I am not the only one that thinks AIWB is irresponsible and a reckless. - Page 6

I am not the only one that thinks AIWB is irresponsible and a reckless.

This is a discussion on I am not the only one that thinks AIWB is irresponsible and a reckless. within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by PEF Aren't you the guy that claimed that " Hammer fired is a lousy choice for carry. The hard trigger pull would ...

Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast
Like Tree835Likes

Thread: I am not the only one that thinks AIWB is irresponsible and a reckless.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PEF View Post
    Aren't you the guy that claimed that "Hammer fired is a lousy choice for carry. The hard trigger pull would make getting the first shot very difficult." Need a "New" EDC

And that thumb safeties are a "bad idea." Need a "New" EDC

And it appears you have at least tried AIWB, but you found it uncomfortable: Aiwb carriers? What size pistol do you use?

So, AIWB is dangerous (or uncomfortable?), thumb safeties are a bad idea, hammer fired guns are a bad choice, striker only. Gotcha.

I am by no means an expert, not even close, and thus I know the "advice" I can give is limited and I take that into account when I post. My advice to you is that you should stop preaching your uninformed beliefs as Gospel.
    OD*, matthew03, Eric357 and 2 others like this.
    NRA Life Member

"I don't believe gun owners have rights." - Sarah Brady

VIP Member
    Aren't you the guy that claimed that "Hammer fired is a lousy choice for carry. The hard trigger pull would make getting the first shot very difficult." Need a "New" EDC

And it appears you have at least tried AIWB, but you found it uncomfortable: Aiwb carriers? What size pistol do you use?

So, AIWB is dangerous (or uncomfortable?), thumb safeties are a bad idea, hammer fired guns are a bad choice, striker only. Gotcha.

I am by no means an expert, not even close, and thus I know the "advice" I can give is limited and I take that into account when I post. My advice to you is that you should stop preaching your uninformed beliefs as Gospel.
    If I'm ever in need of a Georgia lawyer, you're the guy.
    OD*, matthew03, Eric357 and 1 others like this.
    "Ideals are peaceful. History is violent."

Don Collier, Fury

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave909 View Post
    That's pretty much the main reason I see too with people being against it, putting it back in once you have it out. It's not an argument anyone is going to win, because you're considered stupid if you even dare question that style of carry. Which I find pretty stupid myself, but hey, I don't have to be right or wrong because I don't carry that way and don't really care if somebody else puts a hole in themselves. If it ain't my body, it ain't my problem.
    I'll address your post. I've never seen anyone on here that blindly considers a person as stupid for asking legitimate questions or for legitimately seeking knowledge; never. That said, if you're going to post up ignorance as 'fact' and you're obviously not looking to learn (and you have absolutely nothing of factual value to teach) then you're going to get dog-piled or summarily dismissed by the large majority of the members here.

It's fine if you don't like something, don't want something or simply don't understand something. It's not fine to have virtually zero intelligence on something yet profess to have the final say on it; so it's not about 'daring' to question something. It's about seeking knowledge vs. simply seeking to argue something that you have no actual knowledge of.

To address your "main reason" comment; if you're doing AIWB correctly, your firearm is not in danger of ever hitting anything if you were to have an AD. Furthermore, AIWB, probably more than any other carry position, allows for full visual concentration on your firearm when holstering so the actual chances of an AD are greatly diminished versus, say, carrying at 4 o'clock where you can't truly see what's happening as you holster. Once again, this is if you're doing things correctly. If you're not then, just like any facet of firearms handling, you're probably putting someone, or something, at risk; and just like others have already noted, there's not a "safe" way to do things wrong and that is true no matter how you choose to carry.
    OD*, matthew03, Mike1956 and 2 others like this.
    NRA Life Member

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by mnarcher View Post
    Watch the video. It's plain idiotic to carry in that position.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
    Really? Are you a professional? Because the Yankee Marshal sure as hell isnt.

