Going on 60 Days for AR license.

This is a discussion on Going on 60 Days for AR license. within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; It has been since mid July since we have had class, and sent in my application. Still no word.......

Thread: Going on 60 Days for AR license.

Going on 60 Days for AR license.

It has been since mid July since we have had class, and sent in my application.
    Still no word....

2. Remove Ads

I believe in AR you can assume a wait of up to 144 days..it may be after Xmas before you get your ticket...

WOW! Are there that many applicants? Did it take you that long?

Distinguished Member Array fotomaker57's Avatar
    I won't rub it in about my wait time in Mo. Lets just say it was much quicker. Good luck and hang in there>
    mike
    The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.
    Thomas Jefferson

Thanks, Mike..

I understand that the ASP are really busy with many CCL apps. Patience is the only way to wait this out. I renewd in July also and I have not recived my ticket either. It will come and your memory of this wait will soon fade.

Senior Moderator
    They have been running slow. From what I understand one of the 2 woman down in the State Police headquaters that helps with the processing stays on the phone trying to get reciprocity with other states. Right now we are officially at 27 states, 7 are pending and 10 said "no". Also, she has been getting info and mailing to all of the instructors and there is alot of it so she has been pretty busy.

SA-XD4ME...
    I have talked to several others that were in your class and as of yet none of them have received their permits either. I know it may not be much of consolation to you, but at least its not just you.

Since there are just two of them that take care of updates, mail info to instructors, staying abreast of the latest revisions in the law and everything and anything that has to do with the CHL, they can and do get bogged down. Be patient, it'll happen eventually.

I know it sucks to wait, but at least now yall know why.
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

HotGuns,

Thanks. I know I have PM'd you before on this. Thanks for the updates. It is an eagerly wait. I travel a lot to Memphis (mother lives there still) and to the Northeast AR to visit my Pop.

I would like to be able to travel with some protection on I40. For now it is unloaded, and in a case in the trunk with a mag in my console.

I just feel that I40 is a really dangerous interstate, and would like to be able to have a weapon in case of car trouble.

Needless to say.. I grew up in Memphis area, and for some reason I feel more spooked in Little Rock than in Memphis. I guess I just don't know the area as well, or the people yet. I feel that I am always looking over my shoulder in Little Rock.

Again HotGuns, thanks for the update. Also I have to get with you out at the range.. My wife wants to join and come up there shooting.

Administrator

Thumbs up

HotGuns the Man for telling it like it be.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

Mine took 3 months.

I live in Arkansas, and my permit took almost exactly 3 months to arrive. I took the class and sent my application in March and received my permit in June. From what I've heard from others around here that is about normal. I expect you will get your permit next month at the latest. Hang in there.

Thanks for the support, everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by *SA-XD4ME* View Post
    It has been since mid July since we have had class, and sent in my application.
    Still no word....
    I applied late June and its been 78 days. No doubt we are looking at 90 days at the very least.

My AR permit took 16 wks, If I remember correctly. I took the class in early Mar.

It took 3 months for mine to get here if I recall correctly.

I submitted my package in early May, it was just under 120 days before I got mine a few weeks ago.

I sent them a polite email at about the 115 day mark. Got my permit two days later in the mail. I thought, "huh, that must have got it off high center" and didn't think anything more about it. About 10 days later, they finally got around to answering my email and offering to trace my application. Just shows that the ASP is covered up and doesn't have sufficient personnel to handle the work load.

Links