Defensive Carry banner

"Who's Packing" Lima Ohio

2K views 10 replies 10 participants last post by  pogo2 
#1 ·
While making a fuel stop traveling this weekend, I noticed the front page headline on the Lima News (Lima OH) was "Who's Packing" I didn't want to shell out for the Sunday paper, but found the article here:

Who's Packing?

Just now reading it but a quick scan indicates it seems to be a positive article.

#2 ·
Great article

The article is very positive on the subject of concealed carry, and contains comments by many citizens of that area in Ohio, including law enforcement, local government and business people. It makes the point that those who obtain a CCW are honest, mature citizens who don't want to be a victim and are unlikely to cause any trouble with their concealed handgun.

#3 ·
"A good portion of permit holders are like Minnard and rarely, if ever, carry a gun with them."

Then he probably won't have it when he does need it! :gah:

#4 ·
I like they pointed out that it is everyday people including Doctors, Lawyers and the everyday Joe.

People seem to look at it as if a doctor is doing it then it is more acceptable. Good story, but I wouldn't have been one interviewed. I can't see having my name published saying I have a CCW.

#6 ·
Overall I would say the folks in Lima, Ohio have their heads screwed on straight. :congrats:

#7 ·
The Lima News collected the names, dates of birth and counties of residence of every person in those five counties who holds a concealed-carry license.
I would definitely get the H out of Ohio or do some serious legislative activism if this is possible. What happened to privacy?

This is one of numerous problems with licensing.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.