Im afraid my friend that you are lost in the sauce, with a lot of opinion and no experience to base it on.
    OD*, matthew03, TX expat and 8 others like this.
    " Blessed is that man, who when facing death, thinks only of his front sight"
    -Jeff Cooper

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndunamended View Post
    No typo. I was just being a wisenheimer and a poor one at that. Appendix Outside the Waistband. Again, I've never AIWB carried, so I'm only launching conjecture. But as stated, so many people swear by it so I may have to try it out.

How is sitting, driving a car, etc... carrying AIWB with a full size gun?
    I carry either a G23, P229, or P320 AIWB all day, every day and have no issue doing any of those things. I'm also fat, (for the time being).

OD*
    Senior Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Nmuskier View Post
    This is a well crafted argument.

Let's mak it a friendly competition. Post a link to a video or news article about an accidental shooting from the holster, or while holstering or drawing. No re-posts. We'll count up.how many are 1 or 11:00 (recognition for the lefties ), and how many are the other belt positions.
    I like that idea, if it's such a horrible position to carry, prove it (no, I do not carry AIWB, so I am not defending it, just prefer facts over unqualified opinion ).

AIWB has been around a whole lot longer than most realize, the late Bruce Nelson, inventor of the "Summer Special" oringinally built the SS to be carried that way. Well, way back when it was called forward of the hip and not AIWB (dating myself here ).

"The pistol, learn it well, carry it always ..." ~ Jeff Cooper

"Terrorists: They hated you yesterday, they hate you today, and they will hate you tomorrow.
    End the cycle of hatred, don’t give them a tomorrow."

I am not the only one that thinks AIWB is irresponsible and a reckless.

This is something nobody should do. Why WHY would you want something pointed at something vital. You never look down the barrel of something loaded. Why point it at my vitals.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
    "Irresponsible and reckless" are mighty harsh words.

I think the best way to put this is, that you need to worry about your goober and I will worry about mine.
    OD* and OldChap like this.

Ouch! Case closed.
    I like the .40 .

VIP Member
    NOVA...200 square miles surrounded by reality
    First OP I don't AIWB, however, I recognize that it is not dangerous if done properly/

A wise proverb to live by, you don't know what you don't know.
    OD*, matthew03 and SatCong like this.
    Its not about guns...Its about Freedom!

Assistant Instructor @ http://www.green-ops.com/ Located in the Washington D.C. Metropolitan Area "Why should your training be any less special?"

Quote Originally Posted by OD* View Post
    I like that idea, if it's such a horrible position to carry, prove it (no, I do not carry AIWB, so I am not defending it, just prefer facts over unqualified opinion ).

AIWB has been around a whole lot longer than most realize, the late Bruce Nelson, inventor of the "Summer Special" oringinally built the SS to be carried that way. Well, way back when it was called forward of the hip and not AIWB (dating myself here ).

OD, I just love the old articles you pull up. Every time someone thinks something is a new fad you pull up something for the 70' or 80's that shows its been a round a long time.
    I like the .40 .

Distinguished Member Array kukla's Avatar
    This is something nobody should do. Why WHY would you want something pointed at something vital. You never look down the barrel of something loaded. Why point it at my vitals.
    OP, you should let us know what holster you approve of (and use), so that we can benefit from your wisdom, and point out all of the possible hazards of using it.
    By the way, how long have you been carrying?
    OD*, Eric357, matthew03 and 2 others like this.
    "I plan ahead. That way, I don't have to do anything right now!"

OD*
    Senior Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric357 View Post
    OD, I just love the old articles you pull up. Every time someone thinks something is a new fad you pull up something for the 70' or 80's that shows its been a round a long time.
    Thanks Eric, it's probably the only benefit of getting older!

"There is very little new, and the forgotten is constantly being rediscovered."
    ~ Tiger McKee

"Terrorists: They hated you yesterday, they hate you today, and they will hate you tomorrow.

VIP Member
    Thanks Eric, it's probably the only benefit of getting older!
    Well, there's the discounts at the cafeteria also.
    NRA Life Member

OD*
    Senior Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by TX expat View Post
    Well, there's the discounts at the cafeteria also.
    True!

VIP Member
    True!
    So you're buying lunch
    OD* likes this.
    NRA Life Member

Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links