I am not the only one that thinks AIWB is irresponsible and a reckless. - Page 8

I am not the only one that thinks AIWB is irresponsible and a reckless.

This is a discussion on I am not the only one that thinks AIWB is irresponsible and a reckless. within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by Dave909 Well, I never once said anyone here did say or would say you were stupid for questioning it. But DC isn't ...

Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast
Results 106 to 120 of 191
Like Tree835Likes

Thread: I am not the only one that thinks AIWB is irresponsible and a reckless.

  1. #106
    VIP Member
    Array TX expat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Kansas City
    Posts
    6,630
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave909 View Post
    Well, I never once said anyone here did say or would say you were stupid for questioning it. But DC isn't the only forum and, the internet being the internet, many people would and have counter-argued a point with "you're stupid". But hey, that's the internet right? I choose not to AIWB because I don't have the body style that is comfortable for me to pull off comfortably. I agree that it can be method of carry that can be made safer, but too many just get an IWB and shove it down the front of their pants. Those people are more at risk, IMHO, of putting holes where there weren't any before. I once saw a man touch off a 1911 trying to insert it back into his Sticky holster that was shoved down into his belted jeans. The bullet grazed the idiot, but he got pretty tore up from the blast itself. He's fine today and has never carried in a Sticky holster or IWB again.

    So, there's my argument. People generally don't "do it right" and they very much can be hurt. That's all I ever intended to mean.
    Well you are correct in that you never explicitly said that you were referring to anyone here; however you made a generalized statement about questioning it and you made that statement here. Hence why I felt the need to address it. I don't know the details about how other places treat folks but when you bring up that treatment, I don't think it's unfair to assume that you're talking about the people who are reading your post or the place where you posted it...

    As to the rest of your post, I don't really know how 'most people' do anything; whether that be IWB, AIWB, pocket carry or whatever. I'm pretty well versed in how I do things but I won't proclaim to have knowledge of everyone; however I do get your point. My point, I suppose, is those people who you are referring to are at risk regardless. Posting up nonsense about how certain things like AIWB are generically "irresponsible" is simple ignorance. Being inherently unsafe with any firearm is dangerous. Carrying any firearm at any position can be dangerous. Like most things, though, dangerous comes from ignorance and/or complacency. If you understand how to avoid those, then you'll probably be just fine. If you can't, or won't, then there's probably no amount of devices that will keep you safe.
    NRA Life Member

    "I don't believe gun owners have rights." - Sarah Brady

  2. #107
    Ex Member Array 9MMare's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Outside Seattle, WA
    Posts
    4,084
    Quote Originally Posted by graydude View Post
    Actually, I do think it matters. There are many people that carry AIWB, even in flimsy one size fits many holsters. Yet I haven't heard of anyone shooting themselves while carrying AIWB. Why not? It's a hot button topic so I would think the anti-AIWB crowd would use an AIWB ND, if/when there is one, to support their position. It's possible I've missed hearing about one, and I'd honestly like to know about it.

    As opposed to "Glock leg" when people reholster strong side without looking and ND themselves, AIWB is very easy to watch the gun in until it's secure. Maybe that's one reason we haven't heard of an AIWB ND. Maybe another reason is people are naturally more conscious of being careful around that genital area.

    That guy messing with his gun is an example of why guns should stay holstered. Dorking around with a loaded gun carried strong side or behind the hip in the tight confines of a car is asking for trouble.
    Well I guess my point was...do it wrong (and you can reholster wrong or carelessly) no matter how you carry) and you open yourself up to injury or worse.

    But you could be right if there are no incidences of injury or negligence with AIWB....but cant discount that they are out there.

  3. #108
    VIP Member Array Doogie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    The Land
    Posts
    2,148
    Sorry, but I just am afraid I'll shoot the boys off...... No AIWB for me.....
    Participating in a gun buy-back program because you think that criminals have too many guns is like having yourself castrated because you think your neighbors have too many kids! C. Eastwood

  4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements
     

  5. #109
    Ex Member Array 9MMare's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Outside Seattle, WA
    Posts
    4,084
    Quote Originally Posted by PEF View Post

    I am by no means an expert, not even close, and thus I know the "advice" I can give is limited and I take that into account when I post. My advice to you is that you should stop preaching your uninformed beliefs as Gospel.
    Yes. This is a discussion board. Dont make proclamations, discuss. That's what the OP wanted IMO, but he wanted to be proved right in that discussion.

