How To Tuck

This is a discussion on How To Tuck within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I posted this within another thread, but think it got lost in the noise, so will try again, since I haven't really figured out the ...

Thread: How To Tuck

How To Tuck

I posted this within another thread, but think it got lost in the noise, so will try again, since I haven't really figured out the best method. (Both seem to take me forever and don't look all that well.)

If you do tuck your shirt when wearing a "tuckable" IWB holster, how do you do it?

A. Bottom seam of shirt outside of holster, between holster/gun and pants?

B. Bottom seam of shirt inside holster, between body and holster/gun, with a bloused portion of shirt draped over the top of gun and then slightly tucked between holster/gun and pants?

C. Explain, please - (these are the only two methods I can think of.)
    Chuck

2. Remove Ads

Lead Moderator
    The tuckable clip slot is where the shirt end goes. The holster would be inside the shirt, the clip and belt outside the shirt. Depending on how much shirt, I like to blouse my shirt so it has more loose material to further hide the gun.
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

Quote Originally Posted by rocky View Post
    The tuckable clip slot is where the shirt end goes. The holster would be inside the shirt, the clip and belt outside the shirt. Depending on how much shirt, I like to blouse my shirt so it has more loose material to further hide the gun.
    +1

Blousing the shirt a little adds to the concelability of your side arm and minimizes how much of your shirt is 'tucked' between the holster and belt.

I tend to "floss" whatever shirt I'm tucking in to where it needs to be (between the clips and the holster after you get the holster situated) and then just leave it alone. It does take a little extra to set yourself up when tucking.....but it beats leaving your sidearm in the car or at home.
    "Just getting a concealed carry permit means you haven't commited a crime yet. CCP holders commit crimes." Daniel Vice, senior attorney for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, quoted on Fox & Friends, 8 Jul, 2008

(Sometimes) "a fight avioded is a fight won." ... claude clay

++1

Quote Originally Posted by goldshellback View Post
    +1

Blousing the shirt a little adds to the concelability of your side arm and minimizes how much of your shirt is 'tucked' between the holster and belt.

I tend to "floss" whatever shirt I'm tucking in to where it needs to be (between the clips and the holster after you get the holster situated) and then just leave it alone. It does take a little extra to set yourself up when tucking.....but it beats leaving your sidearm in the car or at home.
    They both said it as well as I can. This is how I carry every day.
    DEMOCRACY IS TWO WOLVES AND A LAMB VOTING ON WHAT TO HAVE FOR LUNCH. LIBERTY IS A WELL ARMED LAMB CONtestING THE VOTE.

Certified Instructor for Minnesota Carry Permit
    NRA Pistol and Personal Protection Insrtuctor
    Utah Permit Certified Instructor

Quote Originally Posted by goldshellback View Post
    +1

+++1
    when i have to tuck in, this is how i carry as well. blousing the shirt not only adds to concealability, but it gives your off-hand more shirt to grab and less shirt to have to lift should you have to draw. it may not be the most convenient carry method, but it's better than not being armed.

Tucking, blousing, flossing, I just strap on the pancake and where a XL button down the front shirt worn outside the pants. I hate IWB carry. Reckon I am lucky I don't have to wear a tucked in shirt to often. When I do I usually just throw one of my NAA Guardians in my front pocket. I assume those that do IWB carry always wear a T shirt as having the gun and or holster rubbing against my skin would be way to uncomfortable.
    When Seconds Count, The Cops Are Just Minutes Away!!
    Carry On!
    NCHornet

It is too hot in Texas for me to wear a t-shirt so my kydex holster is against my skin and my underwear. Usually I only notice if I go on a long drive but that is because the seat pushes the grips into me.

Often, I will wear an untucked shirt with my IWB holster. The IWB has a lower profile than any pancake style I own. Still no t-shirt.

A! (that was going to be my whole post but apparently i have to have at least 3 characters hehe)

Lead Moderator
    Lets keep it on topic, thanks.
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

Links