I am not the only one that thinks AIWB is irresponsible and a reckless. - Page 7

I am not the only one that thinks AIWB is irresponsible and a reckless.

This is a discussion on I am not the only one that thinks AIWB is irresponsible and a reckless. within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by TX expat So you're buying lunch Sounds like a plan!...

Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast
Like Tree835Likes

Thread: I am not the only one that thinks AIWB is irresponsible and a reckless.

OD*
    Senior Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by TX expat View Post
    So you're buying lunch
    Sounds like a plan!
    "The pistol, learn it well, carry it always ..." ~ Jeff Cooper

"Terrorists: They hated you yesterday, they hate you today, and they will hate you tomorrow.
    End the cycle of hatred, don’t give them a tomorrow."

Distinguished Member Array Havok's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mnarcher View Post
    Watch the video. It's plain idiotic to carry in that position.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
    I watched the video. Do you have trouble keeping your finger off the bang switch or something?
    Nmuskier and OD* like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by elmacgyver0 View Post
    The only thing you can have too much of is liberals.

Senior Moderator
    @OD* and @TX expat , ^^^^^^^ Senior coffee at McDonalds. Both of you. Now. I'll be there too. I'm going to read the entire thread now, rather than the Cliff Notes.
    Eric357, OD*, Nmuskier and 5 others like this.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ: Buy These Stickers Here

"A man without ethics is a wild beast loosed upon the world" Albert Camus

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

VIP Member
    NOVA...200 square miles surrounded by reality
    Quote Originally Posted by Rock and Glock View Post
    @OD* and @TX expat , ^^^^^^^ Senior coffee at McDonalds. Both of you. Now. I'll be there too. I'm going to read the entire thread now, rather than the Cliff Notes.
    MMMMMM Mgriddle from McDonalds.
    OD* and TX expat like this.
    Its not about guns...Its about Freedom!

Assistant Instructor @ http://www.green-ops.com/ Located in the Washington D.C. Metropolitan Area "Why should your training be any less special?"

Quote Originally Posted by OD* View Post
    Thanks Eric, it's probably the only benefit of getting older!
    Maybe but a lot of us youngsters would be wise to stop and learn imho.
    OD* likes this.
    I like the .40 .

Quote Originally Posted by Rob99VMI04 View Post
    MMMMMM Mgriddle from McDonalds.
    Hardees has better breakfast. :) Monster biscuit.
    OD* likes this.
    I like the .40 .

OD*
    Senior Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Rock and Glock View Post
    We'll see you there my friend!
    Rock and Glock likes this.

"Terrorists: They hated you yesterday, they hate you today, and they will hate you tomorrow.

I don't know if I carry AIWB or not since my appendix is on the other side of my body. I'm left handed and the pistol is between 10:00 and 11:00. A 9:00 carry digs into my hip bone and the pistol grip has a tendency to stick out through my clothes no matter how loose. Any further back and it's a pain when I sit down. I tried cross draw positions and they seem awkward. It's the most natural and comfortable holster placement for me.

OD*
    Senior Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric357 View Post
    Maybe but a lot of us youngsters would be wise to stop and learn imho.
    Something I found out the hard way, many years ago, my hearing was much better when my mouth was shut.

post #36 and joined in FEB17. ... I'm not going to take the bait :)
    Think like a man of action - Act like a man of thought

Senior Moderator
    I got nothin'
    I'm not sure I'd use that choice of wording with the subject matter at hand.

Quote Originally Posted by PEF View Post
    Aren't you the guy that claimed that "Hammer fired is a lousy choice for carry. The hard trigger pull would make getting the first shot very difficult." Need a "New" EDC

And that thumb safeties are a "bad idea." Need a "New" EDC

And it appears you have at least tried AIWB, but you found it uncomfortable: Aiwb carriers? What size pistol do you use?

So, AIWB is dangerous (or uncomfortable?), thumb safeties are a bad idea, hammer fired guns are a bad choice, striker only. Gotcha.

I am by no means an expert, not even close, and thus I know the "advice" I can give is limited and I take that into account when I post. My advice to you is that you should stop preaching your uninformed beliefs as Gospel.
    You forgot our OP is also an expert on holster materials: Kydex is Junk for a Holster (Post 27), not that you'd not buried the matter, yourself, Consigliere.

If I'm ever in need of a Georgia lawyer, you're the guy.
    Yes, Sir.

post #36 and joined in FEB17. ... I'm not going to take the bait :)
    You are a wise man @Fizban . The force is strong in this one.