    These forums are fantastic for finding many different perspectives and info you never ever knew. I have changed my mind on issues and gained deeper understanding of so many things. Just the discussion alone allows for exploring. I ended up doing so just this week in the thread on OC, lol. I didnt change my mind but discovered a whole new (to me) side to that issue...just by writing it all out.

  6. #110
    Distinguished Member Array Dave909's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    South Indiana
    Posts
    1,404
    Quote Originally Posted by TX expat View Post
    Well you are correct in that you never explicitly said that you were referring to anyone here; however you made a generalized statement about questioning it and you made that statement here. Hence why I felt the need to address it. I don't know the details about how other places treat folks but when you bring up that treatment, I don't think it's unfair to assume that you're talking about the people who are reading your post or the place where you posted it
    Well, I'll leave this alone after this final comment as I really don't have a dog in the fight. But, I mean if I didn't ever once state that this forum or its members acted a certain way towards an argument and someone here makes an assumption that I was and takes personal issue with it..I guess it's their problem? Yeah, I kinda do think it unfair to assume I was taking a shot at DC or its people when I didn't even make a tiny hint towards doing so. I guess I could have added "people" to the sentence instead of just "you're considered stupid".

    But then we probably would have ended up in this exact same situation. If I want to disagree with or take a shot at anyone or anyplace, trust me, I'll spell it out instead of making a general statement. But I don't disagree with either side because both sides have their own God given right to their opinions. I simply choose not to carry that way and it doesn't hurt me in the slightest that others do. If they like it and they safely employee that method, God bless them. I'm sorry you felt the need to come to the defense of the forums, I have neither the desire nor the need to call anyone out here. I happen to very much like DC and the people within it, regardless of who I agree or disagree with.

    Now let's get back to the topic at hand, shall we? I don't intend to cause a ruckus over a method of carry I don't even use.
    Rock and Glock and AzQkr like this.

  7. #111
    VIP Member Array matthew03's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    VA-KY
    Posts
    4,490
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob99VMI04 View Post
    First OP I don't AIWB, however, I recognize that it is not dangerous if done properly/

    A wise proverb to live by, you don't know what you don't know.
    Hahaha! I so had to force myself not to post that today for the second time.

  8. #112
    Senior Member Array 2ndunamended's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    707
    This is a good thread.

    I've come to the personal conclusion that I'm less worried about the safety issues of AIWB carry (with proper trigger finger discipline there really aren't any more than OWB) and more with the overall comfort factor. I'll give it a try at some point, if only to give it a try.
    If you're offended by anything I say, I'm offended that you are such a sissy.

    NRA Life Member
    Gun Owners of America Member
    NRA certified Range Safety Officer

  9. #113
    VIP Member
    Array Rob99VMI04's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    NOVA...200 square miles surrounded by reality
    Posts
    4,550
    Quote Originally Posted by matthew03 View Post
    Hahaha! I so had to force myself not to post that today for the second time.
    One thing that does bother me is people watch videos from people on the Al Gore's internet, and think its training. Folks Youtube is not training. Its ENTERTRAINMENT.

    I wonder how many people who are stating AIWB is bad in this thread, actually seek out training? BTW just so we are all on the same page, I don't AIWB because I'm fat. I would if I wasn't fat.
    OD*, matthew03, TX expat and 2 others like this.
    Its not about guns...Its about Freedom!

    Assistant Instructor @ http://www.green-ops.com/ Located in the Washington D.C. Metropolitan Area "Why should your training be any less special?"

