"Who's Packing" Lima Ohio

"Who's Packing" Lima Ohio

This is a discussion on "Who's Packing" Lima Ohio within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; While making a fuel stop traveling this weekend, I noticed the front page headline on the Lima News (Lima OH) was "Who's Packing" I didn't ...

Thread: "Who's Packing" Lima Ohio

Post "Who's Packing" Lima Ohio

While making a fuel stop traveling this weekend, I noticed the front page headline on the Lima News (Lima OH) was "Who's Packing" I didn't want to shell out for the Sunday paper, but found the article here:

Who's Packing?

Just now reading it but a quick scan indicates it seems to be a positive article.

Great article

The article is very positive on the subject of concealed carry, and contains comments by many citizens of that area in Ohio, including law enforcement, local government and business people. It makes the point that those who obtain a CCW are honest, mature citizens who don't want to be a victim and are unlikely to cause any trouble with their concealed handgun.

VIP Member
    "A good portion of permit holders are like Minnard and rarely, if ever, carry a gun with them."

Then he probably won't have it when he does need it!
    ALWAYS carry! - NEVER tell!

"A superior Operator is best defined as someone who uses his superior
    judgement to keep himself out of situations that would require a display of his
    superior skills."

I like they pointed out that it is everyday people including Doctors, Lawyers and the everyday Joe.

People seem to look at it as if a doctor is doing it then it is more acceptable. Good story, but I wouldn't have been one interviewed. I can't see having my name published saying I have a CCW.
    NRA Rifle Coach
    NRA Pistol Instructor
    NRA Personal Protection In the Home Instructor

--- Some of the friendliest people I have ever talked to are gun owners and shooters and according to the gun activists we are the mass murders and felons of the nation???

Quote Originally Posted by rabywk View Post
    Good story, but I wouldn't have been one interviewed. I can't see having my name published saying I have a CCW.
    Same here..I like being "discrete" while CCW.

Overall I would say the folks in Lima, Ohio have their heads screwed on straight.
    "Society never advances. It recedes as fast on one side as it gains on the other. It undergoes continual change; but this change is not [an improvement]. For everything that is given, something is taken."
    Ralph Waldo Emerson

The Lima News collected the names, dates of birth and counties of residence of every person in those five counties who holds a concealed-carry license.
    I would definitely get the H out of Ohio or do some serious legislative activism if this is possible. What happened to privacy?

This is one of numerous problems with licensing.

They're not public records, and the sherrif can't release the info.

However, a journalist can view them, and some journalists insist that they have the right to publish them.

We're fighting it.
    ~Mike F.
    http://www.ConcealedCampus.com
    http://www.a-human-right.com/
    "Quemadmoeum gladuis neminem occidit, occidentis telum est."

It's nice to see CCW in a nice light though. I get so sick of the usual media crap that spews forth relating to guns...
    "You gonna do something about it or just stand there and bleed?" -Wyatt Earp

Quote Originally Posted by rabywk View Post
    People seem to look at it as if a doctor is doing it then it is more acceptable.
    It's a matter of perception. Doctors, by common thought, are lifesavers by trade, whereas firearms are life takers. If a doctor can come to terms with the ramifications of carrying and possibly using a firearm, then, in the minds of those that don't understand the lifestyle (of CCW), but who are not adamantly against it, CC begins to make sense.

Most non-doctor CCWers already understand how volitile this little world of ours is, but many non-CCWers do not. They have lived either sheltered lives, or like the rest of the sheep, prefer to graze with their heads in the sand.

Everyone, even the anti's, realize that the worlds leaders need protection, but not everyone realizes that they themselves are not protected. If a doctor carries, then there must be something to it.
    "A simple way to take measure of a country is to look at how many want in ... And how many want out." British Prime Minister Tony Blair

Semantics...

Quote Originally Posted by purple88yj View Post
    It's a matter of perception. Doctors, by common thought, are lifesavers by trade, whereas firearms are life takers.
    A doctor can defend his own life with a gun and still qualify as a "lifesaver".

Links