but not to many cases have been posted to substantiate that claim, same as using reloads for SD.

I have carried AIWB and if I had a more appropriate holster (comfortable) I think I would probably carry that way more often, I sure don't think that it is a much less safer way to carry thats for sure.
    OD*, matthew03, Nmuskier and 2 others like this.

VIP Member
    This is something nobody should do. Why WHY would you want something pointed at something vital. You never look down the barrel of something loaded. Why point it at my vitals.
    Aren't you the guy that claimed that "Hammer fired is a lousy choice for carry. The hard trigger pull would make getting the first shot very difficult." Need a "New" EDC

And that thumb safeties are a "bad idea." Need a "New" EDC

And it appears you have at least tried AIWB, but you found it uncomfortable: Aiwb carriers? What size pistol do you use?

So, AIWB is dangerous (or uncomfortable?), thumb safeties are a bad idea, hammer fired guns are a bad choice, striker only. Gotcha.

I am by no means an expert, not even close, and thus I know the "advice" I can give is limited and I take that into account when I post. My advice to you is that you should stop preaching your uninformed beliefs as Gospel.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    -PEF, Refugee from the Island of Misfit Toys

VIP Member
    Every time you carry a gun there's an inherent risk of injury. Want to make an argument? People shoot themselves all the time. Therefore you should not carry a gun.

This is silly. Know the risks, be careful. It's pretty simple.
    PhaedrusIV, Haywood, OD* and 7 others like this.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    -PEF, Refugee from the Island of Misfit Toys

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links