  10. #114
    Member Array Militant's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    218
    Quote Originally Posted by PEF View Post
    Aren't you the guy that claimed that "Hammer fired is a lousy choice for carry. The hard trigger pull would make getting the first shot very difficult." Need a "New" EDC

    And that thumb safeties are a "bad idea." Need a "New" EDC

    And it appears you have at least tried AIWB, but you found it uncomfortable: Aiwb carriers? What size pistol do you use?

    So, AIWB is dangerous (or uncomfortable?), thumb safeties are a bad idea, hammer fired guns are a bad choice, striker only. Gotcha.

    I am by no means an expert, not even close, and thus I know the "advice" I can give is limited and I take that into account when I post. My advice to you is that you should stop preaching your uninformed beliefs as Gospel.
    The OP said that huh? The crazy things that people say!

    How someone else chooses to carry their own firearm has absolutely nothing to do with me! Just be safe no matter what position you choose to carry.
    HK P30 HK P30sk HK VP9 HK VP9sk
    HK45c HKUSP9c
    HKUSP45c Stainless
    HKUSP40c Stainless

  11. #115
    VIP Member
    Array Rob99VMI04's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    NOVA...200 square miles surrounded by reality
    Posts
    4,550
    Quote Originally Posted by Militant View Post
    The OP said that huh? The crazy things that people say!

    How someone else chooses to carry their own firearm has absolutely nothing to do with me! Just be safe no matter what position you choose to carry.
    Maybe someone should point out to him. Largest police agency in the US that gets in more gun fights, than any other agency does not carry a striker fired gun.
    Militant likes this.
    Its not about guns...Its about Freedom!

    Assistant Instructor @ http://www.green-ops.com/ Located in the Washington D.C. Metropolitan Area "Why should your training be any less special?"

  12. #116
    VIP Member Array matthew03's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    VA-KY
    Posts
    4,490
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob99VMI04 View Post
    MMMMMM Mgriddle from McDonalds.
    Yeah, you can still eat those things. Being in between the age of the guys that it would kill, (OD, R&G, TXEx), and you, I just get fat...er. LOL!

  13. #117
    Member Array colding's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Rincon, Georgia
    Posts
    457
    I almost exclusively AIWB carry. For me it is more comfortable for all-day wear and faster drawing and aiming. I have absolutely no fear of shooting myself carrying this way, or IWB/OWB for that matter. No booger-hooker on the bang switch until I'm ready to shoot. The gun will not fire by itself. I do, however, take great caution in holstering my weapon. If holstering while holster is still in pants, I slide my weak hand behind the holster and push the muzzle end outward, they slowly holster my firearm. At no point during the holstering does the muzzle sweep any part of my body. After the firearm is secured in the holster, it's business as usual. Most times, I simply remove the holster, insert the gun, then put it back on. Surprisingly fast and easy.
    OD*, TX expat, rainmaker and 1 others like this.
    Glock 19 • Glock 26 • Springfield Armory XDS .45 • Kahr CM9 • S&W Shield 9MM

    GeorgiaCarry.org Member

  14. #118
    VIP Member Array SatCong's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    5,911
    Quote Originally Posted by OD* View Post
    Something I found out the hard way, many years ago, my hearing was much better when my mouth was shut.
    Very true. My Dad would say, eyes open and mouth shut and listen, you might learn something.
    NRA PATRON LIFE
    BROWN WATER NAVY

  15. #119
    OD*
    OD* is offline
    Senior Moderator
    Array OD*'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Coopersville
    Posts
    17,181
    Quote Originally Posted by SatCong View Post
    Very true. My Dad would say, eyes open and mouth shut and listen, you might learn something.
    A wise man.
    SatCong, Rock and Glock and AzQkr like this.
    "The pistol, learn it well, carry it always ..." ~ Jeff Cooper

    "Terrorists: They hated you yesterday, they hate you today, and they will hate you tomorrow.
    End the cycle of hatred, don’t give them a tomorrow."



  16. #120
    Senior Member Array gen3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    By the C&G Railroad
    Posts
    941
    I tried it, but a part of my anatomy is too large to comfortably carry that way.





















    My belly.
    Kennydale, OD*, Instymp and 1 others like this.
    "...a rifle behind every blade of grass."

Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •