Flying from RIC to BNA (Nashville)

This is a discussion on Flying from RIC to BNA (Nashville) within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Looking for links to the TSA rules for transporting a handgun (I know, it'll be in checked baggage) as well as a link for US ...

Thread: Flying from RIC to BNA (Nashville)

Flying from RIC to BNA (Nashville)

Looking for links to the TSA rules for transporting a handgun (I know, it'll be in checked baggage) as well as a link for US Airways rules.

Can someone please assist?

Cheers,

J.R.

2. Remove Ads

I've flown with a gun a few times and found it to be a relatively easy affiar. This link may help you. I also copied this from the US Airways website:

Firearms
    US Airways will allow passengers to transport firearms in accordance with Federal Law. The following conditions must be met:
    Items of shooting equipment will be accepted as checked baggage only.
    A passenger who presents baggage containing a firearm must declare and demonstrate that the weapon is unloaded.
    Firearms must be packed in a manufacturer’s hard–sided container specifically designed for the firearm, a locked hard–sided gun case, or a locked hard–sided piece of luggage. Handguns packed in a hard–sided gun case may be packed inside a soft–sided piece of luggage. A Conditional Acceptance Tag must be used in this case.
    Baggage containing firearms must be locked at all times and the key or lock combination retained by the passenger.
    A Firearm Unloaded Declaration form (available only at the airport) must be signed and placed inside the bag or gun case.
    Ammunition must be packed in the original manufacturing package or metal/wood box, with a maximum of 11 pounds per passenger.
    There is no limit to the number of items contained in rifle, shotgun or pistol case, up to 50 lbs., 62 inches in maximum.
    "You gonna do something about it or just stand there and bleed?" -Wyatt Earp

Here is a link to the TSA page that deals with flying with a firearm in your checked luggage:

TSA Special Items Page

Also be sure to research the rules for flying with a firearm in your checked luggage for the specific airline you are going to be flying on. Their rules may in fact be stricter than the TSA's rules.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

Ok...

I have a hard sided, lockable pistol case, but I have a soft-sided suitcase...and I see there's another condition I have to meet for US Airways, so no worries there.

Can someone clarifiy the info on putting the case in my suitcase, do I lock the suitcase as well after TSA screens it?

Links