I considered moving this to OTH, but to be honest, it is very instructive where it is. Seriously.

This is good stuff. It is serious too, and we can all learn from many here.

I carry about 3:30 OWB and always wondered about AIWB. Now I have learned quite a bit. Really. I may forget it all by tomorrow, but I did learn it. Something else to consider.
    OD*, TX expat, Fizban and 5 others like this.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ: Buy These Stickers Here

"A man without ethics is a wild beast loosed upon the world" Albert Camus

Distinguished Member Array Dave909's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TX expat View Post
    I'll address your post. I've never seen anyone on here that blindly considers a person as stupid for asking legitimate questions or for legitimately seeking knowledge; never. That said, if you're going to post up ignorance as 'fact' and you're obviously not looking to learn (and you have absolutely nothing of factual value to teach) then you're going to get dog-piled or summarily dismissed by the large majority of the members here.

It's fine if you don't like something, don't want something or simply don't understand something. It's not fine to have virtually zero intelligence on something yet profess to have the final say on it; so it's not about 'daring' to question something. It's about seeking knowledge vs. simply seeking to argue something that you have no actual knowledge of.

To address your "main reason" comment; if you're doing AIWB correctly, your firearm is not in danger of ever hitting anything if you were to have an AD. Furthermore, AIWB, probably more than any other carry position, allows for full visual concentration on your firearm when holstering so the actual chances of an AD are greatly diminished versus, say, carrying at 4 o'clock where you can't truly see what's happening as you holster. Once again, this is if you're doing things correctly. If you're not then, just like any facet of firearms handling, you're probably putting someone, or something, at risk; and just like others have already noted, there's not a "safe" way to do things wrong and that is true no matter how you choose to carry.
    Well, I never once said anyone here did say or would say you were stupid for questioning it. But DC isn't the only forum and, the internet being the internet, many people would and have counter-argued a point with "you're stupid". But hey, that's the internet right? I choose not to AIWB because I don't have the body style that is comfortable for me to pull off comfortably. I agree that it can be method of carry that can be made safer, but too many just get an IWB and shove it down the front of their pants. Those people are more at risk, IMHO, of putting holes where there weren't any before. I once saw a man touch off a 1911 trying to insert it back into his Sticky holster that was shoved down into his belted jeans. The bullet grazed the idiot, but he got pretty tore up from the blast itself. He's fine today and has never carried in a Sticky holster or IWB again.

So, there's my argument. People generally don't "do it right" and they very much can be hurt. That's all I ever intended to mean.

Quote Originally Posted by mnarcher View Post
    Watch the video. It's plain idiotic to carry in that position.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
    Just threw 2nd bag in microwave. Anyone ever try kettle corn?
    OD*, ghost tracker and Eric357 like this.
    "It's always good to be underestimated" - Donald Trump

Quote Originally Posted by Dave909 View Post
    Well, I never once said anyone here did say or would say you were stupid for questioning it. But DC isn't the only forum and, the internet being the internet, many people would and have counter-argued a point with "you're stupid". But hey, that's the internet right? I choose not to AIWB because I don't have the body style that is comfortable for me to pull off comfortably.
    Sound opinion. This is s good reason to not carry apprndix.

I agree that it can be method of carry that can be made safer, but too many just get an IWB and shove it down the front of their pants. Those people are more at risk, IMHO, of putting holes where there weren't any before. I once saw a man touch off a 1911 trying to insert it back into his Sticky holster that was shoved down into his belted jeans. The bullet grazed the idiot, but he got pretty tore up from the blast itself. He's fine today and has never carried in a Sticky holster or IWB again.

So, there's my argument. People generally don't "do it right" and they very much can be hurt. That's all I ever intended to mean.
    This ND sounds like it was closer to the hip or behind the hip, rather than 1:00. Yes, sticky,"one size fits most" isn't a great holster; especially for a heavy pistol like a 1911. There are plenty of quality holsters available for the 1911.
    OD* likes this.
    Psalm 144:1

Distinguished Member Array Dave909's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nmuskier View Post
    Sound opinion. This is s good reason to not carry apprndix.

This ND sounds like it was closer to the hip or behind the hip, rather than 1:00. Yes, sticky,"one size fits most" isn't a great holster; especially for a heavy pistol like a 1911. There are plenty of quality holsters available for the 1911.
    If I'm remembering the time right, it was around 2 o'clock.

Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links