Non-res Permit ???

Non-res Permit ???

This is a discussion on Non-res Permit ??? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have a resident permit in SC, I have a non-res in NH, in the process of getting a Florida permit, since I travel there ...

Non-res Permit ???

I have a resident permit in SC, I have a non-res in NH, in the process of getting a Florida permit, since I travel there alot for work and neither of my permits, now allow me to carry there. For work I cover, VA, NC, SC, GA and FL, my SC permit has me covered in the first 3 states and my NH non-res has me covered in GA as for FL I'll just abide by peaceable journey laws, until I receive a FL permit. My question is, say I was to be pulled over, or went through a checkpoint in GA should I present the police with just my NH non-res and my DL or should I give them both my SC ccw and NH. My way of thinking, is that since they don't honor a SC permit, why produce it, surely they know I had to have a permit, from my home state to aquire the NH non-res, wouldn't they????
    Last edited by ENSANE1970; September 18th, 2007 at 07:50 AM.
    If you want a battle of the wit's, please come armed.

Ron Paul Revolution 2008!!!

NRA Member

VIP Member
    LEOs have to know a lot of stuff. Most will not know off the top of their head that you need a home state permit to get a NH non-res permit. They may not even know which state's permits they recognize.

Short aside -Back when VA was the only state that WVA recognized a friend was stopped at a border check (DUI checkpoint or something) and he produced his VA permit. The WVA trooper asked why my friend gave him his permit and my friend knew more about WVA and VA carry laws than the trooper. Now I'm not deriding the trooper in any way, see my first statement. My experience is that 'we' get to focus on a narrow part of the law as it pertains to firearms, carrying, etc, the LEOs are generalists and have to know a little about a lot.

That being said if GA is a notify state (I don't know) show them only the permit that is valid there. Don't confuse the issue by showing multiple permits or a permit that isn't valid. You choice to disclose or not in a state that doesn't require it is your own, so no worries there.
    Procrastinators are the leaders of tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by ENSANE1970 View Post
    . For work I cover, VA, NC, SC, GA and FL, my SC permit has me covered in the first 3 states and my NH non-res has me covered in GA and FL
    Not sure you mean this but your NH permit will not cover FL. Fl only recognizes resident permits so the NH for a SC resident isn't recognized or at least that is what I have been told.

The Fed. My interpretation of the Federal Law, is that on the Issue of "Peaceable Journey" it clearly states that Federal Law will allow, under the "Peaceable Journey" conditions No state law to supersede this one type of journey through any state. I have personally checked this with New York State and this is also the Interpretation from the New York State Police.

I carry a current list of all the states that have reciprocy with NC. If the LEO would have any ? about my out of state permit I can show him the print out from an official NC site. Of course he can easily verify this info if he felt the need to. If I were you I would carry the list for SC and NH and show whichever is valid for the state you find yourself in. I am on my first cup of coffee so I hope you understand whay I am saying.lol!!
    When Seconds Count, The Cops Are Just Minutes Away!!
    Carry On!
    NCHornet

Links