Carried in church today.

This is a discussion on Carried in church today. within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by mocarryguy Some pastors seem to draw attention when they preach what the good book actually says. You're right about that. Our preacher ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Carried in church today.

Quote Originally Posted by mocarryguy View Post
    Some pastors seem to draw attention when they preach what the good book actually says.
    You're right about that. Our preacher has been threatened several times.
    America: Your government is not ignoring you, it's insulting you.

The Bill of Rights: Void where prohibited by law.

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by cannon View Post
    I don't think Louisiana allows church carry......any one want to expand on that? Cannon
    I know Mississippi and Arkansas do not allow CC in Church. Both of their lists of prohibited places look the same. I don't agree, but I have to work on my legislator to correct that. everywhere

When I lived in MI a preacher friend of mine in Romulus has a gun pulled on him 2x, once in church. A couple years ago in WI a priest murdered two of his parishioners when they threatened to go public about something he had done. [add a thousand stories like this here].

I always carry in church - honestly - I think I'm less safe there than most places I go.

Spydad,
    Email this link to your legislators as an example of why CCH needs to be allowed in churches.

http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/08/12/chu...ing/index.html

Hoss
    Sig 239 SAS 40 S&W / Sig 239 9mm / Kahr PM-9 / Walther PPS .40 / Sig P-245 / Ruger LCP
    Beretta Tomcat / Walther PPK / BDA 380 / Taurus 85 / Kel-Tec PF-9 / Am. Derringer 357

NRA Life Member
    My Web Site

Quote Originally Posted by imatt View Post
    AWESOME illustration. Unfortunately in our area it wouldn't fly. Would be considered a criminal offense by everyone "brandishing."

Maybe one day my area will rise to the level of civility that church congregation showed.
    But the church is private property--if the "owner"--the congregation and the pastor--all show their firearms--in "their" church....brandishing shouldn't be an issue.
    Magazine <> clip - know the difference

martyr is a fancy name for crappy fighter
    You have never lived until you have almost died. For those that have fought for it, life has a special flavor the protected will never know

Quote Originally Posted by SIGguy229 View Post
    But the church is private property--if the "owner"--the congregation and the pastor--all show their firearms--in "their" church....brandishing shouldn't be an issue.
    True, except I'm not entirely sure WHO owns the church. It's not a pastor owned church - at least it wasn't quite there yet when we decided to leave that church. (still looking a good one) I imagine if someone who had issue against CC were to be on the church board, things could become nasty quite speedily.

Good thought.

PM
    Quote Originally Posted by DrLewall View Post
    Church is a good place to carry..not too long ago, a BG went into a church in Neosh MO and killed..if only some of them "sheep" had a sheep dog among them.
    Carry in church in MO is a NO NO!!

imatt; it would take some one in the congrgation who wanted to push the issue ie some one who whated to get the pastor/church in trouble. While I am not sure the pastor showed good judgement; I do like the idea that there was an equal number of Bibles to guns in the congregation. I have been in churches where the number of Bibles brought from home is slim!!

Spydad,
    Email this link to your legislators as an example of why CCH needs to be allowed in churches.

http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/08/12/chu...ing/index.html

Hoss

Thanks for the hook up

being a solitary wiccan i don't often go to a church. on the occaisions i do i carry whatever weapon is most conveniant for the situation and the suit im stuck in. normaly a pocket .22 or a small knife. why leave yourself vulnerable physicaly while you improve yourself spiritualy?
    "Nothing in life is so exhilarating as to be shot at without result."
    -Winston Churchill
    Every well-bred petty crook knows: the small concealable weapons always go to the far left of the place setting.
    -Inara, firefly

Quote Originally Posted by limatunes View Post
    It was the first time I saw a mass amount of people, not on a range, with guns. It was neat.

I've carried to church before.. LOTS of times. I see absolutely nothing wrong with it.
    That's awesome, I wish my church's priests would make those kinds of statements.
    I see you're now in VA, whereabouts?
    VSC states carry in church while services are being held is illegal without "good and sufficient reason". Don't do it unless you want to be the one to clarify "good and sufficient reason", although I don't have a problem looking the other way...
    Vis consili expers mole ruit sua.
    -Horace

VIP Member Array peacefuljeffrey's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by limatunes View Post
    I was once in a church service in Texas where the Preacher was trying to make a statement that people should carry their Bibles as often as they carry their gun and if you wouldn't leave home without one, you shouldn't leave home without the other.

He asked everyone to raise their guns in the air.

All around the room guns went up... Little old ladies, husbands, wives.. all shapes, all sizes, all calibers.
    While I like the fact that so many were going armed,
    I don't like the fact that
    a) the preacher requested that a large number of people all draw (presumably) loaded guns
    b) so many people did not think better of drawing and displaying their (presumably) loaded guns just because someone asked them to to make a point

I mean, talk about silly and pointless. Let's introduce the idea that a few dozen people might--and likely will--muzzle-sweep a few dozen others just to give an "amen"...

Not a real bright thing for anyone concerned to have done.

Would you like it if in a shop full of gun owners, the gun shop owner suddenly asked everyone who's carrying to just whip out their guns? And there, at least, the people wouldn't be "all full o' Jay-sus!" to the point of forgetting gun safety rules. And still most of us would frown on the practice and point out that there is little or nothing to be gained, but a whole lot that stands to cost.

Distinguished Member
    Amen to jeffery's post.

Quote Originally Posted by Thumper View Post
    Me too! I carried my new P-220 Compact to church. You know, I think EVERYBODY should! "Go ahead preacher, tell me I'm going to hell now! Ah, Lord? Um, I was just kidding... heh heh.
    That's right, Thumper. Better be careful.
    Some o' them preachers may just be packing, too.
    He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose. - Jim Elliott

The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it.
    Albert Einstein

I carry my gun in church but never have seen a need to carry a bible. You are not likely to be sitting there reading the bible and the most common use is to spend time flipping pages whenever the pastor makes a bible reference (thus missing some of what he says.) When the pastor makes and reads a bible reference, I don't suspect he is lying to me and have to check if he is reading it right.
    People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence in their behalf. - George Orwell

PM
    Quote Originally Posted by peacefuljeffrey View Post
    I don't like the fact that
    a) the preacher requested that a large number of people all draw (presumably) loaded guns
    b) so many people did not think better of drawing and displaying their (presumably) loaded guns just because someone asked them to to make a point

I mean, talk about silly and pointless. Let's introduce the idea that a few dozen people might--and likely will--muzzle-sweep a few dozen others just to give an "amen"...
    My thought exactly. The whole idea here is concealed is concealed! I am not sure what the preacher was thinking. I can bet that the preacher did not know all the folks well enough to insure that ALL of the people with firearms present would practice good firearms safety. I know of two others at the church I attend who have their permits (We ended up taking the class together) and on the range two of us had the issue or muzzle sweep and one had a trigger finger issue if I remember. The chance of an NA is increase the more one handles their gun needlessly. So while I am impressed with numbers with guns and the number with "Swords"; I think the pastor needs a swift

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links